• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which show's humor appeals more to your sensibilities?

• Friends

Votes: 201 18.0%
  • Seinfeld

Votes: 917 82.0%

• Total voters

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I was too young to be into Seinfeld (I was in eighth grade when it ended) and too counterculture (nerdy) to watch Friends growing up. So I guess neither.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
I used to be Seinfeld but then I watched too much of it and now I'm Friends.

Agnostic

Mar 4, 2019
I'm a "Night Court" person.

I think I've seen a couple episodes of Seinfeld and maybe 10 min of Friends.

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
I guess I'm a Friends person if these are the only two options. Never enjoyed Seinfeld when I've watched it, but I at least enjoyed Friends when I watched it back when it was new.

Ubik

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Wouldn't watch either of them now, but when reruns on shitty cable channels was the only option I had for TV shows, I watched both but liked Friends a little better.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm more of a That 70's Show kind of guy, but it helps I watched it only a few years after the main characters were. So it was perfect for me. Friends never clicked and Seinfeld... It's fun, but that's kind of it.

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
I was a neither person when I was younger, but I really enjoy watching Friends these days.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
Father Ted, Black Books and Count Arthur Strong are quite popular in my family. I've never been able to watch much of Seinfeld or Friends, they just don't resonate with me, but I know they're both well written and somewhat innovative.

ArtVandelay

User requested permanent ban
Banned
May 29, 2018
Why does Chandler look like Trump these days?

Matthew-Perry-562954.jpg

SupremeWu

Banned
Dec 19, 2017
I can watch any ep of Seinfeld but very few of Friends, usually there's some giant Ross relationship drama happening that is insufferable to sit through. If they had a lot more Joey and Chandler stuff, and way less Ross, I'd like it more.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
I could never get into either of them.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a huge Seinfeld fan, watched every episode multiple times. Watching Friends for the very first time now. Seinfeld is definitely far more funny and consistent, there were only a few real dud episodes and characters.

Friends has entire huge chunks of the show that are just utterly mediocre, usually involving Rachel and Ross. Some of the episodes early in the show involving the two of them really make it hard to continue watching. It does get a lot better by season 6 or 7 where it gets a bit more light hearted and breezy. Still, we're at the point where if its a Ross heavy show we are skipping most of it. I can't really say that about any Seinfeld character.

Plus I really, really like how in Seinfeld there is the underlying mandate of "these characters are awful, and they will learn NOTHING." That makes for awesome comedy. Friends tries to be way more sitcom-y with characters growing, learning, etc. Great for real life, not great for a sitcom.