• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which show's humor appeals more to your sensibilities?

• Friends

Votes: 201 18.0%
  • Seinfeld

Votes: 917 82.0%

• Total voters
Dec 6, 2017
US
Come on...how can this even be a contest!?

giphy.webp

Christo750

May 10, 2018
Seinfeld person easily, but Friends in it's later seasons riffed on Seinfeld's shtick a lot. So it still has a lot of funny beats. Has definitely become more obnoxious over time though.

John Dunbar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
seinfeld is the better show, but friends is decent background fodder.

frasier will always be the king of 90s comedies.

Saoshyant

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Poll needs a "both" option.

I've been rewatching Friends occasionally over the last year and most of it still holds great. It's a good sitcom, doesn't make you think much, it's both pretty entertaining and charming, and there's been very few like that over the years (not even How I Meet your Mother pushes the exact same buttons).

Seinfeld, on the other hand, has always been masterful at deconstructing the exact type of sitcom Friends is (even if it's actually older than Friends). I can rewatch any episode and feel pleased. It's got the best catch phrases, it's got the best situations, and it became a classic for a reason.

Both please different parts of me and I'm happy both exist. Embrace diversity.

Deleted member 21411

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Seinfeld isnt that funny but damn is it influential. I believe it's one of the greats purely by what came after (plus there are some gems I'm there)

I hate friends, and I think its everything wrong with sitcoms for white people

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Thought about this thread last night
As I said earlier in the thread I'm a "both shows guy" but I would put "everybody loves Raymond" up there as well

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Holy crap this poll is tremendously skewed towards Seinfeld. Might just be a product of me only really knowing people that watched Friends just like me, but I thought that was the more popular of the 2

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm totally a Seinfeld person but I enjoy the last couple or so seasons of Friends once the writers didn't care about keeping their show somewhat realistic and made all the characters into cartoons. That show can get weird at times, and I mean that in a positive way. Ross isn't even a human being by the end of that fucking show.

Deleted member 30544

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Neither, i don't find Seinfield particulary funny and I loathe Friends.

I love "Curb your enthusiasm" tho, so i guess Seinfield?