• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are the accents on this shoe red or pink?

• Red (or at least more red than pink)

Votes: 74 19.7%
  • Pink (or at least more pink than red)

Votes: 302 80.3%

• Total voters

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
4EcO8HQ.png

My wife is looking to get these exact shoes, but she's concerned that the accents are red and she wants them in pink. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills because to me they look pink - or at least, way more pink than red.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075ZZCZ6G/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_awdb_t1_rIrTCbZHQ98EZ

Whose eyes are broken?

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Looks red to me. I see how the lighting could make it appear otherwise, though. Especially the sole.

I_D

Oct 27, 2017
It's just a shitty picture.

At a glance, I'd say red because of the laces.
After a longer view, I'd go with 'dark' pink, because of the sole.

ghostemoji

Oct 27, 2017
It looks red to me, but I have brought home things from the store before that look red only to find they're pink in different lighting.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Hm, that color looks like True Berry to me, but let me check my pink/red color identification helper.

comp.png

Hm. Yeah, I'd say pink.

Prax

Oct 25, 2017
hot magenta?

a kind of red pink or pink red. much like sailormoon's boots.

compare to red of sailor mars:
sailor-moon-wallpaper-1920x1080-11415240.jpg

Slick Butter

Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty close to a red, but definitely slightly pink, at least in the image. Though it may not be as pink IRL if the temp of the light was slightly higher than what they were shooting for, which seems to be the case, but just very slightly.

OP
OP
Lump

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ahh. Makes sense.
Go check them out in a store?
Or buy them and send them back if they aren't correct? This isn't exactly a difficult situation :)

Lol it shouldn't be right?

This whole thing started when I insisted I take my wife to a sport store to try Nike shoes with React, since I think the Reacts are the most comfortable material I've ever had in a shoe. She didn't take to the women's Reacts like I did (they were also a different style shoe than my flyknits so there are a few variables at work), but she absolutely loved the Winflo 5s. The store didn't have the colors she liked, so we looked online, and these are the ones that speak to her the most - however, we cannot find "real" pictures of the shoe.

This is probably the most first world problem thread Era has had this year now that I'm reading what I wrote. Thank you Era for appeasing me in this small weird matter.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
That's a bubble gum pink to me. Not as neutral a color as red for shoes.

thesoapster

Oct 25, 2017
MD, USA
My screen has pretty good color accuracy. For one, I'd be surprised if they even look like that in person. But to me, anyway, especially after staring at the laces, it looks more like a red.

http:///xwrd.png

I'd call that pink. Definitely not a typical red.

That color changes drastically depending on where you sample from... you can get bright or deep reds off of it...

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like a slightly reddish hot pink to me.

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
My screen has pretty good color accuracy. For one, I'd be surprised if they even look like that in person. But to me, anyway, especially after staring at the laces, it looks more like a red.

That color changes drastically depending on where you sample from... you can get bright or deep reds off of it...

I sampled a bunch of different places, and in every case the hue marker was nowhere near the very top (where the "true" red is).

In almost all cases, it was roughly where it is in that screenshot, i.e. about 1/3 of the way between red and fuchsia.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Ones in the OP could be red and it's the lighting of the shot but the ones in the pic a bit up are pink as fuck.

I'm leaning towards the ones in the OP also being pink, maybe a different shade of pink but still more pink than red.

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
They are pink, the soles are so unambiguously pink that they should have settled this right then and there. The 'red' everyone is picking up with the laces is just an optical illusion caused by the lighting.