• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Do you want a sequel to Dead Island?

• Yes, and give me a trailer in the spirit of the first one

• No. Let Bethesda take care of the jank. They seem to love that stuff.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah you're right the zombie rush of the late 00s early 10s slowed down for no reason.
You're conflating short term fads with long term viability. Zombies are basically eternal. Audiences alternate between crushing zombies and running from them. Have you not seen the immense popularity of Call of Duty Zombies? World War Z 2 is in production. You think that film won't make bank? The so-called "zombie fatigue" is imaginary. It's a genre that always reinvents itself and keeps making money because it feeds into audience fears and social conflicts.

Se_7_eN

Oct 25, 2017
What is up with the "No" vote option?

I get that its a dig at Bethesda... But how does it fit into the topic?

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What is up with the "No" vote option?

I get that its a dig at Bethesda... But how does it fit into the topic?
The Yes answer is even odder because it's harking back to Dead Island 1's marketing. Half of the posts in this thread are related to Dead Island 1.

People are so caught up on Dead Island 1 for some bizarre reason. Dead Island 2 is not Dead Island 1. It's a completely different game from a different studio. We know nothing about it other than that it will probably involve some kind of body of land surrounded by water, and zombies.
Dying light made dead island obsolete.
Dead Island is simply a brand name. One that still carries some weight, hence why it's called Dead Island 2. We know nothing about Dead Island 2's setting, gameplay, storytelling, or anything. We don't know if it's open world. We don't know if it's co-op. It's a completely unknown zombie game.

It's like going back in time and saying that Crysis made Far Cry redundant, when you you know absolutely nothing about Far Cry 2, a game made by a completely different studio.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
yes, I enjoyed both dead island games a lot more than dying light. I was really looking forward to the original vision and setting, but that seems to have been completely scrapped. Im looking forward to finding out anything new.

John Caboose

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Like which? The only AAA zombie games this gen have been Dying Light and the upcoming RE2. Besides that, all you have are TWD or indie games like Death Road To Canada
Where are those so many zombie games people talk about? Dying Light is the only AAA zombie game this generation

You consider Dead Island AAA?

Me being tired of the concept of zombies is in no way tied to the release of console hardware. There's been enough of them to fill a lifetime for me...

Nexus2049

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man honestly I really loved Dead Island when it came out. If they made one with the same atmosphere I'd take it.

John Caboose

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Where are they though? Show me zombie games worth playing this generation.
What is it you don't understand? I was tired of zombies five years ago when the generation started and I'm still tired of them now. For me, it doesn't matter how many or few of them actually have come out in that time, only that I have little to no interest in playing any of them.

OldMuffin

Nov 1, 2017
Hopefully it's the same cheesy game we were shown years ago and it hasn't gone back to the type of the originals.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
What is it you don't understand? I was tired of zombies five years ago when the generation started and I'm still tired of them now. For me, it doesn't matter how many or few of them actually have come out in that time, only that I have little to no interest in playing any of them.

It's because you said there are too many zombie games.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
totally forgot it existed. curious to see what it ends up being but no i don't really care anymore

Kasai

Jan 24, 2018
I really want it. Dead Island was amazing, and it helped Dying Light become a thing, so its automatically awesome in that regard.

With Dying Light being more serious than silly, it leaves open a niche that only it can fill: first-person survival zombie game

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
I honestly wish Hellraid would've been finished.

Oh fuck no I forgot about this damn I absolutely loved the concept it's a true shame we will basically never get to see that again. I dunno I pray it just randomly gets released this year.

I'm bummed that the Yager version got canned. They went around with a demo playable at different events and I thought it was a lot of fun.

Yeah it looked like a lot of fun but from what I was told about the actual game it was super fucking janky and handled a lot like dead island 1

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
Pretty sure Dying Light killed Dead Island...........killed it,decapitated it and left it's rotting corpse never again to rise from the dead.

mrtl

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dead Island in the style of single-player Bethesda doesn't sound that bad.

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just because Dying Light came out doesn't mean Dead Island 2 became obsolete. That's only one game. Personally I don't like the direction they've chosen for Dying Light 2 so if a solid sequel for Dead Island 2 comes out I'll definitely check it out.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
There was nothing wrong with the game, it was pretty fun and good video game, it's just that the trailer was a bit misleading.

Dying Light is fantastic though

Hellraider

Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
With the direction that DL2 is heading, which is extremely interesting and exciting but also completely different, there definitely is room for a Dead Island 2.

Yeah, I'm still interested.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
It ran pretty poorly but I don't know if it really felt janky with what little I played of it.
Well I'm talking about the actual game and what I've seen and know of it. A friend of a friend actually has access to the game. And the one he has was Yagers. That particular build seemed to have been beyond jank.

notme2020

Dec 3, 2017
They made a great trailer for the second game since then we haven't heard anything and with Dying Light 2 I don't really need a bad zombie game.

Hazz3r

Nov 3, 2017
I really want to see what Sumo Digital does with it. I wouldn't be interested if they weren't developing.

That said, it's been so long I don't see it happening. Seems like it got quietly cancelled to me.