• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Feel Good

Oct 25, 2017
Given the recent request from Democrats to gain more insights and data from Reddit in regards to the news that Russian trolls/bots have been attempting to influence their community, I'm curious if ResetERA could also potentially be susceptible to similar threats. The user base and demographic (I would imagine) is very similar here to Reddit, and has a very active and vocal voice around policy, Trump, and controversial issues (Gamers Gate).

I'm curious if the admin team has seen anything that would lead them to believe that registered users IP addresses and activity makes them think certain nefarious activity is going on, even at a small scale?

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
Probably, some poor bastard getting paid to talk about video games and not play them. Living the dream!!!

Grug

Oct 26, 2017
Absolutely not. Now here, enjoy this delicious Polonium... err I mean sushi.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
Nyet comade, only trusty Amerikans are on this site. The motherland would never infiltrate this site.

iiVQQ61.jpg

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Make a thread about Putin being a shit and watch how quickly some people come to his defense with whataboutisms.

Its like chumming the water...

Geirskogul

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you define "Paid Russian Troll" as any criticism of the Democrats or center-right economic policy in general like PoliEra does then you're obviously going to see "Russian Trolls" everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.