• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which show's humor appeals more to your sensibilities?

• Friends

Votes: 201 18.0%
  • Seinfeld

Votes: 917 82.0%

• Total voters

BluePigGanon

Oct 27, 2017
I love Seinfeld and always found Friends sorta insufferable, even back in the day. The only reason I'd watch sometimes was to oggle Aniston.

Tangyn

Oct 29, 2017
Seen all of both but without a doubt It's always sunny is my one of those.

Seen every episode 5-6 times each at least I imagine. I adore it.

3bdelilah

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's funny because I consider Seinfeld to be one of the pinnacles of TV comedy, whereas my opinion of Friends is on the far opposite of that spectrum. Seinfeld is what I watch to laugh, Friends whenever it happens to re-air on TV and I want some background noise.

Wafflinson

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Neither. Never found either even remotely funny outside of a handful of classic episodes.

Will and Grace was way more to my taste back in the day.

SpinierBlakeD

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2018
I'm an Always Sunny person. But between these two options, Friends is definitely funnier

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Living Single person. Never really watched the others.

So it's like, Living Single vs Martin I guess.

woopWOOP

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
My parents and both my siblings were super into Friends from the start, but I could never stand it
Phoebe and Chandler fucking suck

Seinfeld is still gold anytime and is one of few shows I can enjoy together with my dad.

Tezz

Oct 27, 2017
I've tried to watch Friends on several occasions. None of the jokes land for me.

Seinfeld though?

dead souls

Oct 25, 2017
Friends easily, though Curb Your Enthusiasm crushes both of them. Curb also renders Seinfeld unnecessary.

RockyBalboa_

Apr 28, 2018
Seinfeld

I gave Friends a chance, it took the entire first season and first ep from season 2 to realize it was not funny.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
Love Friends, love Seinfeld..
Might go with Friends tho, Seinfeld is on that eternal pessimism shit

Modern day equivalent: Are you a "Always Sunny in Philadelphia" or a "The Office" person?

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
Wish there was a neither option. Wasn't really a fan of either. Did love Living Single though and Friends ripped that off so...yeah.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
scrubs is the only good sitcom in all of history

"I learned something today..."

To this day I refer to this show, much loved by one of my kids, as "The shouty in a bucket show." Every episode ends with an echoey postscript in which the protagonist mouths some nonsensical learning moment. This is too American for me. If Americans actually learned anything in their crappy comedy shows they would be making stuff like Smack the Pony. They don't, and we end up with crap like Two-and-a-half Men.

APOEERA

Oct 26, 2017
I'm a Seinfeld fan; I worked with a guy that could quote Friends but I could never remember the characters much less an episode.

But Seinfeld...I can remember most of them. "The Puffy Shirt." "The Chef Who Didn't Wash."

The only thing I know with Friends is I wouldn't hang with any of them. Ross gave off serial killer vibes.

SGRX

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Seinfeld. I've always hated the set 'em up and knock 'em down laugh track fodder that passed for humor in Friends.