• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
I am interested because my dog strongly react with some sounds or animation like horse.

Recently, the mumbling cry of these giant « gas creature » in The Evil Within 2 makes him crazy!!

*Thread was created for contributor/member "manfred" If you any specific questions or comments in regards to the content of the OP, please reach out to him directly: https://www.resetera.com/members/manfred.23046/

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
The most that'll happen is somebody will start talking in the game and my dog will think it's in the house and go check the front door out to see if anybody's there.

I had a friend whose dog would go CRAZY when we played Wii. Not toward us, but toward the little gloved hands that were pointers on the screen. She'd bark at them and try to grab them with her mouth.

Deleted member 2102

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I got my PS4 when I was visiting home for Christmas break one year. My parent's rottweiler absolutely loved Bloodborne for some reason. She would sit on the couch next to me, howling at enemies (especially Cleric Beast) and staring attentively at the screen. It became our cool-down activity after walks and playing.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
My cat always tries to catch cursors if she noticed or spots them.

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
My Bull Terrier intrigued by Mae and Morgana :)

7cfeb2d7e82ac273b8b8eddb7ff257dc.jpg

9397cdb20396c93d85018db1a35c1989.jpg

petran79

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Greece
our cat tries to catch my attention by jumping on the office and scratching the monitor. Cant play online at all.

Powerpuff

Oct 28, 2017
When my cat was a kitten he was completely crazy about arcade puzzle games like Tetris or Puyo Puyo. He was always watching the screen captivated, following the pieces falling down and soon was trying to catch them.
Now my cat is old and not alone anymore but Puyo Puyo still works. It is magical with cats and can awake the kitten in them.

Blackthorn

Oct 26, 2017
London
I have two rabbits and one of them is quite easily scared at the best of times, but the other day I was fighting a Griffin in the Witcher and they must have used bird of prey samples because he freaked the fuck out. He was stamping for a good 15 minutes! I couldn't calm him down.

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
My cat was bizarrely fascinated by Breath of the Wild. Don't know what it was about that game, but it just mesmerized her.

Last edited:

Valahart

Oct 25, 2017
I don't remember which game, maybe it was BotW, where there was a dog and when it started barking my dogs would bark back and check the whole house for it.

Iztok

Oct 27, 2017
My cat is very interested in rapidly changing HUD elements like minimaps or waypoints. Nevermind anything played with a mouse, she goes crazy.

SigEpTendo

Oct 27, 2017
The Shadows
Our two pups are mostly interested in it, only when I start yelling/swearing out of frustration do they become concerned. Until Dawn wasn't a good experience for them.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
When I play Singstar my dog starts barking! I assume it's because he hears me twice. My actual voice and what the mic picks up an sends through the home speaker system. At least I hope that's why he's barking... ;)

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
All the time, just recently my dog...
Tried to get the dog at the very beginning of Wolfenstein
Was also freaked out by all of the sounds in Evil Within 2. In particular the ambient background noises.
Was following Mario run around on the screen.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
In my experience, cats love the older Resident Evil games. Little person running around on a static background and all that. Made it really hard to get into the atmosphere of REmake with a cat trying to bat at Jill constantly.

Aeferis

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
Just recently my cat got all worked up over Sebastian's daughter crying through the radio in The Evil Within 2.

Hellsing

Oct 25, 2017
My dog has never reacted to anything I've ever played. There might as well not be anything on the screen for him.

D2M15

Oct 27, 2017
Anything with 2D birds gets the older cat going; she could recognise the title music from both Don't Starve and Diablo 3 and would start stalking the television whenever she heard them.

Younger cat was fascinated by the save menu cubes in Ridge Racer V once, such a hipster.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
My dog is deaf so he almost never cares, but he would just watch the screen whenever he saw Trico when I played The Last Guardian.
Not bark or get closer, just sit up and watch it.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
My cats love watching me play almost all video games, especially the intro screen for Destiny 2. And they like browsing Reset Era with me.

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No, my dog doesn't react to video games, but he's lazy anyway. ;) Also helps that I play mostly at night with headphones on.

sportz103

Oct 26, 2017
The sound of planting bombs in Lego Batman made one of our dogs at the time freak. Had to play the game on mute after a few occasions of that.

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017
My cat used to sit on top of my crt tv and bat his paw at mega man as he ran across the screen,

basic_text

Oct 27, 2017
Derby, UK
The loading screens on the PS3 version of The Last of Us would drive one of my cats CRAZY.
If I remember correctly, it was specks of dust floating around on the screen, he'd get up on the tv stand and start twatting the tv like a lunatic.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
No, my dog won't respond to anything going on on the Television. Maybe if there's talk about food.

luciddre4m

Oct 25, 2017
NY
I got my PS4 when I was visiting home for Christmas break one year. My parent's rottweiler absolutely loved Bloodborne for some reason. She would sit on the couch next to me, howling at enemies (especially Cleric Beast) and staring attentively at the screen. It became our cool-down activity after walks and playing.

That's awesome! The Cleric Beast's howling scared the shit out of my dog and I had to wear headphones while fighting it.

Also, my cat loved swatting at the TV while I played through Demon's Souls and Dark Souls.

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
My dog generally does not react to the TV or videogames. The air condition is another story. She hates that.

The only time I've ever seen her react to a game was The Last of Us. In the beginning of the game when you're playing as Joel's daughter in the house there's dogs barking off in the distance.

Pixel, my catahoula leopard dog, starts barking back to them. ^_^

DriftedPlanet

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
My cats, past and present, care when I bring out the projector but have no interest otherwise. If I'm using my pc all they want is to be in my lap but when playing or watching something on the projector you can bet they're enamored by the screen.

basic_text

Oct 27, 2017
Derby, UK
Oh, and it's not game specific but I had to try and find wireless pads for all my consoles that don't ship with them because my old cat would constantly find the tensest point in a controller lead and promptly hang from it.

SaintBowWow

Oct 25, 2017
My cat is constantly trying to attack the screen when I play Super Mario Odyssey. I think it's all the bouncy vibrant colors setting him off.

It's annoying

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Our new kitten went nuts last week when I ended up in a snow storm in The Long Dark.
He wanted to go after those snow flakes so hard...

casey_contra

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
So one thing that I love about the Switch (and Wii I guess, but I didn't have my current dog then) is that my dog is superrrr needy and will sometimes paw at my hands while I'm trying to play so that I'll pet/play with him. Super annoying and disruptive, but with split Joy-Con I can cuddle him and play at the same time.

He's used to it now, but he also HATED it when I would play PSVR.

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
My family's dog would sometimes howl a bit when I played Spelunky with the Dog setting on. It wasn't all the time though, so not sure what set it off exactly.

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
My kitten years ago would fall asleep in my lap while gamed. If I played halo CE and I fired the pistol he would wake up and meow like crazy scared. If I paused the game he would slowly fall back asleep as he meowed. Quite cute for a month old kitten.

Zexen

Oct 27, 2017
When I play theHunter: Call of the Wild my dogs goes crazy when the hear callers, gunshots, and other animals bleats and grunts.

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
Recently my dog freaks out at the music in Mario Odyssey. She goes and hides in my bathroom :/

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
Not a game but my sharpei does not like the sounds from the VRV app on PS4.