• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fandyrobertson%2Ffiles%2F2019%2F06%2Fcabs.jpg

Andy Robertson said:
These extend Arcade1Up's line of replica arcade machines. Each matches the original machine decals and use arcade components, but stand at just under 4ft. Previous games have included single player Space Invaders and Galaga, two-player Final Fight, Street Fighter II and three player Rampage. The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles will be the first Arcade1Up machine to provide four players on one cabinet.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles will retail for around $349 and Marvel Super Heroes will come in at $299. They will be available later this year.

Sources: Forbes, FamilyGamerTV (YouTube)

Red Devil

Oct 29, 2017
I wonder why these licensed arcade titles only ended up reprinted on physical form and not digital platforms...

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Okay they finally made the arcade cabinets i've wanted. Goodbye wallet

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
Oh fuck..I'm in for X-Men CoTA.

Edit: and am I crazy or do the cabs look different/better than previous ones?

Voytek

Oct 25, 2017
Goddammit I want that Turtles machine so badly but I can't afford these things haha.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I'd imagine that Arcade 1Up will eventually do a cabinet for the first two Marvel vs. Capcom games & the crossovers that preceded it (I.E. MvC1, MvC2, XvSF, & MvSF).

LordGorchnik

Oct 30, 2017
I will probably pick up that Turtles one. Finding the original arcade machine in good condition can reach up to $2k.

Knot Locks

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
"CAPCOM PRESENTS

MARVEL COMICS..."

Damn, I would love to pick up both of these at some point.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
X-Men: Children of the Atom is the best marvel capcom game imo. Wish I had room for one.

How does it work. Licensed roms running on MAME, or do they source original boards?

Do the LCD panels have a good response time?

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Man, these both seem cool. Price is a bit steeper on the Turtles one, but I guess licensing costs and engineering their first four player layout probably have something to do with it.

StreamedHams

Nov 21, 2017
For posterity, I feel like I need to own damn near all of these.

Common sense, overrides. Maybe when I get a larger place and can dedicate a whole room to stuff like this.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
This is very sweet news!

So Capcom is willing to pay for the licenses to get AvP and Punisher rereleased... but not on PC or consoles? Okay

I wonder why these licensed arcade titles only ended up reprinted on physical form and not digital platforms...

I don't know, though if companies like Capcom & Konami can have Arcade 1up do these, then they should be able to give us a collection of these games both physically & digitally on Switch, Xbox One, PS4 & PC, too.

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
As much as I loved Turtles in Time in the arcades, I loved The Simpsons arcade game even more. Give me that and I'll be tempted.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
The real news is that Marvel & Capcom still have some semblance of a working relationship post-MvCI.

If nothing else, there's hope for a MvC Legacy Collection in the near future.

Omegasquash

Oct 31, 2017
Word of caution on these machines....the nostalgia can and will wear on you, though they are great for parties. I got the Street Fighter one this past holiday and replaced the board with a retropie. If THAT'S your jam, I'd recommend the the Marvel cabinet since the buttons are mostly there (I replaced mine altogether, and the joysticks were kind of meh).

The Turtles machine having 4 player though...I'm liking that.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
The real news is that Marvel & Capcom still have some semblance of a working relationship post-MvCI.

If nothing else, there's hope for a MvC Legacy Collection in the near future.

If so, then I hope that they go for the Arcade versions of

X-Men: Children of the Atom,
Marvel Super Heroes,
X-Men Vs. Street Fighter,
Marvel Super Heroes Vs. Street Fighter,
MvC1,

And the Xbox 360 versions of MvC2 & UMvC3.