• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
arcadearchivesswitchbo1ui2.png

Emily made her own OT of the NEO GEO games on Switch and other systems here, but this one will be centered on ALL Arcade Archives releases from Hamster on Switch specifically covering NEO GEO, Nintendo, and whatever else comes from them!

Help is always appreciated, don't be afraid to PM me if you have suggestions/ideas!

I've listed every game and also linked to all three major regional pages for each title as they are available!

availablenowbanner78s2g.jpg

NEO GEO

World Heroes Perfect NA/PAL/JP
Waku Waku 7 NA/PAL/JP
The King of Fighters '98 NA/PAL/JP
Shock Troopers NA/PAL/JP
NAM-1975 NA/PAL/JP
Metal Slug 3 NA/PAL/JP
The King of Fighters '94 NA/PAL/JP
Neo Turf Masters NA/PAL/JP
Metal Slug NA/PAL/JP
Alpha Mission II NA/PAL/JP
Samurai Shodown IV NA/PAL/JP
Fatal Fury NA/PAL/JP
Over Top NA/PAL/JP
Blazing Star NA/PAL/JP
Garou: Mark of the Wolves NA/PAL/JP
Galaxy Fight: Universal Warriors NA/PAL/JP
The King of Fighters '99 NA/PAL/JP
Last Resort NA/PAL/JP
Shock Troopers 2nd Squad NA/PAL/JP
Sengoku NA/PAL/JP
Fatal Fury 2 NA/PAL/JP
Magical Drop II NA/PAL/JP
Metal Slug 2 NA/PAL/JP
Fatal Fury Special NA/PAL/JP
Samurai Shodown NA/PAL/JP
Super Sidekicks NA/PAL/JP
Aero Fighters 2 NA/PAL/JP
The King of Fighters 2000 NA/PAL/JP
Magician Lord NA/PAL/JP
Puzzled NA/PAL/JP
Zed Blade NA/PAL/JP
Blue's Journey NA/PAL/JP
Spin Master NA/PAL/JP
Art of Fighting NA/PAL/JP
Burning Fight NA/PAL/JP
Metal Slug X NA/PAL/JP
The King of Fighters '95 NA/PAL/JP
Robo Army NA/PAL/JP
Mutation Nation NA/PAL/JP
Art of Fighting 3 NA/PAL/JP
Street Hoop NA/PAL/JP
Karnov's Revenge NA/PAL/JP
Soccer Brawl NA/PAL/JP
World Heroes NA/PAL/JP
Top Hunter Roddy & Cathy NA/PAL/JP
The Last Blade NA/PAL/JP
Pulstar NA/PAL/JP
The King of Fighters '96 NA/PAL/JP
King of the Monsters NA/PAL/JP
Art of Fighting 2 NA/PAL/JP
Power Spikes II NA/PAL/JP
World Heroes 2 NA/PAL/JP
Samurai Shodown II NA/PAL/JP
2020 Super Baseball NA/PAL/JP
Fatal Fury 3 NA/PAL/JP
Magical Drop III NA/PAL/JP
Sengoku 2 NA/PAL/JP
Real Bout Fatal Fury NA/PAL/JP
Aero Fighters 3 NA/PAL/JP
World Heroes 2 Jet NA/PAL/JP
Sengoku 3 NA/PAL/JP
Samurai Shodown III NA/PAL/JP
Gururin NA/PAL/JP
Real Bout Fatal Fury Special NA/PAL/JP
Ghost Pilots NA/PAL/JP
Stakes Winner NA/PAL/JP
Super Sidekicks 2 NA/PAL/JP
Baseball Stars Professional NA/PAL/JP
Top Player's Golf NA/PAL/JP
Ninja Combat NA/PAL/JP
Riding Hero NA/PAL/JP
Super Sidekicks 3: The Next Glory NA/PAL/JP
The Last Blade 2 NA/PAL/JP
Monkey Puzzle Exchanger NA/PAL/JP
Samurai Shodown V NA/PAL/JP
The Super Spy NA/PAL/JP
League Bowling NA/PAL/JP
The King of Fighters '97 NA/PAL/JP
Prehistoric Isle 2 NA/PAL/JP
Metal Slug 4 NA/PAL/JP
Real Bout Fatal Fury 2 NA/PAL/JP
Crossed Swords NA/PAL/JP
Football Frenzy NA/PAL/JP
Ninja Commando NA/PAL/JP
Aggressors of Dark Kombat NA/PAL/JP
Cyber-Lip NA/PAL/JP

= 86 games

Nintendo

Mario Bros. NA/PAL/JP
VS. Super Mario Bros. NA/PAL/JP
Punch-Out!! NA/PAL/JP
Donkey Kong NA/PAL/JP
Sky Skipper NA/PAL/JP
Excitebike NA/PAL/JP

= 6 games

Others

Traverse USA NA/PAL/JP
Double Dragon NA/PAL/JP
Kid Niki Radical Ninja NA/PAL/JP
Crazy Climber NA/PAL/JP
Heroic Episode NA/PAL/JP
Star Force NA/PAL/JP
Moon Patrol NA/PAL/JP
Ninja-Kid NA/PAL/JP
Terra Costa NA/PAL/JP
10-Yard Fight NA/PAL/JP
Ikki NA/PAL/JP
Renegade NA/PAL/JP
City Connection NA/PAL/JP
Omega Fighter NA/PAL/JP
Kid Horehore Daisakusen NA/PAL/JP
Argus NA/PAL/JP
Rygar NA/PAL/JP

= 17 games

comingsoonbannerl4sxo.jpg

NEO GEO

Puzzle Bobble/Bust-A-Move
Puzzle Bobble 2/Bust-A-Move Again

Nintendo

VS. Balloon Fight (TBA)
VS. Clu Clu Land (TBA)
VS. Ice Climber (TBA)
VS. Pinball (TBA)
VS. Urban Champion (TBA)
VS. Wrecking Crew (TBA)

Others

R-Type (TBA)
Front Line (TBA)
Youjuu-Den (TBA)

Last edited:

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
For now I think it is ok to put IREM and Taito instead of others, gives a better sense on what to expect for the future

OP
OP
Hero of Legend
Oct 26, 2017
For now I think it is ok to put IREM and Taito instead of others, gives a better sense on what to expect for the future

Are those the only others? I would think I should split them by arcade system maybe, hence why NEO GEO is it's own thing... I could just put IREM and Taito in their own sections.

HPH

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait for R-Type. Are they going to release the original Donkey Kong arcade version? That's a must have if it ever happens.

weblaus

Oct 27, 2017
It'll be interesting to see if Hamster will bring over the three dozen or so other non-Nintendo Arcade Archives they've put out on the PS4 so far, given that the most recent one (Traverse USA) is indeed available on both systems and Double Dragon is out as of yesterday as well (or apparently not so far, since I can't find it on the eShop yet).

Seems like an easy way to print money to me.

Last edited:

killersquirel

Oct 27, 2017
Did Hamster announce VS Wrecking Crew? That wasn't on their initial list when they announced their Nintendo deal.

M-PG71C

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, I've bought about 10 titles from them on the Switch. I'm sure I am going to buy more, Pulstar is very tempting right now lol

Oct 27, 2017
Hey, awesome, subscribed. I know that Vs. Super Mario Bros has been high on the eshop charts in both Japan and the USA, makes me hope that Nintendo will attempt to regain the rights to the arcade versions of some of their earlier games, stuff like Donkey Kong and Donkey Kong Jr.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait for R-Type. Are they going to release the original Donkey Kong arcade version? That's a must have if it ever happens.

I'd love for them to figure out the licensing issues behind it. Still insane that the only legit way to play it outside of a cab is in Donkey Kong 64

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Hoping the Double Dragon delay isn't too long... I MUCH prefer the Arcade Archives series to the NeoGeo ones since they are real arcade games, and I had tons of fun with Traverse and Mario Bros. Really hope Clu Clu Land or Ice Climbers launch not too far in the future, or maybe something from Konami like Gradius, Contra or Goemon

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Do these arcade archives allow you to mess with the settings and/or enable unlimited continues?

Oct 29, 2017
Do these arcade archives allow you to mess with the settings and/or enable unlimited continues?

Yes, they all have unlimited continues and let you change dipswitch settings.

Most of them have the option to switch between the Japanese and English versions too.

They also all have online leaderboards, button remapping, save states, suspend saves and two additional high score modes (A 1CC "High Score" mode and a 5 minute timed "Caravan Mode").

Single or dual Joy-con support is included in all games as well as Pro Controller support.

You can also rotate the display in all games too (even in non-Tate games); great for the games that originally used vertical displays!

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Yes, they all have unlimited continues and let you change dipswitch settings.

Most of them have the option to switch between the Japanese and English versions too.

They also all have online leaderboards, button remapping, save states, suspend saves and two additional high score modes (A 1CC "High Score" mode and a 5 minute timed "Caravan Mode").

Single or dual Joy-con support is included in all games as well as Pro Controller support.

You can also rotate the display in all games too (even in non-Tate games); great for the games that originally used vertical displays!

Good to know, I've been sitting on buying some of these since I've always been a sucker for arcade games especially shooters.

OP
OP
Hero of Legend
Oct 26, 2017
I do hope we see later games get added myself, such as The King of Fighters XI which came out on the Atomswave. Surprised we've not heard about The King of Fighters 2001, 2002, and 2003 which were the final NEO GEO entries.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I do hope we see later games get added myself, such as The King of Fighters XI which came out on the Atomswave. Surprised we've not heard about The King of Fighters 2001, 2002, and 2003 which were the final NEO GEO entries.

Ill not hold my breath on 2001 and 2002 thanks to K9999 being an straight rip off on Tetsuo from Akira

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Same. Very excited about R-Type too, but for the full experience I'm going to need a proper stick. Is this the one to go for?

hori_fight_stick_switch-640x341.jpg

Certainly, I use it all the time for these games and it's excellent. Only faults are that PC mode doesn't work with Macs, it can't work in handheld mode and the door likes to break off

Any opinion on Traverse USA? Never heard of this game before.
It's a really fun but simple hi-score chaser that plays a lot like Hang-on/spy racer but from an overhead perspective and without the shooting

JJAwiiu

Oct 27, 2017

Apparently Nintendo doesn't have rights to the original code and there were lawsuits etc so whatever company helped program the original doesn't want to play ball (if they still exist).

I'm curious about the version included in Donkey Kong 64. I heard that Rare had programmed that themselves. So is that perhaps a workaround? Or more importantly, do any high level Donkey Kong players have an opinion on the one included there? Maybe it plays subtly different enough to not be worthwhile for scoring competition.

mao2

Oct 28, 2017
Can't we have a Arcade Archives topic for all systems, not just Switch? They aren't exclusive (excluding the ones by Nintendo) and there are currently more titles available on PS4.

Linkhero1

Oct 25, 2017
Bay Area
They really need to put some of these on sale. I would probably bite on a couple if they were $5 each. Anyways, I really like what Hamster is doing. I hope they continue to find success in these titles.

HPH

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently Nintendo doesn't have rights to the original code and there were lawsuits etc so whatever company helped program the original doesn't want to play ball (if they still exist).

I'm curious about the version included in Donkey Kong 64. I heard that Rare had programmed that themselves. So is that perhaps a workaround? Or more importantly, do any high level Donkey Kong players have an opinion on the one included there? Maybe it plays subtly different enough to not be worthwhile for scoring competition.

Oh man there goes the dream.. Not familiar with the version in DK64, but I think there was something off with the NES version of Donkey Kong. So if the game ever comes to Switch, hopefully it's the closest version to the original arcade release.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hero of Legend
Oct 26, 2017
So I read this bit about KOF '98 having that bit in the intro removed where there's swearing but they removed most of that audio clip including the static? Have they added that back in since?

rocketpunch

Dec 19, 2017
My favorite releases so far are The Last Blade, Garou, and the Metal Slug series. Really happy to finally get to play the first two after hearing so much about them. I'd love a new 2D TLB.

weblaus

Oct 27, 2017
Is there any chance of physical compilations ? Like ever

I'd say pretty much zero, mostly because they'd be crazy to ruin their pricing scheme. Unless the compilations would have only 6 games for 40$ or something like that.

The days when you got 20-30 retro games for that price on one disc/cartridge are long gone, sadly.

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Is there any chance of physical compilations ? Like ever

Only game that got a physical release was DARIUS on PS4 and that was marked up by an insane amount compared to the digital version. It's unlikely these will be physical and if so they're likely to be wastes of plastic unless they make a compilation, which is also unlikely

Morfid_Plays

Self Requested Ban
Oct 27, 2017
Only game that got a physical release was DARIUS on PS4 and that was marked up by an insane amount compared to the digital version. It's unlikely these will be physical and if so they're likely to be wastes of plastic unless they make a compilation, which is also unlikely

I just want a metal slug anthology on a decent console for once

Surface of Me

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
King of the Monsters almost here!

I have Metal Slug 3 on my Xbox, what's the next best one to get on my Switch?

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
3 new titles from Irem are coming to Switch and PS4:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20..._youjuu-den_and_moon_patrol_heading_to_switch

Kid Niki, Youjuu-Den And Moon Patrol

Oh thank god, I was scared that since Crazy Climber missed the Switch eShop today despite being planned to launch that Hamster was giving up on the normal ACA stuff for Switch, or at least anything that came before the PS4 updates (Like DD and Crazy Climber which both launched before the Hi-Score Mode and Caravan stuff was a thing)

meppi64

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So glad Moon Patrol is coming to Switch.
Never thought I'd see the day even though I've been thinking about it for many months now. :D
Hope we get Burger Time as well.
And Terra Cresta, and Crush Roller, and Amidar, and Spartan-X, and Image Fight, and Kickle Cubicle, and...

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Are those the only others? I would think I should split them by arcade system maybe, hence why NEO GEO is it's own thing... I could just put IREM and Taito in their own sections.
So far it's IREM, Taito, Nichibutsu and Technos on Switch for 3rd party Arcade Archives. Technically also SNK, Sunsoft, Video System and Data East counting ACA NeoGeo.

3rd parties not yet there are Konami, Tecmo, Jaleco, Escape and UPL.

Sahasrahla

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kakariko
I just picked up Double Dragon and this game has massive slowdowns. With three enemies on the screen everything slows down to like 10 fps or something. It's horrible and nearly unplayable. Once I managed to kill two of them the framerate increased considerably. I can't believe I wasted 7 bucks on this port. Did the other ACA releases so far have any similar issues?

For now I strongly advice against picking up Double Dragon, it's no fun like this. Hope they patch this mess. Nintendo doesn't offer refunds, do they?

/edit Apparently that's just the way it was on the arcade. Well I'll just say, take it into account before buying..

Last edited: