• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which show's humor appeals more to your sensibilities?

• Friends

Votes: 201 18.0%
  • Seinfeld

Votes: 917 82.0%

• Total voters

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Friends is so sterile and corny

Seinfield is funny

Oct 27, 2017
Seinfeld by far.
Curiously, that does not translate to Curb Your Enthusiasm. I watched a few episodes of that and thought it was just cringy and not at all funny.

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Seinfield. The guys from friends have a too perfect life for me to relate. I'm constantly envious about their good fortune.

Meanwhile, in Seinfeld everyone is a dumb dick, just like in real life.

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
All the women I knew preferred Friends. All the guys I knew preferred Seinfeld.

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Seinfeld by far.
Curiously, that does not translate to Curb Your Enthusiasm. I watched a few episodes of that and thought it was just cringy and not at all funny.

I always thought Curb was really funny but the first few episodes in the first season are very spartan. I'd say it doesn't really get classic until a little while in. Once he finds the rhythm of the show it's like a runaway freight train-every episode is a knockout.

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
Seinfeld even though friends was more my generation. With that said, I watched friends a ton when it aired like everyone else. And even re runs for a bit after. But I don't find it endlessly watchable like I do Seinfeld.

Kitten Mittens

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 11, 2018
Both were great, but I'll take 30 Rock, Parks and Rec, and You're the Worst over either.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure how Seinfeld would hold up now, but back in the day I fucking hated Friends. Seinfeld was fun though.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
I don't love Friends, but Seinfeld is like a parody of bad sitcoms deliberately intending to not be funny. I've tried watching it a bunch of times, and most episodes there is not a single laugh in. I have no idea what anyone sees in it.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Seinfeld. Good chunks of it still hold up comedy-wise. I found Curb to be eventually superior.

I never found Friends funny, and today it's borderline offensive.

WiZaRdOuS

Nov 8, 2018
I only really like season 5 of Friends.

They are all part of my goto sleep playlists:

Seinfeld, Friends, Living Single, Martin, Frasier, BTAS, and I just included Xmen.

But def Seinfeld

Ps...Will&Grace before Friends.... that's right, I said it

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Seinfeld all the way.

To me Friends was horrible and the start of the stupid sitcoms like Big Bang Theory.

Oct 28, 2017
Seinfeld. I've never laughed while watching Friends. Seinfeld formed my taste in comedy and it was all my parents watched on weeknights.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Seinfeld. Always was, too. I liked Friends in 5th/6th/7th grade, as well as Seinfeld, but I continued to like Seinfeld and I found Friends unwatchable by the time I was a teenager. Friends was the first sitcom I liked where I thought "eh, this is ridiculous" and it became not funny to me.

Today, I can't stomach an episode of Friends, but I often watch reruns of Seinfeld.

Flaurehn

Oct 25, 2017
Mexico City
Both, I love them equally. A lot of memories

Since OP ruled out Frasier I'll go with this. But really Frasier should be up there, I mean

anigif_enhanced-buzz-16379-1379366678-61.gif

Niles alone takes it to the top

sapien85

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Seinfeld still makes me laugh. When I see friends now I usually don't get too many laughs out of it.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Seinfeld is better written and less sentimental, Friends is fun comfort food. I like them both, but Seinfeld is better and more interesting in almost every way.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Don't really see myself as either but I'd say Seinfeld because I found myself actually watching episodes back in the day when reruns played on Fox 25 before or after the Simpsons. I've never watched Friends.

RadzPrower

One Winged Slayer
Jan 19, 2018
I concur with the sentiment of "neither".

Can we get a full "No Sitcom" option, because that's me.

Ruck

Oct 25, 2017
Both? Seinfeld is funnier but there's something weirdly comforting about Friends even if I don't laugh at it much.

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't like the cast in Seinfeld. It's funny but I don't want to watch a show with those characters.

Friends has some questionable humor by 2019 standards, but the cast is top tier and I think most of the humor still works. The dramatic moments fell flat for me though.