• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
Apologies if I missed the Aquarium OT (didn't see one), but was hoping someone had experience with aquascaping here.

I'm interested in setting up a tank, with Iwagumi-style aquascaping, but am having a LOT of trouble finding Seiryu stones. I've even resorted to looking for small boulders that have that nice, textured appearance (lava rocks, layered rocks). Drove to several stores today (local fish store, pet stores, nursery, and home improvement store), and most told me I had to probably find a quarry or take some that I find outside (I have no idea where to find these rocks in the wild suburbs of California.)

Can anyone recommend a trustworthy, online retailer, or even a local SoCal store that sells these sort of stones? It doesn't have to be true Seiryu stones. I'm simply looking for similarly patterned rocks (for a 10 gal aquarium).

Iwagumi-Aquascape-Style.jpg