• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
MeYQZet.jpg

The Sandbox Fighting game returns! After a successful crowdfunding campaign by EXAMU the Arcade only Arcana Heart 3 Love Max Six Stars game has now been ported to Steam and with new content as well! At launch Six Stars character Minori and her Ichor Arcana of Blood from the Arcade original are available. In the upcoming months the crowdfunded additions of Shark Girl and Dark Heart alongside of Paracelsia who is now returning as The Arcana of Life will be added alongside of balance changes that change things for the entire cast!

***NOTE: Since this is a new game much of this guide's specific links to movesets may be outdated since it links back to Wiki Mizuumi guides on characters and combos from previous iterations of the game as far back as the original AH3. However, even if the combos and frame data have changed I am leaving these links in place until new guides for this version are made since they serve as amazing jumping off points to guide you in the usage of the cast. New combos will be possible thanks to the balance changes and new Arcana being added. That said do check out the links because the details they provide on the very diverse and unique toolsets spread across the cast and arcana are very very useful even if some frames and combos have changed with this expansion***

DISCORD GROUP LINK FOR ARCANA PLAYERS! Lots of great players with tons of knowledge here. Great place to go for matches and info.

Now available on STEAM
Genre: 2D Fighting
Publisher: Aksys Games
Developer: EXAMU Inc. / ARC SYSTEM WORKS CO.,LTD.
Jn41XIR.jpg

If you are a fan of the fighting game genre then odds on you'd be surprised to find out just what sort of elaborate goodies are scattered behind this particular game's "Waifu" aesthetic. Some of the things it contains are.
  • Homing dashes, air dashes, dash cancels, super jumps and jump cancels which pretty well gives the whole roster potential for creating elaborate combos
  • The ability to equip nearly an entire character's worth of passive abilities, specials, supers and ultras onto any moveset by equipping "Arcanas"
  • MVC3 like X factor tool that has a different bonus depending on which Arcana you equipped that can be used multiple times in a match yielding such things as Colossus style Hyper Armor, Iceman's Immunity to chip damage, or even the ability to poison your opponent with normal attacks.
  • Movesets that have unique tools and features specific to them reminescent to things like Jojo's Bizarre Adventure style stands, Hurricane Polymar style symbol stocks usable for cancels, and even more Unique things for example.
In fact, at this point newer titles like Marvel vs Capcom Infnite seem to be using ideas like equipable Stones that have unique moves and Infinity storms. That right there is essentially a watered down arcana with less options given that Arcana give you entire lists of new moves when equipped...not just one. Heck, Extend Force is like X-factor plus Infinity Storm all in one. Each is different depending on the Arcana and each Arcana's extend force grants quite unique lists of abilities and options to the player. Plus Dragonball Fighter Z is using homing dashes as part of its system now. In essence, ASW and Capcom seem to be finding merit in some of the ideas in Arcana Heart. Doesn't that make you curious as to why? Its really worth the time to check it out and see for yourself just how far those tools have been taken before by Arcana Heart. The things you'll find possible with homing dashes and Arcana alone are mindblowing. Its no wonder other folks have begun to try out some of these concepts in their own manner.
Sesg0Pg.jpg

Simple...the game itself and past OT's haven't really focused on the game's deep toolset so much as its aesthetic. Even in game its not readily apparent what the equippable "Arcana" do entirely nor just what sort of systems exist in the game that allow you to perform such ridiculously sandbox style custom combos and mixups on every character ...which is why I'm doing this OT.

This OT will break down just what systems are in place in this game, how to use them, and utilize the community written wiki on the game and other various resources to give players a quick one stop way to go into this game with the knowledge of how to fully utilize its roster, arcana and various tools.

0qhVw4x.jpg

445sXqE.png

NOTATION
A - Weak attack
B - Medium attack
C - Strong attack
D- HOMING
E - Arcana attack

(in General combos go ABCE like a magic series in this game and launcher followups or cancels extend this greatly. Simply do homing after a launcher and homing cancel to followup for a launcher combo)

OTHER INPUTS
AD=throw. There are air throws as well.
ABC= EXTEND FORCE (basically xfactor. Increases Atk/Speed only and then additional effects depend on your arcana. Works as a cancel)
C+E= ARCANA BURST! Costs 100% force gauge
0WDEFqL.jpg
and blows opponents away. This is like bursting in other ASW games. Its your combo breaker tool.
+ABC= ARCANA BLAZE! Only doable during Extend Force. Uses your equipped Arcana's stronges move

Neutral E= Typically this is an attack that sends opponents into the wall
Step = or
Air Dash= or (in air)
High Jump= or or - Then - or or
Double Jump=? then either or or in air

HOMING

Your D button is for Homing. Homing allows you to fly towards your opponent at high speeds.This is what makes Arcana Heart so unique to itself.

If you press D once you will automatically fly towards your opponent at a set speed. Pressing D again while moving towards you opponent will increase the speed that you move towards them, and allows you to change your trajectory if used with the control stick. If you do this from super jump height you can move left and right repeatedly towards a grounded opponent to setup a super ambiguous crossup attempt!

In fact, here is a fantastic video guide on how to utilize the homing ability for both offensive and defensive uses by youtuber Bill307fighting.

On the ground, if you hold +D, you will get a ground dash, you cannot speed this up. On the ground or in the air, you can use +D to move back a bit before moving towards the opponent, the "back dash" portion has a little bit of invincibility. On the ground you will move back a bit then dash on the ground like +D. If you touch the opponent after homing, there will be a brief period of time before you can do anything, so be careful. You can guard though and use these inputs for guard dashing.

Homing Cancel

By using your homing button, D, you can cancel most Normals, Arcana Moves, Specials and some Supers/Arcana Supers into homing. This will consume 1 bar from the Arcana Gauge.
12T0gDu.jpg

Whenever you homing cancel in a combo, the untech prorate will decrease, giving less time to make valid combos and more time for the opponent to tech out.

***IMPORTANT : This game has many air unblockable moves. You can't go to the well too often with homing. You have to be smart. Additionally there

OGUW8p0.jpg

CLASHES
In Arcana Heart there are moves that clash. Basically when two attacks hit at the same time or a move specifically designated as having "Clash properties" hit at the same time the moves clash and you can immediately cancel into any attack or directional movement.

Clashes are VERY important in this game and there are a lot of moves with clash properties so quite often the best way to deal with offense is to use offense vs it.

A typical AA is to use a clash property move on the ground then mash A.

ALSO after clashing with an opponent, you can choose to not "clash battle" with the opponent and guard. If you quickly guard you will not receive a hit from your opponent should they immediately cancel into another physical attack. You can also cancel into highjump after a clash for a highjump guard. This is like a high-chickenblock.

IMPORTANT: Some moves are completely UNCLASHABLE. This means you can't always mash attacks and hope to land yourself into a favorable scenario...you might get bopped.

CANCELS

In this game there are multiple ways to cancel out of one action into another to press your offense. You can:
  • Extend Force Cancel with A+B+C,
  • some moves can be jump canceled or step canceled
  • Homing Cancel (costs 1 arcana bar done by pressing D after almost any attack)
  • GUARD Cancel (costs 1 arcana bar done by pressing a direction+D after blocking)
TECHING
  • Press A/B/C in the air to air-tech
  • Hold D as you hit a wall to wall-tech
  • Hold D as you hit the ground to ground-tech

IMPORTANT: Sometimes you DONT want to tech in this game. Basically you face a game with air throws, and some moves that are completely AIR UNBLOCKABLE. Sometimes its best not to walk into a reset and just refuse to tech and let the combo run its course. Teching everything can lead to folks baiting you to tech just so they can air throw or air unblockable you into a nice reset and bigger damage.

U8hbnbC.jpg

In Arcana Heart you get a sandbox sort of thing in the form of Arcanas. They work like this.

• Take any character and equip an arcana to them at the start of the match
  • Suddenly have additional passive abilities, specials, supers, a different extend force and a new Arcana Blaze attack

This is balanced by power and defense modifiers represented by 1 to 5 stars that do this.
    • Defense will only change your health positively (+).
    • Power will only change your opponents health negatively (-).

The exact amounts of these modifiers can be found Here
***************************and now finally a brief rundown of every Arcana with the exception of Minori's new Arcana "ICHOR" and the upcoming Paracelsia Arcana "LIFE" since hard details on these are things I haven't compiled into flashcard format yet. As guides are made I will try to update this for your own convenience. Click each image to link to the official wiki page for a full ability to ability breakdown.Some Arcana names are different depending on region so all naming variants are listed for your convenience***********************

***NOTE: Sin may give you a bonus or penalty on damage in extend force. This game has a "Guts Modifier" that varies per character. Essentially at a certain percent of health you start taking less and less damage. However, the max amount of guts and starting guts modifiers vary and some start negative. You can find the breakdown of GUTS MODIFIERS HERE to calculate who should use SIN ARCANA. ******

ovNiE1l.jpg

Akane Inuwaka
Angelia Avallone
Catherine_Kyohbashi
Clarice_Di_Lanza
Dorothy_Albright
Eko
Elsa_La_Conti
Fiona_Mayfield
Heart_Aino
Kamui_Tokinomiya
Kira_Daidohji
Konoha
Lieselotte_Achenbach
Lilica_Felchenerow
Maori_Kasuga
Mei-Fang
Nazuna_Inuwaka
Petra_Johanna_Lagerkvist
Saki_Tsuzura
Scharlachrot
Weiss
Yoriko_Yasuzumi
Zenia_Valov

Enjoy this sandbox customizable, cancel filled fiesta of a fighting game folks. Heres a few preview images of things found in this series to give you a taste of what zoning, fantastic oki (them kunai can be shot into the air at will), and pressure look like.

iYqzEz0.gif
vB4ZrHw.gif
gSPCj4v.gif

And here is a fun little teaser posted about some things now only possible in this Six Stars version thanks to the character balance changes being made by EXAMU!

Last edited:
OP
OP

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
I'm working on getting us a flash card for the new Ichor Arcana of Blood from the japanese guide setup.

You get the gist of how The Blood Arcana works from this using google translate
Basic gist is Blood Arcana has an Anti Air attack thats good, a speed boost (possibly something relating to hitstun? Translation is iffy) and gauge recovery.
The passives seem to be that using Blood Arcana your arcana gauge will auto recover, be gained faster using specials, and that by doing attacks or blocking your attack power gradually goes up and you gain increased chip based on that power level. Extend force decreases your attack power but increases defense and greatly increases Arcana Gauge recovery.

Now I dont have a clean translation yet but that essentially means that you are meant to be aggressive using this arcana to increase your power. Whether that means chip tactics or just goin ham is up to you. The gauge boosting is a big thing and extend force seems mainly that you sacrifice your buffs to damage to essentially extend your health meter artificially for a short period by taking less damage. The payoff though is that by making that sacrifice you get meter FAST so its a good extend force that'll let you hold on long enough to go for some nice stuff that costs gauge off of any confirm.

This would be a great Arcana for aggressive characters with easy to confirm supers like Lilica IMO. If its someone who lacks good AA its especially a good fit as the Ichor Arcana has some great AA specials and supers with those giant blood waves it has you fire off.

Last edited:

Negator

Oct 25, 2017
Played some ranked matches. I am definitely awful so getting the wins I do is super satisfying.

Also damn the game looks awful in windowed mode unless you play at a specific resolution.

アラナエ

Oct 25, 2017
I'm working on getting us a flash card for the new Ichor Arcana of Blood from the japanese guide setup.

You get the gist of how The Blood Arcana works from this using google translate
Basic gist is Blood Arcana has an Anti Air attack thats good, a speed boost (possibly something relating to hitstun? Translation is iffy) and gauge recovery.
The passives seem to be that using Blood Arcana your arcana gauge will auto recover, be gained faster using specials, and that by doing attacks or blocking your attack power gradually goes up and you gain increased chip based on that power level. Extend force decreases your attack power but increases defense and greatly increases Arcana Gauge recovery.

Now I dont have a clean translation yet but that essentially means that you are meant to be aggressive using this arcana to increase your power. Whether that means chip tactics or just goin ham is up to you. The gauge boosting is a big thing and extend force seems mainly that you sacrifice your buffs to damage to essentially extend your health meter artificially for a short period by taking less damage. The payoff though is that by making that sacrifice you get meter FAST so its a good extend force that'll let you hold on long enough to go for some nice stuff that costs gauge off of any confirm.

This would be a great Arcana for aggressive characters with easy to confirm supers like Lilica IMO. If its someone who lacks good AA its especially a good fit as the Ichor Arcana has some great AA specials and supers with those giant blood waves it has you fire off.

A lot of the attack names use ancient greek which I'm not familiar with so I did my best with google searches to try and figure those out, with differing amounts of succes.

Passive effects
Πάσχα (Pascha): when arcana gauge is refilling, a slight bit of hp gets refilled as well.
idk: When using special moves your arcana bar increase more than usual
σφυγμός (Sphugmós): when using E and 2E attacks the damage is increased and will now do chip damage if blocked.

when in EF mode:
Phanigiri: the refill speed of the arcana gauge and your defense are increased, however your attack damage is decreased

Special moves:
Kima: throws blood like objects and the floor which generate shockwaves. the activation time is rather slow but if you for instance arcana cancel it you can use it for pressure.
Ema: blood like objects follow you. increases speed for an amount of time

Super special moves:
Kima[something]: upgraded version of kima. the shockwaves now activate multiple times. the activation time is indeed high, but it does a lot of chip damage.
Αποκριές (Apokries): When arcana gauge is used, it automatically refills some gauge.

Arcana eclipse:
[something] menos: a lot of shockwaves basically

Arcana blaze:
Θεοφάνια (Theophany): adds one gauge to your arcana gauge. (does no damage, activation and recovery time are short). Is useful for for characters that are dependant on meter as they can use it right away at round start.

Last edited:

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Good stuff with the OT.

AH is a fantastic series and and it a shame how many people write it off because of its artstyle when it is one of the most fun fighting game series on the market.

All that "I want to be creative, I want players to stand out with their playstyle" you always hear. Arcana Hearts has that

Retro!

Oct 25, 2017
Might want to edit some of the directionals with numpad notation or something. I'm guessing you copied information from another source with image macros for directional inputs and they're just showing up as question marks on here

OP
OP

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Might want to edit some of the directionals with numpad notation or something. I'm guessing you copied information from another source with image macros for directional inputs and they're just showing up as question marks on here
Thanks for the heads up. Copied and edited my OG ah3lm thread from the other site and missed some formatting. Ill see iff i cant fix this up when i get home soon.
EDIT: Fixed the inputs. Thanks for that heads up.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Six Stars had an update giving a preview of Shark Girl sprite work for standing and sitting poses. Can't wait to try this character when she hits.
yAuXEKI.jpg

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I missed that thread!
I finally gave a chance to the series with the Six Stars Love plus or whatever the latest version is called, and I'm really amazed by the amount of great, innovative ideas this series has. Yes, it has uncomfortable amount of pedobait, but the mechanics and engine are the most innovative in a long, long time. I regret snubbing it for so long, and any fighting game fan should be required to give the series a chance, at least for the sake of studying its mechanics.
Homing dashes are fantastic. They makes moving the character around really fun; I think the last game where I had so much fun simply moving around the screen was Savior 1. If they are as good in DBF, I'll be all over that game.
Arcanas are great but a major headache when starting the series so late. I understand the simplification of the system in MvCI, but then it's a little too simple and stilted there... I wish they let the door open to have the system evolve more like Arcana Heart's in the long run instead of tying it to the infinity stones.
Arcanas make learning a new character less daunting (since you can keep the Arcana you're familiar with, at least at the beginning) and that's a really interesting half-step. Unfortunately, it's only beneficial if you've done the effort of learning at least one character+arcana...

Examu already made the best Samurai Spirits game, and after playing AH now I want them to make Capcom vs Capcom with AH's system and MvCI and 3's assets.

Such an under-appreciated developer and series.

OP
OP

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah AH is a fun series with a unique mechanics, it always makes me happy when someone discovers it. Examu really doesn't get the love they deserve.
Very true. The sheer amount of crazy flurries and exchanges in Arcana Heart is always a joy and none of it feels random with how many ways you can bait stuff and perform setups. Fastest and most unique footsies ever. I love it. Hell I love pretty much all the fighters they've made. The Nitroplus Blasterz game had some amazing stuff possible with the shield mechanics and the ability to instant short hop. You could perfect guard, you could bait perfect guard to high low someone, you could call 2 assists at the same time while in a buffed state that gave you new move properties and combo options...it was just a fast paced joy. EXAMU knows how to make some super aggressive gameplay with a lot of depth. To date though I still feel Arcana Heart is their magnum opus series that they dump the most unique concepts into. The movesets available in the base roster and tools available across the arcana spectrum to them all is just incredible.

OP
OP

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Okay I asked the discord folks how this happened. Extend force + Metal Arcana for all the damage possible and its being done on counter hit. I'd never seen Eko's lvl 3 either because its a charge move like Guile's flash kick and apparently it has a RIDICULOUS amount of startup time on how long you have to charge the down input. Its about 5 seconds and it has no invulnerability frames on startup so folks didn't even manage to pull it out while held in block strings. Man if it got some invulnerability in these patches it'd be a meta changer...
Crazy stuff but this is why I love this game. The amount of stuff possible never seems to end. Had no clue there was any move in the game that could given the right conditions KO in a shot like that.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Check your emails folks. Backer kit rewards for the digital artbook and soundtrack just went out this morning. Plus they state that Link animations for Minori are done and updated into the game on steam and that by end of march the physical rewards will start goin out. Also the ending has been changed, has a larger font AND has backer names in it! Go check it out folks.

OP
OP

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Have some fun sprites folks. Found this on twitter posted by noob316
Vw5xFc8.jpg

OP
OP

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
UPDATE ON SHARKGIRL
Update on the DLC character Shark Girl for Arcana Heart 3 Love Max Six Stars.
She has a name now, "Pistrix" and they got some animation stuff done. Very Skullgirls with all the morphing. Plus the aspect ratio is FINALLY going to 16:9

examu said:
Hello everyone, we have a couple of announcements.

Shark Girl in the Works
lMLmI5L.gif

Shark Girl is steadily taking form; her ABC attack motions are finally complete!

The B attack is inspired by the crown-of-thorns starfish and the C attack is inspired by the goblin shark. Especially for her C attack, we made it special by having it bite and then pull the opponent towards her.

※The sprites are not colored yet because it is still under development. The attack motions and effects are a rough draft and is under development.

Shark Girl's Official Name has Been Decided!
SYL9Md1.jpg

Shark Girl finally has an official name!

Her name is "Pistrix".

Her nickname is "Peace".

We will continue to update you on Peace-chan's progress, but stay tuned for Dark Heart's progress updates as well!

β ver. Download & BBS Development
We are also working on the β ver. download and BBS development.

Changing the aspect ratio to 16:9

vJ8VU0d.png

The aspect ratio for Arcana Heart has always been 6:3, however we have decided to change our aspect ratio to 16:9, the common ratio for current 2D arcade fighting games.

uGdljka.png

We are thinking of rolling out the 16:9 aspect ratio in the β ver. first, and then implement it into the BBS after listening to everyone's feedback.

Apology for the Shipping Delay
We were planning to ship out the rewards by the end of March. However we had a problem arise with the install program on the physical version of the game, resulting in the delay of disk manufacturing and thus the delay in shipping.

As of now, we are still in the process of manufacturing the disks. We will post an update once we have further details of when we will be able to ship out the rewards.

We deeply apologize for the delay in rewards shipments.

We will do our best to provide everyone with the best possible quality of rewards and, of course, Arcana Heart 3 LOVE MAX !!!!!! Thank you all for your support and patience.

Last edited:

Deleted member 18857

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
16:9 ?!
That's a very welcome news on paper, but isn't it going to bring some major change to the balance ?
At the very least, it will make zoning much stronger... I wonder how they will address that.
Or maybe it's just a matter of changing the arcana on your rushdown character.

OP
OP

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
16:9 ?!
That's a very welcome news on paper, but isn't it going to bring some major change to the balance ?
At the very least, it will make zoning much stronger... I wonder how they will address that.
Or maybe it's just a matter of changing the arcana on your rushdown character.
No clue. I remember that removing side bars and stuff in older games on ports changed stage stuff and balance before. My guess is that tweaks will be made to homing dash speeds and general mobility to compensate. The kickstarter hit stretch goals for balance changes so its all fair game for EXAMU to adjust wherever they see fit from here on out to compensate for what they do to this. It'll definitely impact ANIMEVO play if its out by then.

OP
OP

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Just a reminder but today (4-15-18) at 4pm est Michigan Masters is streaming their Arcana Heart Six Stars tournament. They've had a good tournament for anime fighters this weekend with Melty Blood, Chaos Code, Golden Fantasia and Nitro Plus already so its got a lot of the crowd that play Arcana Heart there ready to throw down.

Tune in or enjoy the archive if you got to this post too late.

https://www.stream.me/abake

OP
OP

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Six Stars Update.

Arcana Heart Six Stars update now with video footage of the new Arcana of Life , the ex boss character so infamous she tops out near the top of all hardest boss lists, Paracelsia! (yes she is considered far harder than SNK boss syndrome. Utter bullshit and now an arcana)

When equipped you can for short periods control Paracelsia during Extend Force (think xfactor)

Team Arcana said:
Dear Backers,

We have finally solved our DVD problem that was holding up rewards shipping and have a target set to begin delivery at the end of June.

We are sorry for the both the shipping delay and for the lack of an update concerning the delay. We understand the trouble it has caused and give our deepest apologies.

All the rewards are ready and preparations are under way for their safe delivery to you. We cannot thank you enough for your continued support and patience.

16:9 Mode & β Version Release
As stated in our last update, the battle screen will be only use the existing 16:9 aspect ratio from "Arcana Heart 3 LOVEMAX SIXSTARS!!!!!!" for the first β version.

For those of you who received a Steam key as a Kickstarter reward, you will see the "Arcana Heart 3 LOVEMAX SIXSTARS!!!!!! Crowdfunding Edition" appear in your Steam library within the coming days. Please give it a download and have fun playing in 16:9 mode!

Please understand that this β version will be an upload test. Further updates will include the new playable character, Pistrix and new Arcana, Paracelsia.

Dev BBS
The Dev BBS will open with the first β version update after the original launch. We are still getting it ready, but are looking forward to your input!

We are planning to have the Dev BBS on Discord.

Paracelsia the Arcana of Life
With the past focus on Pistrix, we haven't spent much time on the new Arcana, Paracelsia, so we would like to show a new video with her in action.

With Extend Force, Paracelsia becomes a playable character with which you can use to attack your opponent. We know many a player had many a trial facing Paracelsia, but this time she is on your side to help you dish out the punishment.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Six Stars Update.

Arcana Heart Six Stars update now with video footage of the new Arcana of Life , the ex boss character so infamous she tops out near the top of all hardest boss lists, Paracelsia! (yes she is considered far harder than SNK boss syndrome. Utter bullshit and now an arcana)

When equipped you can for short periods control Paracelsia during Extend Force (think xfactor)

Saw the update. I like the idea of controlling Paracelsia for a bit,, it makes it more than just a super you fire off.

On a related not I tried beating Paracelsia as a boss the other, and quickly realized I needed to set aside some more time to do that. :P

OP
OP

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Arcana Heart 3 Love Max Six Stars update:
backer email said:
Posted by EXAMU Inc. (Creator)
*日本語はページ下部にあります。

Dear Backers,

Rewards were previously scheduled to go out at the end of June, however a problem with the barcoding of items has arisen which will delay shipping. We are already taking care of the problem and are now looking to begin shipping in mid-August for backers both here in Japan and internationally. Once we have made further progress concerning shipping we will notify everyone through the updates.

Reward production has been completed so we just need time for final prep and delivery. We deeply apologize for the distress these delays have caused.

c7d7b511191dc967327efd13722d66f6_original.jpg

Dark Heart Progress Report

We would like to announce that the in-game character art for Dark Heart is now complete.

4ded326f9163fe5eed6588446e4c2464_original.jpg

Hiroyuki Mano, who is also in charge of the pixel art, did the drawing for Dark Heart's visual.

We again offer our apologies for the rounds of delays that have pushed back delivery. All of us are doing our best to get your rewards to you as soon as possible, and we ask for your continued support. Thank you very much.

So stuff is shipping soon in spite of some barcode issues and we gots Dark heart art design finalized now. Still no date set for the Pistrix and Paracelsia update stuff or the balance changes, but hey its a small team and they had a LOT goin on with Arcana Cup the past month which involved all their games including Million Arthur Arcana Blood tournies to organize which is arcade machine setup only. Keep pluggin away EXAMU. Glad I backed this fighter.

Deleted member 18857

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Really looking forward for these two characters.

I wonder what EXAMU's planning for their future. Does Million Arthur bring enough cash to keep them afloat? Will they dare to make a new Arcana Heart from scratch? Will they be moving on a new license? Work with an established publisher on an abandoned license, like when SNKP contracted them to resurrect Samurai Spirits?

OP
OP

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Really looking forward for these two characters.

I wonder what EXAMU's planning for their future. Does Million Arthur bring enough cash to keep them afloat? Will they dare to make a new Arcana Heart from scratch? Will they be moving on a new license? Work with an established publisher on an abandoned license, like when SNKP contracted them to resurrect Samurai Spirits?
I know they were hiring 3d folk for a new Arcana Heart last year outside of this Love Max Six Stars kickstarter. Leads me to believe they are trying to move into a 3d Arcana Heart to move past a reliance on old spritework thats showing its age at least on their flagship title that they will be holding onto for the company's duration I'd say. Arcana 4 is probably pretty far away though. They've been getting good profits from licensed stuff like Nitro Plus and Million Arthur though. I wouldn't be shocked if we saw more of that sort of things or ports of things like Million Arthur at some point for awhile to nestegg the funds needed before we see anything specific on Arcana 4.

OP
OP

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Just got a backer email on Pistrix for Arcana Heart 3 Six Stars. They got behind schedule so she didn't launch in the fall but she WILL be launching before the end of the year. Given the sudden announcement that Million Arthur was getting localized to console it makes sense they got busy in a hurry. They're a small studio.

Also our first teaser of Pistrix! Here is her doing a combo and an ending pose fully voice acted.

EDIT:

Well strike what I said about "localizing" Million Arthur Arcana Blood. While it may be goin to consoles, its apparently only going to be in japan. Import time fans of Examu Fighters.

https://gematsu.com/2018/11/million...4-currently-only-planned-for-japanese-release

Last edited:

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
New upcoming stages (high tier kickstarter backers could pick new locations)

Teganuma Park in Abiko, Chiba (Normal)

fcd0469cde0375522f5d9619a9d80ebf_original.jpg

Teganuma Park in Abiko, Chiba (Arcana Force Activated)

3a0af3966050293f6145ba45251232b2_original.jpg

Franklin, Massachusetts USA (Normal)

12c49bf9d936050401a4aedc860e8727_original.jpg

Massachusetts USA (Arcana Force Activated)

3502d998ee3cef24a75771b41bb47cac_original.jpg

OP
OP

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ar...is-out-new-arcana-1st-extra-character.170009/

News !
First update since the Aug 2017 kickstarter for arcana heart 3 six stars is out now!
Adds pistrix and the new arcana paracelsia!
Dark heart will be added later.

Team Arcana said:
Hello Everyone,

The early test version of "Arcana Heart 3 LOVE MAX SIX STARS!!!!!! XTEND" is now released on Steam for backers. The new playable character, "Pistrix", and the accompanying arcana, "Parace L'sia" are both available for play now!

*"Dark Heart" can be seen but locked in the Character Selection screen. She will be made available at a later time.

Please update the "Arcana Heart 3 LOVE MAX SIX STARS!!!!!! XTEND Crowdfunding Edition" via regular Steam client methods, and upon downloading the update you can immediately play the early test version.

*Please note that as this is still an under-development version, bugs are bound to be present. It will be most appreciated if you can assist us by reporting the bugs found by creating a new thread in the Steam Community Hub, under the sub-forum "AH3X Technical Support / Bug Reports".

https://steamcommunity.com/app/851680/discussions/1/

*Also, upon the first boot up of the early test version, you may run into errors in the initial loading screen indicating a corrupted/damaged/missing save data. Kindly proceed by selecting "Cancel" and turn off the auto-save feature when the game prompts you so.

OP
OP

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Heres some AH3 LM SSX footage that's on youtube.

Heres a japanese stream of crowdfunded edition from a few hours ago. Lots of Akane grinding.

Last edited:

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Siliconera story is out trying to bring attention to this. Yay I helped a dev I respect get some positive attention!
They asked to use my screenshots and mentioned me after I tweeted this info to them since only backers had access and covered the story.

Also Guard cancel put out a great breakdown on Pistrix.

Ah, nice to see it get some coverage.

OP
OP

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, nice to see it get some coverage.
Agreed, though I let em know its like Skullgirls endless beta in our queue as backers and not simply an update. That caused me some confusion the night it dropped.

I love that breakdown vid GuardCancel did. It explains her power up command grab tool and just what it adds as effects and options to her special moves. I've trying to get a power up into her command grab that that rockets them off the top of the screen into her divekick. Like Minori I wanna carry them off the top of the screen then bring em alllllllll the way back down. That felt so cool tossing folks around from top to bottom like that in a combo with Minori and I'm trying to get the hang of it with Pistrix.
She honestly feels to me like a new kind grappler. Her combos end in grab that buffs you all to fish (HA!) for more grabs during combos. In the air though she sorta reminds me of Nero in Melty blood because of the huge hitbox on her jump attacks. Smart move making her have a disappearing backdash. Anyone coming in will whif and shell appear beside them ready to grab as the video showed.

A fish that tries to catch you. HA!

OP
OP

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Guard Cancel put in some work and released a full breakdown of just how the new arcana of life paracelsia works in Arcana Heart 3 Love Max!!!!! Six Stars Xtend Crowdfunding Edition

Holy crap its nuts
  • Always gaining meter but always losing health

Take less damage from arcana moves especially big ones

Only arcana that extend force canceling is unsafe and punishable

Can nullify status ailments

Can inflict mobility penalties on opponents

Ridiculous hitstun projectile with slight homing that allows full screen conversions

Has a charged move that gains an element and each has a different effect

Can turn into paracelsia who has a full moveset thats busted good but if the crystal you are In when she is out is hit it ends. Basically an od combo ender and allows for wild extensions that shouldn't be possible due to her crazy homing dash speed being instant and her range.

This is the most gimmicky and awesome arcana I've see In awhile. The potential to get stupid damage outta her combos and meter and extend force is huge so there is a health drain that's about 50 percent I'd you waited out the entire clock. But you take less damage on a ton of shit and can screw up there movement.