• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sai

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
lol another fake season?

pass. dreamland was garbage. gimme real archer or cancel that shit.

4 > 6 > 7 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 5 > 8

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I highly doubt it's worse than Vice. Even if it doesn't have a single joke in it, it'll be better than constantly having the same unfunny joke (Hurr Pam likes coke!). The best I can say is some of the locales were really pretty.
Not to pile on or anything, but Dreamland is WAY worse than Vice. Vice at least broached humor. It drove jokes into the ground and simply wasn't that funny, not to mention squandering an awesome premise, but Dreamland doesn't even seen to attempt humor. It's nigh-unwatchable.

The premiere of Danger Island at least got a sensible chuckle or two from me; I like the visual premise of Parrot-Krieger if not the execution at this point... so by that tally, we're already way ahead of Dreamland.

I just wish these guys knew when to quit. Did anyone really need 9+ seasons of this show?

Deleted member 2229

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Not to pile on or anything, but Dreamland is WAY worse than Vice. Vice at least broached humor. It drove jokes into the ground and simply wasn't that funny, not to mention squandering an awesome premise, but Dreamland doesn't even seen to attempt humor. It's nigh-unwatchable.

The premiere of Danger Island at least got a sensible chuckle or two from me; I like the visual premise of Parrot-Krieger if not the execution at this point... so by that tally, we're already way ahead of Dreamland.

I just wish these guys knew when to quit. Did anyone really need 9+ seasons of this show?
Had they actually chosen better arcs and themes, yeah sure why not. Its a great premise. Archer Vice should have been great because of the premise and theres plenty of real life stuff to parody.

But they do Dreamland instead

OP
OP
Jackpot

Jackpot

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Doesn't help that the 3 episode Pirate King already did the island setting.

What I really hate is how everything resets yet will go through the exact same motions. Archer falls for Lana, again. Pisses her off with inappropriate pick up lines, again. Ends up banging her during some perilous moment, pisses her off even more so she ends up regretting it, then comes around to some luke-warm happy ending.

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
Pam had WAY too much focus in season 3 for my liking....then again so did VIce and they ran her into the ground to the point of being unrecoverable for me.

Oct 25, 2017
Dreamland was so bad, and actually, I hated Archer Vice, too. I don't like these themed seasons at all. I am thinking about skipping this season and coming back for that final season when they hopefully finally tie up the loose threads from Season 7.

OP
OP
Jackpot

Jackpot

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Archer Vice could have been good. Remember the trailer the premier ended with that all the spoilerphobes whinged about? Showed the series being let loose and more off-the-chain that you'd expect from them becoming a drug cartel.

Clear

Oct 25, 2017
Connecticut
I didn't mind the first episode last night. I don't care for the dream/side stories but i felt it was more bearable that the last few seasons. Not fully sold but slightly more optimistic then before.

Sai

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
Why do you have 1 and 2 so low what the hell

They're not that low, I actually love 1/2, but the other seasons are just even better to me.

For scale, I guess it should look more like

4 > 6 > 7 > 3 > 2 > 1 > > > > > > > > > > > 5 > > > 8

1 and 5 are not comparable in quality in any way.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
It's really a shame that Vice sucked so much because conceptually it was a great idea(just look at the amazing poster).

Deleted member 22490

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I liked Vice, but they could've done a lot more with it. I think it's time to end Archer, tho. It's no where near what it used to be.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
The set up for the season is the most interesting one they've done in ages and the show has never looked better, but the premiere did nothing for me. Didn't even crack a smile.

Penny Royal

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
QLD, Australia
Coke Pam is great Pam, stfu or I'll fight you *cronch*

I've found it's moved too far into 'dramady' as opposed to comedy with a smidgen of drama.

I really loved Dreamland tho - but I get why people don't like it as it really leans heavily on noir detective stuff which isn't well known these days.

milch

Oct 25, 2017
I think all the "special" seasons suffer from having season long plots that are just really messy and don't feel coherent and meaningful. It's the one show where I prefer the story of the week stuff.

Axe

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Unfortunately I'm not interested in the show anymore, it has gone way past its prime. The last couple of seasons have been so boring (and I actually like noir), uneventful, and lacking in humour. The trailer for Danger Island doesn't grab me at all, sadly.

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't mind having dream seasons so they do stuff from different eras, if the show had humor, but for the most part it doesn't anymore. They go entire episodes where I'm not sure I could identify any attempts at humor.

I don't think I will be able to stop watching, just because I used to love it so much. But wrap it up; the electricity is long gone.

Niraj

Oct 25, 2017
Have it recorded but haven't had a chance to watch yet. Last season was pretty meh, hoping this one is better.

Oct 29, 2017
Cannot watch anything past season 4/5. The flanderization of the characters is just too much for me. So sad because I absolutely love seasons 1/2 and 3/4 to a lesser extent

Once I realized 90% of the jokes in the later seasons were a character (or more) screaming something at the top of their lungs I couldn't ignore it and the show lost much of its appeal :/

Radd Redd

Oct 27, 2017
Series went downhill fast after the sealab episode. I still tune in but wish the series went back to Archer being bumbling spy.

Also too much Pam in every episode. She worked so much better as a side character.

ForgeForsaken

Oct 27, 2017
20 minutes into the future.
Ok, I'm not opposed to these fever dream seasons like some people but that first episode of Danger Island really wasn't any good. Also, these bad accents are going to get tiresome if they have certain characters doing them for the entire season.

Oct 25, 2017
I rewatched Dreamland (cause I fell off). It was okay, not as horrid as people here are saying.
Then I watched Danger Island's first episode. I hope they stop doing these coma seasons after this. I'll keep watching but get back to "normal" please.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's really a shame that Vice sucked so much because conceptually it was a great idea(just look at the amazing poster).
I feel like the majority of Archer at this point is "man, this really could have been great with just a better script".

They had absolutely nothing for any kind of an idea about any sort of thematic identity past S4 and the baby stuff. It's obvious at this point.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Imagining ruining Frisky Dingo by making it have 9 seasons is depressing.

Andrew J

Oct 26, 2017
The Adirondacks
"Attention, you must slow down!"

"You mean this piece of shit can go slower?"

"Of course it- oh, le sarcasme."

"Cognate, nice."

And of course the bit where Archer was talking to the plane was pure gold as well.

SArcher

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What sucks is that season 10 is the last season so we're only getting 8 more episodes of real Archer.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
What sucks is that season 10 is the last season so we're only getting 8 more episodes of real Archer.

This is assuming they don't want to do something experimental again and do a 3rd season. I'm actually worried the big joke over the 3 years will be just that Archer dies in the coma at the series finale when they leave a coma. And that is assuming that they want to call this a coma season as well cause they didn't even bother showing the real world/hospital beforehand. I'd like them to wrap up the loose ends from season 7

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
The funniest thing about the coma stuff is it was actually shown at the START of season 7.

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah it's been weird. Show has been bad for a while (overall). I just want more Frisky Dingo. Or, honestly, I want Reed and Thompson on a new show. They're great when they don't overstay their welcome.

I really feel like they are ready for something new, but I guess paying the bills is better than struggling to get a show off the ground/have it cancelled.