• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are Dead Space 2 & 3 DLCs any good?

• Severed

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Awakened

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Both are great

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • Both suck

Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters

Hydes

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I loved the first Dead Space and completed it. Loved the parts of 2 & 3 that I've played...Looking to return and finally complete them both.

Are their DLCs worth spending money on or is skipping them recommended?

Edit: Added a poll.

Last edited:

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Dead Space 3's DLC is mandatory. It's the true ending to the series. Pretty bonkers to not include it in the full game...

Awcko

Oct 25, 2017
severed no, awakened yes, because weirdly enough it's the only closure you're going to get

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Severed is a fairly short semi-sequel to the Wii spinoff, Dead Space: Extraction. It's inconsequential to the series as a whole.

Awakened is what would happen if Dead Space 3 were good. It's a must-play.

Iacomus

Dec 26, 2018
With Severed, you'll need to know about the story from Wii game Extraction and is the ending for that story arc.

Awakening is the true ending of Dead Space 3.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I remember playing Servered, it was fine.

Don't think I played Awakening.

Deleted member 20630

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Severed less so, but still quite decent. If you are invested in Dead Space's story, Awakened is not only good, but crucial to wrapping things up.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Severed is single-player, Awakened is co-op.

Severed is GREAT as a follow-up to the severely underrated Dead Space: Extraction. ABSOLUTELY play Extraction before playing Severed. It follows two of the main characters of that game.

Awakened is arguably the best content of Dead Space 3 (not saying much), and is probably the most "Dead Space"-esque content you can find in that game. It skews more towards the horror, psychological hallucinations, and grim tone of the original two games, and it ends on a massive, dark cliffhanger that is - for all intents and purposes - the final bit of Dead Space content many of us ever expect we'll receive.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Severed is short and not important unless you really loved DS Extraction.

Awakened is really good and important to story.