• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Escape games" or "escape rooms" are live-action games in which you and a group of friends (usually 2 to 5 people) are locked up a series of rooms and you must solve puzzles to escape under 60 minutes.

The games are themed for immersion, for example you're a bunch of detectives investigating an unsolved crime in a haunted house, or you're a bunch of nerds trying to stop a rising AI from taking over the world, etc.

They're pretty huge in Europe and a lot of fun to play with friends.

Oct 26, 2017
I've done two, and they're great fun with like-minded friends. It's like a point-and-click adventure but in real life. Pick up this and use with that to unlock this, which gives a hint to a puzzle which gives a code to a door, etc. Highly recommended.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've seen a few pop up in the UK. I dunno - the Crystal Maze experience sounds better.

Davidion

Charitable King
Oct 27, 2017
Did one with some old friends; it's enjoyable as long as people are up for a little brain and foot work.

Being a gamer of any kind helps a lot.

The Nightsky

Oct 27, 2017
Actually did two a few weeks ago in Stockholm. One was Tesla themed and the other Zodiac-killer. Both were great fun.