• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you buying @ launch?

• Yes

Votes: 1,570 46.2%
  • No

Votes: 1,830 53.8%

• Total voters

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
I think I'm waiting until Xmas. I am going to keep it simple and just have two choices. If you are waiting for a specific event or contingency, explain here.

Shakerovic

Apr 26, 2019
I'm waiting for the official release, if i don't see "Only on Playstation" i might wait for the PC version

eddiemunstr

Jan 20, 2019
I dont really have much interest in the game since what I have seen so far doesnt seem to grab me, and I also dont feel I should have to watch nearly hour long gameplay videos just to "get" what a game is. So I'm taking a wait and see approach, and if I ever do get the game I can wait til its heavily discounted.

Deleted member 5322

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Completely depends on critical reception for me tbh. I was all in on in it for a while (played through Snatcher, Policenauts, and MGS1-3 in anticipation) but now I'm not so sure.

Wink784

Oct 27, 2017
Not getting the first Kojima game after Metal Gear day 1 would haunt me for the rest of my life. Divine interventions excluded I'm gonna start the minute it unlocks on PSN.

FlintSpace

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I believe there is going to be something special about this game that you have to be blind going into it, thus day 1 for me.

You know everything about this game will be out with spoilery article headlines in a week.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
Won't get on day 1, no. I'm not even sure I can trust critics with a Kojima game. He can film himself farting for 5 minutes and sell the footage. Everyone would call it a masterpiece.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Undecided, I was before the TGS gameplay, but the clunky mini-boss fight turned me off big time. It lacked all tension due to how slow it attacked, I was pretty confident tension would be something it absolutely nailed before then.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not, but that's not a reflection on this specific game. I haven't bought anything on launch in over a year as money has been tight (Spider-Man).

Unless the reviews are really amazing, in which case I'd probably trade a few things in to be able to get it day one.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
Yes, I've pre-ordered the Deluxe edition, even though the marketing has been atrocious. All hype, while bending over backwards to avoid describing gameplay.

Looking forward to playing my $80 walking simulator with ladders(!) because that's apparently what it is? Who the hell knows?

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
I feel a lot of people are waiting for reviews to decide. Maybe post this after the reviews are out?

Shudouken

Jun 19, 2019
Nope, I still have a lot of unanswered questions (PS+ required yes/no?) and I'd rather play it on PC if possible.
I don't even have a PS4 Pro and the standard PS4 feels so bad everytime I have to use it.

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
Unless it's a total shit show, then yes. Can imagine this is one of those games that knowing as little about before going in is preferred, so I don't want anything spoiled.

tsampikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Burned too many times by day 1. Also burned by half of Kojima games. Gonna need some reviews first.

Savantcore

Oct 28, 2017
Pre-ordered the special edition with the figures but couldn't get it delivered to my new home so bought the digital version as well

Lord forgive me if it's shit