• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not trying to criticize anything because I genuinely don't know how this all works or if it's working as intended, but my alerts are acting funny.

I'm not getting alerts from some of the topics I posted in or even started, and the ones I get are inconsistent. I went to alert settings and tried checking everything to no avail.

Has anyone had this happen?

Thanks.

Soul Unison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Alerts just seem to randomly and arbitrarily only work on certain threads and even then they'll stop coming after a day or two and never return, regardless of thread activity.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Yeah I haven't been getting them today, only when someone quotes me. I had them enabled to give an alert anytime a new post in a thread I posted in happened.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
They have always been weird for me. Like I'm subscribed to the "Black Culture" thread and rarely get notified about new replies. Same with most other threads. Think I'm just following too many other they move too fast.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I should be getting more quotes but where are they? I don't know.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes I don't get alerts, but I think maybe it doesn't alert you if you're already in the thread.

Vivian

Oct 26, 2017
England
I only get alerts on threads if I've actually checked the thread since the last alert. If I ignore an alert, I don't get alerted on that thread again until I go back and check it.

EDIT: Actually, you're right. I'm not getting alerts on this thread. Something must have broken today?

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I had that issue this morning as well. It wasn't a thread that I ignored notifications for either, it was just not sending out the new ones at all

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I'm not trying to criticize anything because I genuinely don't know how this all works or if it's working as intended, but my alerts are acting funny.

I'm not getting alerts from some of the topics I posted in or even started, and the ones I get are inconsistent. I went to alert settings and tried checking everything to no avail.

Has anyone had this happen?

Thanks.
From the Changelog v.1.3 thread which is acting as the site issues thread for people:

Its a known bug. No immediate fix available.

Status
Not open for further replies.