Are you a "Friends" person or a "Seinfeld" person?

Which show's humor appeals more to your sensibilities?

• Friends

Votes: 195 17.9%
  • Seinfeld

Votes: 892 82.1%

• Total voters

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
Friends.

Seinfeld ended when I was like 9 so I never got into it. Friends was always the talk of the town growing up, and I find that if I meet people my age who don't have some fondness for it I find them a bit strange.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
OT but was looking at Seinfeld's IMDB page and the cashier at the diner was in the 5th most episodes overall behind the Jerry, Elaine, George and Kramer.

Elaine was the only one not in every episode (I think the pilot?).

Friends was funny when it aired but I would never want to watch an episode ever again. Seinfeld is still very funny to me.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Seinfeld to me is easily the most re-watchable show out there.

There's episodes that I've seen 10+ times and STILL laugh at them after that. The "bet" the baseball incident, the "I was in the pool" episode, etc.

So many hilarious episodes that I can rewatch over and over and still find them enjoyable.

Friends was a good show but it doesn't hold a candle next to Seinfeld imo.

ManaByte

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Seinfeld to me is easily the most re-watchable show out there.

There's episodes that I've seen 10+ times and STILL laugh at them after that. The "bet" the baseball incident, the "I was in the pool" episode, etc.

So many hilarious episodes that I can rewatch over and over and still find them enjoyable.

Friends was a good show but it doesn't hold a candle next to Seinfeld imo.
I hit shuffle on Hulu the other night and got Risk, Serenity Now, and Assman. And they're all still awesome.

dDASTARDLY

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I'm more of a Martin guy, but out of the two options Seinfeld by a fucking metric ton. Hell, I've never even seen an epidsode of Friends in it's entirety.

Not my jam at all.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Seinfeld by a God damn landslide

I think Always Sunny has supplanted it as the GOAT sitcom now tho, but Seinfeld reruns are still fantastic

Edward

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
I have more reverence for Frasier but i also really love Seinfeld. I've always hated the characters and the show Friends. Maybe it's like the Office and i just don't "get it"

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Friends was my #1 childhood comedy so I'll always be attached to it.

I've tried to watch Seinfeld but the characters were too overwhelmingly unlikable and pessimistic for me, which I guess was the point but I never really understood the appeal.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I really like Seinfeld, but Friends is part of my younger days. I get the weirdest melancholic nostalgia flashbacks to completely unrelated things when watching this show.
Both? Seinfeld is funnier but there's something weirdly comforting about Friends even if I don't laugh at it much.
Yeah, it's some weird cozy place I return to once in a while. Mostly in Autumn, don't ask me why lol.

dejay

Nov 5, 2017
I actually like both, but Seinfeld has so many more quotable lines and much better, memorable non-core characters. The quality of Seinfeld was more consistent during the series, whereas Friends was terrible for much of, say, season 4-9. Friends characters were very inconsistent and got retconned in both story and personality, often show-to-show, just to pay off the gag for the particular episode. Seinfeld, whilst it did get wackier in the last few seasons, stayed truer to the characters.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Once, I said "I'm in a Matthew Perry mood" and my wife responded with "That's a sentence never said by anyone else ever." And by that, I meant I wanted to rewatch Studio 60 & Go On. I'm not a Friends fan.

Count me in with the Frasier crowd.

Gundam

Oct 25, 2017
Friends is legitimately one of the worst shows I've ever seen an episode of. It's fucking terrible and nowhere near funny.

Seinfeld is kind of lame, so I guess it just wins.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
OT but was looking at Seinfeld's IMDB page and the cashier at the diner was in the 5th most episodes overall behind the Jerry, Elaine, George and Kramer.

Elaine was the only one not in every episode (I think the pilot?).

Friends was funny when it aired but I would never want to watch an episode ever again. Seinfeld is still very funny to me.
George and Kramer were also left out of 1 episode (The Pen). (George) said he would quit if they did that to him again.

Elaine wasn't in the episodes The Trip (which is a double episode and by far the worst episodes in the series) in season 4.

Edit* I still like The Trip episodes personally, tho. There just want much comedy but I'm the biggest Seinfeld head ever lol

Last edited: