• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Does those cracks show up when going to the Switch album? Sometimes if my cable isn't in right it gets messed up and the album's the first sign of letting me know.

dodob19

May 3, 2018
Does those cracks show up when going to the Switch album? Sometimes if my cable isn't in right it gets messed up and the album's the first sign of letting me know.
Can't say I've noticed any audio cracks in the Album. I use the Album a ton, as I love taking screenshots and capturing clips. I know Hamster has enabled vidcap in all ACA Switch titles post Magical Drop 3, but I wish Hamster would continue updating previously released titles with vidcap support, especially Samurai Shodown 1 and 2!

Taco_Human

Jan 6, 2018
MA
Anybody been grabbing any of the later Neo Geo titles? I know we have more than Neo Geo arcade games coming out now, the arcade archives and Johnny turbo arcades...

I think we just got King of the Monsters 2. Ive beenntrying to think of what other aca neo Geo game to grab. Not a big sports fan but I hear lots of good things about Neo Turf Masters.

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
I haven't grabbed a Neo Geo title since Mark of the Wolves (I think) but I grab the Nintendo arcade titles. For Neo Geo I'm really waiting for King of Fighters 2002, which is the best KOF after 98.

iamaustrian

Nov 27, 2017
Anybody been grabbing any of the later Neo Geo titles? I know we have more than Neo Geo arcade games coming out now, the arcade archives and Johnny turbo arcades...

I think we just got King of the Monsters 2. Ive beenntrying to think of what other aca neo Geo game to grab. Not a big sports fan but I hear lots of good things about Neo Turf Masters.

Neo Turf Master is good...really good. Highly recommended.
I will grab Breakers Revenge later that day.afair it came out last week. Its one of my fav neogeo fighters. Oldschool and pure fun

Taco_Human

Jan 6, 2018
MA
How about bet em ups? Which of the three Sengoku games is best? Those look very pretty, wonder how they compare to others that are available?

iamaustrian

Nov 27, 2017
How about bet em ups? Which of the three Sengoku games is best? Those look very pretty, wonder how they compare to others that are available?

I have a different opinion of the sengoku games than other reseteras. IMO the best is the second one as it retains the weird occultish atmosphere and fucked up enemy designes of the first one.

The third one looks "best"(animations etc) but I dislike the cartoonish style and I really think its repetitive thanks to the lack of enemy variety. I swear, I beat up that green zombie guy at least 300 times by the end of the game.

There are also Mutation Nation and Robo Army, both awesome beat em ups and lots of fun. Burning Fight is okayish for being a straight final fight rip off.

Grifter

Oct 26, 2017
I just loaded up Alpha Mission 2 with some buddies on 2 dual shocks via 2 Magic-NS, and there was noticeable lag in the controls. Has anyone had this issue?
Sengoku 1 and 2 were pretty clunky in feel for a BEU of its era, whereas 3 came much later from a team that was putting out mediocre fighters and had modern (for its time) fighter flourishes like juggling and special moves. It's good, definitely controls and plays the best of the 3, IMO. 1/2 are worth a visit for the setting and art.

dodob19

May 3, 2018
I like Sengoku 3 the least despite really liking the art and the combos. It's just way too repetitive and tedious 3 levels in. Sengoku 2 captures that late 80s early 90s arcade feel for me--cult, magic, wicked cool art, character switching mechanic.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
We should do an Arcade gaming hangout thread with highscore chasing and such.
It was super fun partecipating in one over at the NL forums... if I had the time I would do it myself

iamaustrian

Nov 27, 2017
We should do an Arcade gaming hangout thread with highscore chasing and such.
It was super fun partecipating in one over at the NL forums... if I had the time I would do it myself

Great Idea. I'm curious if there are other ppl as crappy as me in R-Type.
Jesus, I play through super r-type (snes) like a pro but the lateley released arcade r-type on switch kicks my ass.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
Great Idea. I'm curious if there are other ppl as crappy as me in R-Type.
Jesus, I play through super r-type (snes) like a pro but the lateley released arcade r-type on switch kicks my ass.

Hopefully someone will like the idea enough to make it a reality then, lol
Well for starters we could all add each other.
My FC is on my ERA profile page!

Yes, I do own R-Type Dimensions EX :P

Oct 31, 2017
Well i joined you all. Is there a way of requesting games from hamster?? Really want some taito goodness and few of the really nostalgia games for me is mr.do , mr.dos castle, crystal castles and marble madness. I used to spend my wages on those machines this fuelled my gaming addition! Who else has some nostalgic titles they would sell their granny for??

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
Well i joined you all. Is there a way of requesting games from hamster?? Really want some taito goodness and few of the really nostalgia games for me is mr.do , mr.dos castle, crystal castles and marble madness. I used to spend my wages on those machines this fuelled my gaming addition! Who else has some nostalgic titles they would sell their granny for??
Well, Marble Madness is a western game published by Atari and Hamster only ports Japanese games.
Taito games are possible, but there are still very few games from them in the Arcade Archives.

Oct 31, 2017
Anybody know if you can request from Hamster?? What about russian assault, or whatever it was called in west??

I think we seriously need some old school konami as well . Hyper sports??

Anybody know who i can contact about bringing marble madness to switch??

I know not hamster but EA need to cash in and do SSX burnout and all those last gen games bring them into hd and this will sell tons!

iamaustrian

Nov 27, 2017
Anybody know if you can request from Hamster?? What about russian assault, or whatever it was called in west??

I know not hamster but EA need to cash in and do SSX burnout and all those last gen games bring them into hd and this will sell tons!

Forget marble madness. I would pay 50$ for a Spindizzy World snes port

Oct 31, 2017
I think if enough of us request games given the user base now we could collectively force their hands with releases.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
Any idea what happened to Image Fight? I thought that was supposed to come out pretty soon, if not already.

Cthulhu_Steev

Oct 27, 2017

Rush n' Assault was called Green Beret in the UK

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
I always loved the Green Beret title better, even without taking into account nostalgia (GB was how you'd find the cabinet/rom named in Italian arcades too) , but it's considered not canon everywhere at this point, even the XBLA reboot was called Rush 'n Attack in every region.

In other news, still no fucking news of a deal between Hamster and Taito for licensing on Switch anything that is not a Neo-Geo title and well for Konami, at this point I've lost all hope. They won't get the license expanded from PS4-only to also including Switch/Xbox. Otherwise in the meantime Hamster would have released more TAITO/KONAMI ACAs on PS4 waiting to port them to the other platforms at a later date after working out a deal with those two, but the last TAITO release was a year ago. Seems clear they're firmly intentioned in only selling their own collection for high prices (TAITO) while of course Konami I guess will sit on their asses losing potential gold...

The amount of arcade goodness that Konami and especially TAITO have is astounding, filled with so many masterpieces that only something like the ACA series could have pushed out a satisfying number of releases, definitely not collections like those of Capcom's.

To say nothing of one my GOAT, the original
ACA WONDER BOY which I guess have a rights problem too since it was licensed from ESCAPE almost 5 years ago and only released on JPN PSN. Le sigh.

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
The next batch of Arcade Archives on Switch:

• The Ultimate 11: SNK Football Championship (SNK)
  • The King of Fighters 2003 (SNK)
  • Baseball Stars (SNK)
  • Samurai Shodown V Special (SNK)
  • Ikari Warriors (SNK)
  • Image Fight (Irem)
  • VS. Ice Climber (Nintendo)
  • Elevator Action (Taito)
  • Butasan (Jaleco)
  • Karate Champ (Data East)
  • Psycho Soldier (SNK)
  • ??? (a mystery Tecmo title was also teased)

I guess the Tecmo title could be Ninja Gaiden arcade?
Also Taito's Front Line released today on the eShop.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Image Fight finally!

And happy to see Taito onboard again for Switch. I need those Bubble Bubble and Darius games asap.

iamaustrian

Nov 27, 2017
That's a really solid lineup. Elevator Action in particular is timeless.

yes, it is. It's also a damn good sign that we get the original. It shows we might get the GOAT Elevator Action 2 at some time in the future.

Image Fight finally!

And happy to see Taito onboard again for Switch. I need those Bubble Bubble and Darius games asap.

The Darius Collection for switch will be released in 2 weeks in japan but for whatever reason "retail only" which fucking SUCKS (yes, caps and bold) and is potentially illegal because
1) 'Rest of the world'-switchers cannot enjoy the collection quick and easy (by just hoping on the japanese eshop and download the thing) but rather have to import the expensive retail card which will go up in price fast
2) Afaik I remember Nintendo themselves saying that every game has to be on eshop for download also

anyway. I already emailed Nintendo on the issue with Darius Collection being only available at retail. will report back.

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
yes, it is. It's also a damn good sign that we get the original. It shows we might get the GOAT Elevator Action 2 at some time in the future.

The Darius Collection for switch will be released in 2 weeks in japan but for whatever reason "retail only" which fucking SUCKS (yes, caps and bold) and is potentially illegal because
1) 'Rest of the world'-switchers cannot enjoy the collection quick and easy (by just hoping on the japanese eshop and download the thing) but rather have to import the expensive retail card which will go up in price fast
2) Afaik I remember Nintendo themselves saying that every game has to be on eshop for download also

anyway. I already emailed Nintendo on the issue with Darius Collection being only available at retail. will report back.
That's really scummy of Taito/Square Enix for not releasing digital.
But it's cool that you sent them an email. Please do keep us posted.

pixeldreams

Oct 27, 2017
Heck yes Elevator Action, I almost impulse bought it on PS4 the other day, but was holding out for a potential Switch release now that I have a Flip Grip. How long is it usually between announcement and release?

Oct 31, 2017
Yes we really need more Taito i want the game that started most of the arcade craze Space invsders! And its follow ups!

rawhide

Oct 28, 2017
Is Taito making an appearance a big thing? Does that increase the likelihood of other games appearing, or was that kind of already known once Puzzle Bobble hit?

It's more that Taito's been on PS4 ACA for years and people have been waiting for a long time for them to finally show up on Switch.

Konami's the other big company that hasn't yet made the jump.

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
I'm actually wondering who will port the Namco stuff on Switch. Namco isn't gonna make a Vol 2 to Museum on Switch, I think, so would they let Hamster port some stuff? I'm pretty curious

dodob19

May 3, 2018
I'm actually wondering who will port the Namco stuff on Switch. Namco isn't gonna make a Vol 2 to Museum on Switch, I think, so would they let Hamster port some stuff? I'm pretty curious
Did Namco confirm that? It would be a shame if they didn't. Namco Museum for Switch might have fewer games than their previous collections, but it has fantastic presentation, a snappy UI, and lots of sensible stretching and scanline options (such as a quick toggle to rescale 1:1). It's much more than I can say for Arcade Archives, which are very barebones, terribly slow to start (logo after logo, region select screen, user select screen), and barely serviceable stretching options (no proper 1:1 mode, have to manually rescale a number when portable vs docked).

Galaga 88 is SO GOOD. Especially its use of HD rumble. You can literally feel ships explode.

dodob19

May 3, 2018
The next batch of Arcade Archives on Switch:

• The Ultimate 11: SNK Football Championship (SNK)
  • The King of Fighters 2003 (SNK)
  • Baseball Stars (SNK)
  • Samurai Shodown V Special (SNK)
  • Ikari Warriors (SNK)
  • Image Fight (Irem)
  • VS. Ice Climber (Nintendo)
  • Elevator Action (Taito)
  • Butasan (Jaleco)
  • Karate Champ (Data East)
  • Psycho Soldier (SNK)
  • ??? (a mystery Tecmo title was also teased)

I guess the Tecmo title could be Ninja Gaiden arcade?
Also Taito's Front Line released today on the eShop.
Have we gotten confirmation that Baseball Stars is Baseball Stars 2? It's listed at the top with the Neo Geo games, but seeing how the list includes both Neo Geo and non-Neo Geo SNK games, I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be the first Baseball Stars.