• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
All the super popular channels I found tend to only cover really mainstream games. Even if they cover niche subjects like Suda51, it's usually his most popular titles. You never see The Silver Case mentioned, for example. Are there any channels that cover or specialize in really obscure games, or things like imports and such?

Oct 25, 2017
TheGamingBrit, HyperBitHero, Clemps, and NitroRad cover less than popular games, I'd say.

First two cover a lot of character action like Suda/Grasshopper's work.
Pretty sure one of the two has a video on the silver case
Edit:
Yep

Clemps covers obscure jrpgs on PlayStation/PS2. Recently made a video on Nier and Dark Cloud, for example (before automata made it popular)
NitroRad covers old 3D platformers and RPG maker games

Hentai

Oct 27, 2017
Nitro Rad is good if you want a lot of RPG maker games and Japanese horror games like Siren.

He introduced me to LISA The Painful so I have to rep him.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
SNES Drunk is a useful resource for niche SNES games, especially if you're looking to expand your Classic's library.

Rymuth

Oct 26, 2017
First post covered it. GamingBrit and Hyperbithero do a lot of nifty niche games.

Jucksalbe

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If retro games are fine, Retro Core always has some rather unknown (Japanese) stuff.

Deleted member 12430

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
From the little I've seen from GamingBrit and HyperBitHero, I wouldn't recommend them at all, as they can be very biased. Brit's video on the Cuphead controversy has him defending that progressing in a game without challenge is devoid of accomplishment, so yeah.

timmbp

Oct 25, 2017
Nookrium

Mostly plays stuff like roguelikes, strategy, and sim games. Last few videos, Open Rollercoaster Tycoon 2, Rise of Industry, Xenomarine, Numantia, Cogmind, Kenshi, etc.

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
I don't really watch them, but BlueMaxima seems to cover a lot of Vita/Switch stuff, including more niche titles. He doesn't upload as often as I'd like, but Briareos Kerensky does a lot of unboxings/first hour plays for imports and nicher localizations.

I'm interested in this two, so I'll keep an eye on this thread.

OP
OP
cj_iwakura

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
TheGamingBrit, HyperBitHero, Clemps, and NitroRad cover less than popular games, I'd say.

First two cover a lot of character action like Suda/Grasshopper's work.
Pretty sure one of the two has a video on the silver case
Edit:
Yep

Clemps covers obscure jrpgs on PlayStation/PS2. Recently made a video on Nier and Dark Cloud, for example (before automata made it popular)
NitroRad covers old 3D platformers and RPG maker games

And yeah, that video was perfect.

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
Not so sure this counts as niche, but Red's 3rd Dimension Gaming tends to cover less popular Japanese releases. Less popular compared to stuff like Cod that is.

Timodus

Oct 27, 2017
If you don't mind videos with no commentary, then you might want to check out my channel.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Not exactly sure how is this forum's guidelines on self promotion but if you speak portuguese or don't care about some spanish like speaking over it, the channel I have with 2 friends usualy have some weird unkown games.
For example we are one of the few channels with direct feed gameplay with commentaries to have videos on Imagine Detective (the first game by Ubisoft São Paulo, layton+phoenix wright style game with devs that are now working on blizzard), Maestro! Jump in Music (an european exclusive rhytm platformer DS game that had a short life on mobile and has music that range from Beethoven,Satie, Animals and Madness) and the Tiger Game.Com port of Resident Evil 2 ... to name the most underground ones. And we are barely 1 year old so there is much more to come.

Devilgunman

Oct 27, 2017
TheGamingBrit and HyperBitHero have a lot of opinions pieces covering modern popular games so I don't think they're really good source for niche titles.

SNES drunk is good or good ol Retronaut podcast