• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Do you want a sequel to Dead Island?

• Yes, and give me a trailer in the spirit of the first one

• No. Let Bethesda take care of the jank. They seem to love that stuff.

Results are only viewable after voting.

ScandiNavy

Banned
Apr 13, 2018
Norway
After the first one, it has either been lacklustre (Riptide) or didntinclude part of its base gameplay; the limb model.

What say you, Era?

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Dying Light is the spiritual sequel and the better game. I wouldn't mind seeing what Sumo (? I forget who's on this now) does with a Dead Island 2.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
We have Dying Light and DL2 looks to be lit af.

Sumo Digital is on Dead Island 2, don't know what to expect.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
I completely forgot that Dead Island 2 was supposed to be a thing. And now I remember that it was on the main stage of one of Sony's E3 events.

I can't give less of a fuck about it.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
This game has been rebooted 3 times, and I've only ever been shown the original game, and info of only the first version of the game (Yager) has been leaked or even shown.

This game is literally dead. It ain't comin

Dervius

Oct 28, 2017
UK
I'd like to see them go in a dramatic new direction in setting or tone, even mechanics. Dying Light has taken ownership of the dramatic, modern-day limb chopper, Dead Rising (while MIA) kinda cornered the wacky market.

Go bold and new.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
That e3 thing where they were like "you make your own story" was just crazy.

I'd be fine with another Dead Island if it embraced the things that were different from Dying Light. It had vehicles and special character abilities.

Although I don't think they can come up with a song as good as "Who Do You Voodoo, Bitch", so maybe not.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Nah it's been too long. Dying Light 2 looks like everything Dead Island wishes it could be.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Dying Light seems to have taken that series's thunder. At this point just cancel it.

Deleted member 15447

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I liked Dying Light but actually preferred Riptide more.

Possibly because a lot of the experience was had before playing Dying Light but there was something great about the jankiness and setting.

I love open world games too but felt these games worked better being more closed off. From memory the weapon crafting was a bit better in Dead Island and there was a better horror feeling and sound effects.

So yeah I'm still hoping for a sequel.

Oct 25, 2017
Dying Light 2 looks incredible so no. Who cares. The people who made it moved on. Dead Island by Yager could have been interesting but that's not gonna happen anymore.

Heid

Jan 7, 2018
But... Dying Light exists. And now its even its sequel is coming out before Dead Island 2 lol come on

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017
I check in on it every once and again to see if there are any updates, so I guess I'm curious about it.

I'd be interested in seeing how they differentiate themselves from Dying Light.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, as everyone else has pointed out, Dying Light has beaten Deep Silver to the punch, and I'm very curious how Dying Light 2 turns out.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Dead Island 2 should serve as a warning about announcing shit that isn't set in stone. And how to destroy a franchise

Mechanized

Oct 27, 2017
As far as I'm concerned Dying Light eclipsed that game so much they shouldn't even bother unless it's a completely different take.

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We know absolutely nothing about what kind of game Dead Island 2 will be. However, Dying Light has drifted away from the zombie focused formula, so if Dead Island 2 is a zombie gsme, they won't be directly competing. Probably.

Based on dev schedules, I'm expecting the new version of Dead Island 2 to be announced this year.

ThatOneGuy831

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
No. With Dying Light existing and being better game and the sequel coming out this year is hard to be excited for a game that may not even exist