• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Just got this email.
004.jpg

Team Arcana said:
Hello Everyone,

The early test version of "Arcana Heart 3 LOVE MAX SIX STARS!!!!!! XTEND" is now released on Steam for backers. The new playable character, "Pistrix", and the accompanying arcana, "Parace L'sia" are both available for play now!

*"Dark Heart" can be seen but locked in the Character Selection screen. She will be made available at a later time.

Please update the "Arcana Heart 3 LOVE MAX SIX STARS!!!!!! XTEND Crowdfunding Edition" via regular Steam client methods, and upon downloading the update you can immediately play the early test version.

*Please note that as this is still an under-development version, bugs are bound to be present. It will be most appreciated if you can assist us by reporting the bugs found by creating a new thread in the Steam Community Hub, under the sub-forum "AH3X Technical Support / Bug Reports".

https://steamcommunity.com/app/851680/discussions/1/

*Also, upon the first boot up of the early test version, you may run into errors in the initial loading screen indicating a corrupted/damaged/missing save data. Kindly proceed by selecting "Cancel" and turn off the auto-save feature when the game prompts you so.

It was in august 2017 when they campaigned to port six stars and add content. They ended up raising so much they hit stretch goals to add a new arcana and a second character in addition to pistrix the shapeshifting fish girl character.

While Dark Heart is not ready yet Pistrix and her arcana of life which is Paracelsia (from recent hardest game boss ever trends) are finished!

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Wait is this the second version announced few months ago for Steam or is this a completely different version?

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I still need to buy this one day... backed for the physical copy on the KS. I always sell the digital key and keep the disk. Turns out the disk was just a Steam installer... I asked them for another code copy since they poorly worded it being an installer, and they said "no". I still have that installer disk somewhere...

OP
OP

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm...this seems to be for the announced but not out yet Crowdfunding Edition called Arcana Heart 3 Six Stars XTEND Crowdfunding Edition. Upon reading the email again more carefully this is early access to the backers of the soon to be released edition. I just booted my steam copy of normal Six Stars and yeah its the same. Gonna go in and see if I can get my copy of this XTEND goodness.

EDIT:

As it turned out it has been sitting queued in my library for ages. I did a search of arcana heart and sure enough the new xtend edition was in my library since I had a backer code for six stars when I got it.

Downloading now! If you backed this search your library and download the new XTEND Crowdfunding Edition!

Last edited:

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hmm...this seems to be for the announced but not out yet Crowdfunding Edition called Arcana Heart 3 Six Stars XTEND Crowdfunding Edition. Upon reading the email again more carefully this is early access to the backers of the soon to be released edition. I just booted my steam copy of normal Six Stars and yeah its the same. Gonna go in and see if I can get my copy of this XTEND goodness.

Damn.. I just bought Xtend so was hoping this was for everyone.

OP
OP

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit this new Paracelsia arcana is so busted in Extend Force! You turn into Paracelsia and you get all her old supers, normals and her homing dash may as well be a frickin teleport! Pistrix or whoever goes into Paracelsia's old crystal while shes out which is a nice touch. Theres some odd mechanic where you enter a certain state with this arcana and after a time you get knocked away. Her health counts down during it. I'm wondering just how this Arcana works. I need to make a new flash card once its fully detailed.

OP
OP

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not a KS backer so it looks like it won't be available to me. Maybe they will release it as DLC later?
Probably when it's all finished itll be released as Xtend.
Gotta say this stuff is a blast. Paracelsia extend force is nuts. It's like Dark Phoenix madness in a way.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm not a KS backer so it looks like it won't be available to me. Maybe they will release it as DLC later?
Yeah, the Crowdfunding Edition is backers only. It's roughly equivalent to the Skullgirls Endless Beta. I would expect that Xtend will be released later, probably as DLC.

OP
OP

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Heres some footage that's on youtube.

Heres a japanese stream of crowdfunded edition from a few hours ago. Lots of matches.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Is this a new stand alone purchase or an update for Six Stars?
If you crowdfunded you have it appear in your steam queue as six stars extend. I have love max and six stars and now I also have a 3rd game listed as six stars extend.

I'm unsure if once it's completely finished with all updates whether it's just gonna be an update to six stars or if it will be an entirely new steamngame.

I think it will just be an update though. I believe the extend crowdfunded edition that appeared in backer libraries is like skullgirls endless beta...an early access to enjoy as they make changes to help give devs feedback till its done.

Jan 16, 2018
Hope's Peak Academy
Pretty cool that this character is released in some form, given it's been nearly three years since they were announced in the kickstarter.. How is the AH netcode? Is there a community for it?

OP
OP

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty cool that this character is released in some form, given it's been nearly three years since they were announced in the kickstarter.. How is the AH netcode? Is there a community for it?
Its so so. There is a discord for it and the Steam Community carries it. For awhile they ran tournaments every week or so. Im uncertain what they're up to lately.

OP
OP

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Yay. After a few days of trying to contact a few gaming news site someone at @siliconera responded to my tweets about XTEND. They're gonna write up that this came out for backers and use my screenshots so folks actually know about it.
This makes me happy. It shouldn't only be news when studios shut down or struggle. It should also be news when they release things.
Thanks siliconera!

Jan 16, 2018
Hope's Peak Academy
Honestly, I should check out AH eventually. I want to eventually try it, but of course, Discord Fighters gonna Discord Fighter, and my shyness might prevent me from asking around for online matches.

OP
OP

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Guard Cancel put in some work and released a full breakdown of just how the new arcana of life paracelsia works in Arcana Heart 3 Love Max!!!!! Six Stars Xtend Crowdfunding Edition

Holy crap its nuts
  • Always gaining meter but always losing health

Take less damage from arcana moves especially big ones

Only arcana that extend force canceling is unsafe and punishable

Can nullify status ailments

Can inflict mobility penalties on opponents

Ridiculous hitstun projectile with slight homing that allows full screen conversions

Has a charged move that gains an element and each has a different effect

Can turn into paracelsia who has a full moveset thats busted good but if the crystal you are In when she is out is hit it ends. Basically an od combo ender and allows for wild extensions that shouldn't be possible due to her crazy homing dash speed being instant and her range.

This is the most gimmicky and awesome arcana I've see In awhile. The potential to get stupid damage outta her combos and meter and extend force is huge so there is a health drain that's about 50 percent I'd you waited out the entire clock. But you take less damage on a ton of shit and can screw up there movement.