Arcade Archives (Switch) |OT| Can't stop this Hamster wheel!

Oct 29, 2017
Did Namco confirm that? It would be a shame if they didn't. Namco Museum for Switch might have fewer games than their previous collections, but it has fantastic presentation, a snappy UI, and lots of sensible stretching and scanline options (such as a quick toggle to rescale 1:1). It's much more than I can say for Arcade Archives, which are very barebones, terribly slow to start (logo after logo, region select screen, user select screen), and barely serviceable stretching options (no proper 1:1 mode, have to manually rescale a number when portable vs docked).

Galaga 88 is SO GOOD. Especially its use of HD rumble. You can literally feel ships explode.
I need to get this. Just want to get it on sale. Don’t usually mind paying good money for games but I don’t want to drop the full price on this one since I already own so many of these games.

Nov 3, 2017
Have we gotten confirmation that Baseball Stars is Baseball Stars 2? It's listed at the top with the Neo Geo games, but seeing how the list includes both Neo Geo and non-Neo Geo SNK games, I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be the first Baseball Stars.
we already got the first BS. It's called Baseball Stars Professional. The NES got BS without the pro at the end of it but that's not what's coming. It's BS2.

Nov 2, 2017
I need to get this. Just want to get it on sale. Don’t usually mind paying good money for games but I don’t want to drop the full price on this one since I already own so many of these games.
They had it back at Christmas for like $20 at Best Buy, I think? It definitely gets discounts. That's when I bought it to throw it under the tree (and it remains unopened because I'm too gd busy to play it yet...).

May 3, 2018
I don't think that even exists
Not as a Neo Geo game. Like you said, the series debuted on Neo Geo as Baseball Stars Professional. But the original Baseball Stars was a NES game as well as a Playchoice-10 arcade cart. It's very unlikely Hamster will release this game bundled with a brand new, one-use only NES/Playchoice-10 emulator instead of Baseball Stars 2, but seeing how they're now digging into SNK's pre-NG library such as Ikari Warriors, it remains a very tiny very shitty possibility.

Nov 3, 2017
Not as a Neo Geo game. Like you said, the series debuted on Neo Geo as Baseball Stars Professional. But the original Baseball Stars was a NES game as well as a Playchoice-10 arcade cart. It's very unlikely Hamster will release this game bundled with a brand new, one-use only NES/Playchoice-10 emulator instead of Baseball Stars 2, but seeing how they're now digging into SNK's pre-NG library such as Ikari Warriors, it remains a very tiny very shitty possibility.
nah, it remains as a zero percent possibility. It wouldn't count as a full arcade game and thus they'd have no reason to release it. The video showcase labeled BS2 as a Neogeo game, so that's what it will be

Any news on more Taito games being released in this series?
Or is Square going to divide all their games in individual releases as with the Darius Cozmic Collection...or just not release them at all.

I just want to replace my 480i PS2 collections with fresh HD versions. And, man, I love Genkirindan. Oh, and including TATE mode would be a nice plus for us outside Japan.

Nov 3, 2017
Any news on more Taito games being released in this series?
Or is Square going to divide all their games in individual releases as with the Darius Cozmic Collection...or just not release them at all.

I just want to replace my 480i PS2 collections with fresh HD versions. And, man, I love Genkirindan. Oh, and including TATE mode would be a nice plus for us outside Japan.
Bubble Bobble and Ninja Warriors are leftover from PS4 so I wouldn’t be surprised if those eventually make it to Switch. DARIUS may be skipped due to the collection

Oct 31, 2017
Really want more Taito myself, Space invaders and space invaders extreme is shouting for a switch version.

I also want to see someone please do Mr.do. be it even the old conversion that was released by Nintendo.

Nov 20, 2017
Hamster is doing the Konami Arcade, Contra and Castlevania Collections!
I'll repost here what I said on the other thread:

YES! I just spotted this on the bottom of the official website: