• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which show's humor appeals more to your sensibilities?

• Friends

Votes: 201 18.0%
  • Seinfeld

Votes: 917 82.0%

• Total voters

Rapscallion

Oct 25, 2017
I've watched both series multiple times and think both are great for different reasons. However, Seinfeld is the more monumental show.

Oct 29, 2017
Florida
Seinfeld is so much better than Friends.

Like I've occasionally watched Friends just because it was on and I didn't feel like changing the channel or whatever but I straight up couldn't tell you which character is which or even tell you what happened in any episodes I've seen.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
George and Kramer were also left out of 1 episode (The Pen). (George) said he would quit if they did that to him again.

Elaine wasn't in the episode The Trip in season 4.

Does that mean Jerry wasn't in an episode? Or is IMDB wrong? IDMB has Jerry, George and Kramer at 173 episodes.

uncelestial

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco, CA, USA
giphy.gif
Because Friends is terrible.

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I loved Friends as a kid and hated Seinfeld. Didn't get it.

I'm going through Seinfeld in its entirety for the first time with my wife now and now see Seinfeld's brilliance. It ages way better and I find it way more relatable given the situations the Seinfeld crew find themselves in. All of them are various degrees of fucked up but I think I can see a bit of myself in all of them.

Friends (granted going off of like 15-20 year old memories here) just seems like their lives are too good, with struggles just being small speedbumps in the road. It's set up to encourage you to want to see certain things happen and plays off that aspect, closer to a drama. I think now I don't really want that. On top of some of the sexist and homophobic humour that I now realize.

Last edited:

Bliman

User Requested Ban
Banned
Jan 21, 2019
Lol. Who picks friends?
Me.
I never really followed Seinfeld. But to me, it always looked so old. And the jokes were not funny at all, to me at least.
Friends was a great show that you can watch with someone and was genuinely funny. No deep jokes but you don't always need that.
Also, a hurray for Buffy the vampire slayer.

KorrZ

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Friends. I grew up watching it all the time with my Mom and it was syndicated so there was always like 6 random episodes on each night.

Never got into Seinfeld.

Roxsus

Dec 8, 2017
Seinfeld by a mile my wife loves Friends but it gets too repetitive in the later seasons while Seinfeld just got better.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
seinfeld always 100000000000%

friends would never be able to reproduce anything this brilliant

OH, YOU PICK FRIENDS? YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THE HELL YOU'RE DOING

Boy

Apr 24, 2018
Seinfield for me. Can't get into friends even though i tried, it seems too tamed for me.

Someone posted Martin, i also enjoyed that show.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
poll is on point

Both are shows that trade in how generally meaningless human existence is, but only Seinfeld was aware of it.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
Seinfeld easily if I had to choose between the two. But Im more of a Married with Children, Its SUnny, Newsradio kinda guy.

Oct 26, 2017
I just can't find myself to care about any of the characters in Seinfield. And therefore I can't find myself caring about anything on-screen. Whether I'm supposed to like them or not, it's a bore. So I suppose Friends wins by default, though most shows would. Except Big Bang Theory.

If I had to pick one character to like, it has to be George. I'll at least say that much.

Bliman

User Requested Ban
Banned
Jan 21, 2019
Which is interesting, because of the two shows Seinfeld has aged infinitely better.

Friends is trashy schlock and I have trouble reconciling that people can watch it today and enjoy it without the single reason being nostalgia.
I don't get the response like fuck Friends and such. Yes you can dislike it but to use this language I don't get it.
Yes, Seinfeld always felt old. Like old VHS quality and old sets. I don't know how the plots aged because I saw little of Seinfeld. To me it always looked like talking and I didn't find it funny.
Imo Friends has aged much better but that is because the images are fresher and the plots are much simpler and clearer and it is a younger serie. They were the perfect snacks. But it is weird that so many find Friends trash considering it was one of the most loved soaps ever for so many people. I am surprised it is so lobsided here.

SArcher

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I never watched those two. Married with Children was my jam in the 90s and HIMYM in the 2000s.