• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
Posted in the other thread but figured it needed it's own....just shown off at E3...

Arcade1Up will release a new in-home arcade cabinet that uses the original arcade software for Atari Star Wars, and includes the iconic X-Wing pilot controller that gamers first experienced in the early '80s. The cabinet includes the original arcade versions of Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi.

Revealed at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) this morning, Arcade1Up is showing off the new machine for hands-on play in booth No. 623.

a1ustarwars-768x1024.jpg

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Vector graphics on a flat-panel LCD are gonna be no bueno, but this is definitely a cool collectible.

Folks were really convinced this time last year that Arcade 1Up wasn't doing so well, but their recent announcements definitely paint a different picture.

Omegasquash

Oct 31, 2017
"Under $500" is just an easy way of saying "$499.99."

I have no insight into their pricing model, but that's how it always plays out.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
This is pretty much what I'm thinking. I have 3 full size cabs and really am not fond of these smaller ones but damn this is good.

I buy all sorts of crap but managed to escape CABs (had a phase of looking for JAMMA boards but never pulled the trigger). But other than Daytona USA this is probably my ultimate arcade game.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
I buy all sorts of crap but managed to escape CABs (had a phase of looking for JAMMA boards but never pulled the trigger). But other than Daytona USA this is probably my ultimate arcade game.

I have two JPN cabs (one for vertical and one for horizontal shooters). The hori cab handles Neo Geo as well. I also have the "Class of 81" 20th Reunion Ms. Pac/Galaga/Pac from when that launched years back.

Not sure where I'd put this one.. hmm.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Oh god i dumped so much money int the landspeeder one

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I was always skeptical of these. Thought they were cool but the size and limited amount of games per cabinet turned me away. This on the other is convincing me otherwise and I might honestly get one.

Deleted member 11039

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I got a Galaga one on a whim because it was pretty cheap ($150) and have been really happy with it. It looks cool with the art on the sides and such (really wish it had a light up marquee though) and it plays better than I expected when sitting on a chair.

This SW one and the TMNT one really have me wanting to get another. (The X-men would be cool but I'm not a fan of the new Thanos art on the sides. What's up with that?)

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
I got a Galaga one on a whim because it was pretty cheap ($150) and have been really happy with it. It looks cool with the art on the sides and such (really wish it had a light up marquee) and it plays better than I expected when sitting on a chair.

This SW one And the TMNT one really have me wanting to get another. (The Xmen would be cool but I'm not a fan of the new Thanos art on the sides. What's up with that?)

I'm not a huge fan of Space Invaders but the art on the Space Invaders 1Up cabinet is gorgeous and I kinda want it as just an art piece of sorts.

space-invaders-34_600x.jpg

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
Still waiting on a Donkey Kong / Mario Bros. / Donkey Kong Jr. cabinet.

I'd love Popeye as well, but that's about as in the sky as pie in the sky gets.
Honestly, now it wouldn't surprise me if they actually released those.
After all Nintendo allowed Hamster to port all those arcade games (except Popeye) to the Switch.

Deleted member 11039

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not a huge fan of Space Invaders but the art on the Space Invaders 1Up cabinet is gorgeous and I kinda want it as just an art piece of sorts.

space-invaders-34_600x.jpg

Yeah that's really cool.

My non gaming wife even likes our Galaga one, but we do have it in a dedicated play room in our house. But she's commented serval times about how she likes how it looks and wanting it placed in the room where people will see it.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Return of the Jedi wasn't a vector game, was it? So they will pretty much have to use a traditional monitor.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
I was always skeptical of these. Thought they were cool but the size and limited amount of games per cabinet turned me away. This on the other is convincing me otherwise and I might honestly get one.

Yeah having spent thousands on cabs the quality is my concern, from a physical and playability standpoint.

SpotAnime

Dec 11, 2017
Still waiting on a Donkey Kong / Mario Bros. / Donkey Kong Jr. cabinet.

I'd love Popeye as well, but that's about as in the sky as pie in the sky gets.

That was how my original quest for an arcade cabinet started. I set up a Craigslist alert for Popeye cabs and ended up stumbling on an X-Men 4P cab converted to MAME.

This Star Wars cab is awesome. I have a fondness for ROTJ as well as the original vector Star Wars arcade. My wife would kill me if I brought this home but if the emulation quality is good, this might be worth it.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Oh crap the sit down version of the Star Wars cab was my favorite as a kid, so tempting.

edit: Damn that cocktail cab...fuuuuuck