• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Do you want a sequel to Dead Island?

• Yes, and give me a trailer in the spirit of the first one

• No. Let Bethesda take care of the jank. They seem to love that stuff.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Djost1kk

Jan 14, 2018
Russia
I don't understand why Techland made Dying Light since they had their Dead Island IP. I mean it was easier to make a game in already estabilished series.

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That said, it's been so long I don't see it happening. Seems like it got quietly cancelled to me.
The game began development under Sumo in early to mid 2016. A modern AAA game typically takes 3-4 years to develop. Decent chance the new version will be at E3 or Gamescom this year.
https://gamerant.com/dead-island-2-developer-switch/

Apparently, Dead Island 2 might now in the hands of Dambuster. Who even knows what's going on behind the scenes. This would be the third developer change if true.
No, Dambuster are just providing support. THQ Nordic's financial reports list Sumo as the lead developer with support from Dambuster. A bit of poking around reveals Dambuster seem to be handling the motion/performance capture stuff since they have their own facilities. However, Dead Island 2 is not Dambuster's main project. That is another game, listed seperately by THQN, that entered development around October 2016.
I don't understand why Techland made Dying Light since they had their Dead Island IP. I mean it was easier to make a game in already estabilished series.
Same reason Crytek made Crysis. Dead Island belongs to Deep Silver. The two companies had disagreements and Techland went to Warner Bros and then self publishing.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
I haven't played DL, but the one thing that turned me off, was that it didn't have the limb system that made the original interesting gameplay wise.

Limb system? Could you specify?

Because I remember having a shit ton of fun just making zombies limbless and play with them in Dying Light:

Dying Light is the superior experience through and through, you're doing yourself a hujge disservice sleeping on it if you liked Dead Island.

OP
OP
ScandiNavy

ScandiNavy

Banned
Apr 13, 2018
Norway
Limb system? Could you specify?

Because I remember having a shit ton of fun just making zombies limbless and play with them in Dying Light:

Dying Light is the superior experience through and through, you're doing yourself a hujge disservice sleeping on it if you liked Dead Island.

Huh! I followed the news about DL and I swear there was talk about not being able to play with delimbing zombies.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
We can have dead island and dying light. Plenty of room for both.

I do prefer DL, but I do enjoy the jank and cheesy B movie feel of the DI games.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Since the current GOAT Dying Light will drastically change with DL 2 and will drop zombies for the most part of it and the classic DI/DL gameplay gets lost, yes, I'm still looking forward or at least hope they go the classic way with it. Cause even if DL2 will be amazing and a good game, I will miss the classic approach.