• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
It really is doing better than expected.

It's now expected to open above 90 million.

It will likely outgross lifetime totals of BvS, WW and Justice League in 4 days.
It will be the largest Dec opening in local currency.

JJH

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DC your savior has arrived.

Aquamanfall.gif

Something seems off about that fence.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Good, this is how you build your brand DC. Glad they finally got it together,

Still a massive question mark as to what they will do with Batman or Superman, their (arguably) biggest characters.

Chamber

Oct 25, 2017
A movie with freaking Superman, Batman & Wonder Woman is getting beat by a movie about a man talking to fish?

A movie with Wonder Woman already beat a movie with Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman. I really hope we hit a point where "X grosses more than Justice League" stops being worth a mention.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
damnit i keep missing the early screenings... someone needs to come and babysit for me so i can watch this early

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
A movie with Wonder Woman already beat a movie with Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman. I really hope we hit a point where "X grosses more than Justice League" stops being worth a mention.
At this point I'm glad interest in DC movies does exists outside of Batman and Superman.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Opens on the 12th in the UK so will be at the first matinee. Not expecting anything above an average Marvel origin story but we'll see.

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Watched it yesterday. Theater was half full.

It was alright. Entertaining I guess but also dumb as hell. 6/10 best dc movie so far.

Deleted member 46493

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 7, 2018
Does China's giant population + the fact that if a movie is popular everyone goes see it result in this mega blockbusters getting crazy box officer numbers?

MizneyWorld

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Making Aquaman a "splash" despite the terrible reception of the previous DCEU movie, Justice League, the dismal rep of the DCEU in general, & the hokey mainstream rep of the Aquaman character, gives James "Chosen" Wan yet another blank check to throw on the pile.

I'm glad/hopeful the DC/WB is straightening this shit out now. Shazam! only got's one shot at mainstream success. He needs this movie. Not to mention if positive Aquaman buzz gives Shazam!/(Captain Marvel) the rub to compete with Marvel's officially Captain Marvel.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does China's giant population + the fact that if a movie is popular everyone goes see it result in this mega blockbusters getting crazy box officer numbers?
Look how it's worded "Record WB opening"
It's not "biggest opening" or "biggest superhero opening" it's biggest WB opening.

Warcraft made huge numbers in China but there was also a promotion involved.
I don't really trust their Box Office numbers, but huge numbers always look great.

JayCB64

Oct 25, 2017
Wales
Wasn't the highest grossing movie of all time in China about mer-people?

Maybe they just really like fish-people movies?

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC

THIS IS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT

but i would not pitch him as the antagonist of BP. i'd have him solo a movie, then build up pressure between Wakanda, Oklahoma Asgard, Atlantis and a new kingdom and make a War of Four Kingdoms event movie

Congrats on the newborn :3
I am aiming to watch it on thursday after work myself.

thanks! i will be missing lots of great movies - spider verse, bumblebee, aquaman - but my wife said we will 100% be dropping baby off at the in laws for Captain Marvel date night

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Wait this movie is out now? Have I been so disconnected as to not notice?

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
James Wan is a good director and I'm happy he was able to create a good movie that seems to be resonating with audiences.

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait for the Aquaman vs Wonder Woman movie.

WW: "Save Hippolyta..."
AM: HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT NAME!?!!!?

Wasn't Warcraft huge is China and we never got a sequel to that?