• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmo Kramer

Prophet of Regret - Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
México
As i was reading yet another thread about sexual harassment here i began thinking how a man can be so inconsiderate to other people's feelings. How they can do anything to get what they want. The world has always been ruled by men. In Mexico some states have placed women in some jobs cause they know for a fact they are less likely to be corrupt.

Most crimes are committed by men right? So is man as a species or as a gender the source of most of the worlds problems?

I'm a man btw

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think there's any question the world would be run better by women.

I don't know the crime statistics offhand but do know almost all violent crimes are done by men. Most serial killers are men, etc.

P.S. I'm a man too.

Oct 29, 2017
All men are born out of women.

God 1 - 0 Atheists.

How do you rate problems, how do you weigh it against progress, is not procreation necessary to save humanity, you can not just throw together all 30ish billion men of history and do some kind of ballpark guess on something that is completely unquantifiable in the first place.

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2017
Are most of the world's problem's driven by criminality or is criminality a result of the world's problems? Is it a dialectic? A quid pro quo?

Found out in the DLC content of Naughty Dog's hottest new release!

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
I would say it's more a power thing then directly a gender thing at the current time. I'm sure testosterone plays a big part too though.

Problem with it being a power thing is it's mostly males in those positions. They have been propped up there by history of patriarchy and have used it to stay there.

I'm sure if we flipped the script and put positions of power in woman's hands in the majority we may think the same things. Then again I have no idea how much of a role Testosterone plays into it.

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think there is any doubt about this whatsoever for a variety of reasons. You'd have to be insane to argue otherwise.

Ja-

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
latest

MadMod

Dec 4, 2017
Probably, probably not. No way to test that theory other than to get rid of men, which is impossible, haha.

SmokingBun

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
People at the top have a responsibilities towards those not as lucky, which many falter at
Most of the world is ruled by old white men

RandomDudeSTL

Dec 5, 2017
Yes...in general, I think you're correct. However, the same hormones that tend to make men aggressive and dominant also appear to make them risk-takers, which throughout history has undoubtedly led to breakthroughs and advances that otherwise might have taken much longer. We could certainly do with having a lot more women in leadership positions though, I've no doubt about that.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Yep (also a man). Not only because of our gender per se also because of our established privilege.

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
The source of the world's problems are distilled to greed and envy. Everything else is just a means to accomplish those two things. And women are just as greedy and envious as men. Sorry if people want to pretend otherwise. Men are more outward in showing it, but the entire species is plagued by this defect.

Nosgotham

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Inversely I guess you just look at the benefits of men. Btw gender is a fluid spectrum. You're trying to simplify a very complex idea.

You're also assuming the gender identity based of sex which his risky.

Pekola

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure that if women were in power, a different set of problems would arise.

But then again, maybe we'd achieve world peace? I'm willing to take that risk, once Beyonce decides to become sovereign.

Oct 25, 2017
Are most of the world's problem's driven by criminality or is criminality a result of the world's problems? Is it a dialectic? A quid pro quo?

Found out in the DLC content of Naughty Dog's hottest new release!
If Naughty Dog continues their traditions, there will be no female baddies. Women just can't be as evil.

on topic: Women have not been given as many opportunities to be corrupt, but we have examples of women being as terrible as any man would be. So that Mexican idea is pretty dumb.

Just_a_Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
Until toxic masculinity can be cured from society...yes. Men are and have always been.

Last edited:

Psycho_Mantis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
To stop this becoming an embarrassingly thought out argument, you should also consider the positives sourced by men. If you want to make an assessment the entire picture needs to be consulted.

Oct 26, 2017
Historically men have had much more influence than women, so it shouldn't come as a surprise that they've also had more negative influence.
To people saying the world would be better if run by women, is there any empirical data to support this claim? I'd love to read it.

singhr1

Oct 28, 2017
Depends on what you mean by "world problems"

If you look at epidemiological data of different "problems" many have a predominant gender skew. Which of these you consider "problems" is up to you

Endaeias

Jan 11, 2018
Most crimes are committed by men right? So is man as a species or as a gender the source of most of the worlds problems?

I would be hard-pressed to say that "men are the root of all problems" that the world faces. It's just that men from generations before us didn't see much "value" in women outside of the home. Working women have been harassed for as long as they've been "accepted" in the workspace (WWII - Current). Nowadays, I feel/think (pure opinion, in other words) that women realize that they do not have to turn a blind eye to the harassment that they receive while working. I have spoken to a few women about this very topic and it has boiled down (in all of my small sample size) to the fact that they've put up with "enough" of the nonsense at work. Catcalls, flirtatious emails/comments, or just making general assumptions (about their bodies or relationships) just go too far and everyone's just trying to make ends meet while working. Nobody wants to be bothered or harassed or annoyed at work.

El Mariachi

Oct 31, 2017
Austria
So you truly believe that if women have prevailed as dominant gender in human history we'd have a peaceful world right now?

I agree that most aggression is coming from males but there is much more to it that just the gender.

Deleted member 2595

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes. (As a man.)

So you truly believe that if women have prevailed as dominant gender in human history we'd have a peaceful world right now?

I agree that most aggression is coming from males these days but there is much more to it that just the gender.
Not necessarily peaceful – as that's basically impossible at the scale of hundreds of thousands of people, let alone billions – but would things be better? You're goddamn right they would be. Probably substantially.

Status
Not open for further replies.