• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

FriskyCanuck

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada

LVWIY87.png

Yeah, not a good look Arby's. Twitter guy is getting sacked methinks.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
yeah it was bound to happen when company twitters started trying to out millennial each other

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
They're making fun of the age excuse so many people use. I'm not really seeing any issue here.

Cami sounds like they'd be real fun at parties.

Dec 23, 2017
I think this could have been avoided if they put #ArbysChibi or something.

The waifu thing makes it a bit creepy along with the age 54 reply.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
This definitely seems like a bit of stretch to get upset over.

Character design reminds me a bit of the "Theatrhythm" designs at first glance.

201647_detail.jpg

Something else too but it's slipping my mind at the moment.

Edit: I love her floating cowboy hat.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
That is intended to be chibi, but it doesn't really work if you don't have the normal version for context. Also, the proportion are wrong for a chibified character. Her head should be massive and her bidy should be the same size as or smaller than it.

Meatwad

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
It's clearly a (misguided) attempt to clown on the whole Wendy's waifu meme which in itself is creepy

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
nah, you're reachin big time.

doesn't mean doing a waifu anything on international womens day is a good idea though

Oct 26, 2017
Seems like a very standard chibi woman.

That said, I'm not sure what they're thinking with this "contest". Not gonna be family-friendly, that's for sure

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like they're just making fun of the 1,000 year old dragon thing. The picture isn't sexualized at all.

Leafhopper

Oct 25, 2017
It's a chibi character based off of the brand.

So yeah it would be 54 years old, as old as Arby's

What's the problem here?

Wolfe

Banned
Sep 3, 2018
Yeah the exchange in the op comes off a bit as if wanting to be upset by something that really isn't with getting upset about, like can drawings of adults not be "small and cute"?

I dunno maybe there's something I'm missing, just not seeing the bridge here between "overly stylized character depiction" and "enabling pedos".

Nov 1, 2017
DFW, Texas
It's official, the internet was a mistake -- I will enjoy watching this conversation devolve into the "won't you think about the sexualized children?" group and the pederast defense league, maybe with an Arby sauce size of gamergate subliminals (like the rappers are wont to do).

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, again, adult characters get Chibi-fied all the time. This to me seems like such a stretch. Maybe I am missing context here.