• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Buy Cyberpunk 2077?

• Yes.

Votes: 360 77.3%
  • No.

Votes: 84 18.0%
  • Used copy.

Votes: 22 4.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark_Castle

Oct 27, 2017
With the recent transgression by GOG and CDP, along with the fact that I can hardly tolerate first person games myself, I think I'll be skipping Cyberpunk 2077 myself. Maybe used copy if the reviews are glowing. Who else are torn by the incident, or have fully made up their mind on buying or not.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
When the game comes out, the large majority of people—including possibly yourself—will have forgotten about this.

Ghost

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not going to defend their Twitter posts.

But I don't know. Cyberpunk is being made by tens of people working hard. GOG and CDPR are the same company, but I don't think the social media for GOG should be directly related to the game itself. I'm buying the game unless CDPR goes full-evil in the next couple of years. Incredibly excited for it.

If anything, people should boycott buying games via GOG. But I understand those, like OP, that prefer to not buy Cyberpunk. To each his/her own.

Freddo

Oct 27, 2017
Småland, Sweden
Absolutely, will probably preorder a Collector's Edition as soon it's possible to do so from a Swedish retailer. Since the mid-90s I've been dreaming of playing a large singleplayer openworld metropolis firstperson cyberpunk RPG, no way I'm gonna pass it out when it's finally here.

Lnds500

Oct 27, 2017
Well I am not the studio's biggest fan so it's not like I would buy it day-1, but I plan on buying it at some point if the reviews are good and depending on how the characters and story is handled.

I am interested to see how they will handle gender and sexuality choices in the finished product though.

Deleted member 1326

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No, but it's nothing to do with what they say on social media or their political stance.
I just don't enjoy first person games.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
After the demo a few months ago my hype plummeted but I'm sure I'll still get it. Hell I will probably try to have a new PC build by then.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
If, and that's a big if, I do buy the game, it will be used (second hand market). They won't be getting any money from me until they do something meaningful about their rampant transphobia.

As it stands, I have no interest, they managed to ruin that for me. Their trash behavior is all I can think of when I hear Cyberpunk. Good job!

Akronis

Prophet of Regret - Lizard Daddy
Oct 25, 2017
Gameplay looked weak and after these last three incidents I'm definitely trending towards "no"

Oct 30, 2017
Yes. A dumb tweet isn't really going to deter me from buying a game. Video games are one of the few outlets where I choose to decompress and enjoy myself.

iliketopaint_93

Use of alt account
Sep 3, 2018
Yes, it looks dope and one person does not speak for everyone making the game. Plus with how things are going in my country the environment in Cyberpunk might be a more enjoyable place to exist as the sex of your choice than IRL for a while, so I will still support it so long as nothing truly heinous about CDPR comes to light.

Last edited:

Neural

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
I love cyberpunk sci-fi, I love RPGs and I love FPshooters/adventures to the point I believe I'm going to play RDR2 entirely in first person view. Do your math.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Of course not. I'm not going to support a company that allows their marketing to use transphobic "jokes" as a way of pushing their games and services.

This has happened twice now without action being taken against their social media handlers and with bullshit deflection in the form of non-apologies.

Status
Not open for further replies.