• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
I just picked up Double Dragon and this game has massive slowdowns. With three enemies on the screen everything slows down to like 10 fps or something. It's horrible and nearly unplayable. Once I managed to kill two of them the framerate increased considerably. I can't believe I wasted 7 bucks on this port. Did the other ACA releases so far have any similar issues?

For now I strongly advice against picking up Double Dragon, it's no fun like this. Hope they patch this mess. Nintendo doesn't offer refunds, do they?

/edit Apparently that's just the way it was on the arcade. Well I'll just say, take it into account before buying..

Yeah, it's EXACTLY how the arcade version ran, which is to be expected. The slowdown is a bit annoying but for me not unbearable as you said, and it is still a fun game overall.

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
I love that the original R-Type Arcade was brought to the West by Nintendo. The official cabs were the same design as the Donkey Kong & Mario Bros cabs.

flyer-arcade-02.jpg

I wonder if on the Hamster Switch release whether the Nintendo name is present when you put the game in US mode.

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
I love that the original R-Type Arcade was brought to the West by Nintendo. The official cabs were the same design as the Donkey Kong & Mario Bros cabs.

flyer-arcade-02.jpg

I wonder if on the Hamster Switch release whether the Nintendo name is present when you put the game in US mode.

That would be kinda neat, even though I prefer the Japanese promotional material.

e5BJD46.jpg

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
Last edited:
OP
OP
Hero of Legend
Oct 26, 2017
World Heroes 2 and Kid Niki are up in NA tomorrow. Is Crazy Climber out? I read it was supposed to be on Jan 11th, but there's no sign of it on Nintendo's NA site. Is it in Japan only?

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
Poor ZeroDiv is now the only Retro-focused pub for Switch without a thread... maybe you could make a little "others" section.

They're the same price as ACAs.
And Gunbird, Strikers 1945 1 and 2, Gunbarich... they're all amazing.

iamaustrian

Nov 27, 2017
Poor ZeroDiv is now the only Retro-focused pub for Switch without a thread... maybe you could make a little "others" section.

They're the same price as ACAs.
And Gunbird, Strikers 1945 1 and 2, Gunbarich... they're all amazing.

just a sidenote: nintendo.at told me that Zero Gunner 2 will be released today in europe (and probably US?). it's out in japan since 2 weeks or so.
pretty good shmup by Psikyo with "unique" controls. runs on dreamcast hardware afair

preta

Oct 25, 2017
just a sidenote: nintendo.at told me that Zero Gunner 2 will be released today in europe (and probably US?). it's out in japan since 2 weeks or so.
pretty good shmup by Psikyo with "unique" controls. runs on dreamcast hardware afair
Do keep in mind that this is technically Zero Gunner 2-. It's not the same game, but a new version with certain parts of the game remade from scratch due to original resources being lost. Apparently it also changes some core mechanics, from what I've heard.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
iamaustrian yeah the game (with Strikers 1945 II) has been on the upcoming releases page of the eShop for a few days already.

Do keep in mind that this is technically Zero Gunner 2-. It's not the same game, but a new version with certain parts of the game remade from scratch due to original resources being lost. Apparently it also changes some core mechanics, from what I've heard.

Yep. I'm about to bite I just hope they've at least fixed the invisible bullets bug of the JPN version. I got the Dreamcast copy and even tho I've always preferred the similar Under Defeat from G.Rev the game is rad and as far as Naomi shmups go it's a looker. The mech transformations are awesome

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
Btw, let's share friend codes to chase scores and such!
Should go in the OP imo :)

DashKappei
SW-

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
I did a search and this is the only thread where I saw people talking about the Psikyo games. My apologies if this is a bit off-topic.
I bought Zero Gunner 2 and Strikers 1945 II yesterday. Great games, I'm having a lot of fun with them. I had never heard about Psikyo up until a few months ago but discovering these games on the Switch has been fantastic. And it's the perfect system for horizontal shooters, lol.

One question: I've beaten Zero Gunner 2 three times already (with each ship) but I can't seem to be able to access the second loop, even though I was playing on normal and arcade difficulty. I gave myself more lives in the options, does that disable the second loop?

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
I did a search and this is the only thread where I saw people talking about the Psikyo games. My apologies if this is a bit off-topic.
I bought Zero Gunner 2 and Strikers 1945 II yesterday. Great games, I'm having a lot of fun with them. I had never heard about Psikyo up until a few months ago but discovering these games on the Switch has been fantastic. And it's the perfect system for horizontal shooters, lol.

One question: I've beaten Zero Gunner 2 three times already (with each ship) but I can't seem to be able to access the second loop, even though I was playing on normal and arcade difficulty. I gave myself more lives in the options, does that disable the second loop?

You need to play at Arcade difficulty and do it with the default settings.

SJPN

Oct 27, 2017
Can't we have a Arcade Archives topic for all systems, not just Switch? They aren't exclusive (excluding the ones by Nintendo) and there are currently more titles available on PS4.

Yeah, makes sense. There is a lot of cross over between the games available on PS4/XBO/SW, but Hamster are weird in the order they release games.

If you didn't know already, the Hamster Arcade Archives site lists all their arcade and Neo Geo games available on each format in each region.

http://www.hamster.co.jp/american_hamster/arcadearchives/switch/index.htm

I'm still waiting for the PS4 to get the Western release of Thundercross. Japan got it ages ago.

iamaustrian

Nov 27, 2017
Samurai Shodown II is up and Crazy Climber is supposedly finally out next week.

oh baby. one of my fav samurai shodowns.
perfect timing as well as we are completely snowed in and I can't do any work at all.

side note: I might be the only one but I thing Hamsters impressive success on switch deserves it's own thread (which I can't post).
I mean they sold over a million neogeo games on switch so far which seems (to me) a hell of a lot. see post No 68 above

OP
OP
Hero of Legend
Oct 26, 2017
oh baby. one of my fav samurai shodowns.
perfect timing as well as we are completely snowed in and I can't do any work at all.

side note: I might be the only one but I thing Hamsters impressive success on switch deserves it's own thread (which I can't post).
I mean they sold over a million neogeo games on switch so far which seems (to me) a hell of a lot. see post No 68 above

There already is a thread! :)

https://www.resetera.com/threads/sales-for-aca-neogeo-games-on-switch-exceed-one-million.18769/

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Surprised this took to almost Jan to get made, this was a pretty popular thread at the old country, guess some of the mainstays in that thread didn't make the transition

OP
OP
Hero of Legend
Oct 26, 2017
2020 Super Baseball and Crazy Climber are official for tomorrow in at least NA, and Fatal Fury 3 is due next week on the 15th at least in Japan! :D

iamaustrian

Nov 27, 2017
Super Baseball is a surprisingly fun game.
dunno about FF3 though. How is it compared to the best fatal furies (FF Special etc?)

Tsukinopio

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
$7.99 for Crazy Climber is a huge ripoff. That game is older than Pac-Man! I would give an arm and a leg for Neo Bomberman.

iamaustrian

Nov 27, 2017
Ob Baby!
Sengoku 2 (the best in the series IMO....I know many see it differently) and freaking Magical Drop 3 at ACA NeoGeo next week!
also: Samurai Aces/Sengoku Ace (Psikyo shmup)
plus Gunbird is back on the US eshop

Sengoku 2:
exWhvd0.png

Magical Drop3:
nRhzMnu.jpg

Samurai Aces:
OXqyart.jpg

7.99 for Crazy Climber is a huge ripoff. That game is older than Pac-Man! I would give an arm and a leg for Neo Bomberman.

There is no chance in hell Konami would allow Neo Bomberman to appear on ACA with Super Bomberman R being out on switch.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't need Magical Drop 3, I don't need Magical Drop 3, I don't need Magical Drop 3, I don't need Magical Drop 3,

OP
OP
Hero of Legend
Oct 26, 2017
All pages for Magical Drop 3 and Heroic Episode are up, as well as the JP page for Koei Tecmo's Star Force.

SJPN

Oct 27, 2017
Next week is the one year anniversary of the Switch launching. Hamster have managed to release one ACA game each and every week. God bless them for their dedication.

iamaustrian

Nov 27, 2017
Magical Drop 3 is really good. every puzzle fan should grab it.
plus it contains jiggle#unnecessary comment

1zfV61G.jpg