• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 835

User requested account deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ffDLA7Q.jpg

78%
6.1 average
39 reviews

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
At this point, this is the best the DCEU can hope for. We are LONG past any of these films having the potential to be trend-setting events. Best WB can hope for is to ape the MCU enough that people at least have fun.
Just wait until Nolan comes back to direct the academy award sweeping Superman trilogy. Believe!

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
Seems to be getting middling to solid reviews. Not really interested in the film myself irregardless, but congrats DC fans.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wha--

I mean, it uses a neat effect over its animation that gives it a stop motion feel, but it's nowhere near artsy, it's still a big budget 3D computer animation. It's not like it's Persepolis or something.

It's a 2pac quote. Is it insensitive? Yeah, probably. Does this mean she's a horrible racist? No.

I'm oversimplifying but maintain that little kids expect everything to look sunny and Pixar. Teens and adults won't sweat it and I think it's going to do gang busters but the deep lore and slight edge might be a hurdle for breaking records relative to its critical reception. And if I am wrong I will be happy.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
It is weird almost an hour in folks still on a RT score, but little reviews posted in here.

Whompa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
39 reviews so far. Some movies have like 400 reviews.

Gunna wait till they hit like at least 60-90 to see how this fairs.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
At this point, this is the best the DCEU can hope for. We are LONG past any of these films having the potential to be trend-setting events. Best WB can hope for is to ape the MCU enough that people at least have fun.
Wonder Woman just came out last year.

(which to your point was really aping Cap 1 + Thor 1 anyway, but it'd be silly to deny it wasn't also a giant event)

LosDaddie

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Longwood, FL
70s seems about right to me.

Aquaman doesn't look like a complete disaster to me. Probably a fun movie to see with friends, which I will.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
5 points lower than I expected so far. Will probably slip to the 70s though.
Better than their last non-WW efforts it seems, so there's that.

Oct 25, 2017
Well RT wise the movie is going fine. Box office should be fine unless people just aren't interested at all, but it's probably a good enough flick to get butt in seats. Can't wait for Shazam

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
So can expect the score to drop by a bit? Thought that's what usually happens with RT scores
Hope it stays stable/increases

Rickelodeon

Oct 25, 2017
The vibe i get from the reviews is "silly, ridiculously over the top entertainment"

Aka an UNDERWATER FAST AND FURIOUS movie. Which is exactly what I was hoping it would be when Wan signed on. Hype engaged.

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017

Oh please. Personally I hope WB follows their own path with the DC movies. The Joker movie alone has me more interested than any other upcoming CBM.

OP
OP
ZattMurdock

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
So can expect the score to drop by a bit? Thought that's what usually happens with RT scores
Hope it stays stable/increases
It depends. That oftenly happens when a film is embargoed to oblivion like MoS, BvS and JL. That's not the case here, while I get to see the film tomorrow because it premieres here, the film won't be out in the USA until December 21st. I think it'll stabilize around 70s with possibility of going up, instead of down.

I think DC fans should remember that Venom is a crap ass film and made a shit ton of money, this seems to be a fun flick full of spetacle and it'll probably please people even more than Venom. I'll take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.