• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Absolutely.

My PS4 has given me tons of great games with hundreds of hours of play time. Sony first party games have been damn good this gen and some of my favorite games so far.

The Switch is such an awesome console that, along with all the amazing Nintendo games, is perfect to pick up and play when I don't have time for a long play session. It's become my go-to system for indie games as well.

And I finally built a modern PC last year and it has been phenomenal. Get the best versions of third party games with the flexibility to play them however the hell I want. Things like gsync and 144fps have been game changers, especially for competitive games.

The 3DS and Wii U have also been good. The usual quality Nintendo titles along with some unique third party games (especially on 3DS).

Adder7806

Dec 16, 2018
Yes.

This is the first gen I've been a single console gamer. (PS4). It's refreshing to not feel the need to play everything and as a result I've been more selective about my purchases, usually waiting for a sale. I even enjoyed Anthem.

Pitou

Oct 25, 2017
eh, bought a PS4 and a switch and they both are dust collectors tbh. Probably just going to stick to PC next gen.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Wii U was a disappointment but I'm ride or die Nintendo so I enjoyed what I could of it. Thankfully Switch has been a godsend in comparison on the hardware and software levels. It's absolutely my favourite console of all time as it suits my lifestyle so well.

Regarding my other console - PS4, kinda wish I had gone Xbox this gen, to be honest. At the beginning it was an easy decision, Microsoft was fucking up hard, and Sony was hitting all those swishes. But shortly into the generation it was clear that Microsoft was making strides to turn those tables around. Pretty much from the backwards compat. announcement to now, they've been doing nothing but cool shit for their audience, and I've been kind of jealous the whole time. Why haven't I bought one? I've had a wedding, bought a house, and a number of other things in the past few years, so buying a console wasn't really in the cards.

I haven't really enjoyed much of Sony's first party stuff (despite really loving what they were putting out on PS3), and while Microsoft's own first party stuff is a little more slim pickins', the fact that they also have things like Game Pass and Backwards Compatibility shows me that there's MORE than enough dope shit to play over there. I could be playing SSX 3 and Battlefront 2 (old) in glorious HD right now...sigh.

At this stage I'm still not sure which way I'll go next-gen, but I think this might be the first time I don't buy a console at launch - I just need to wait and see how they pan out, at least for the first little while.

Sloane Ranger

Oct 27, 2017
New Albany
Loved my PS4 and currently love my Pro. Destiny 1 was my only real "shit why did I fall for that? moment." Switch has been a little bit of a regret - due to controllers/drift - but its getting better with other games coming to it.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
I'm very happy with going back to Xbox as my main console in early 2018. I initially came back because I had this massive amount of BC titles from my Xbox 360. Then I started to get as much in the Xbox ecosystem as possible. This was easy due to Game Pass, my old existing library and some new purchases. Since 2018, I finally felt very confident with digital purchases on Xbox going forward because I knew BC would be continued for Scarlett. I never was so sure with Sony and Nintendo as to how committed they would be, and each and every time felt bad when purchasing anything third party on their system.

At the same time, Xbox had to earn their trust with me again after the disaster they had pulled in 2013. I was happy on PS4 but as so often it is the one playing catch up that offers more customer value. Now Xbox has even more WRPG and JRPGs than in a long time, so I feel confirmed.

Games-wise I had the best experiences with Zelda, some Sony exclusives (God of War, Bloodborne, Horizon Zero Dawn) and third-party RPGs (Witcher 3, Persona 5). I also discovered some completely new franchises like Yakuza and Hitman. And late in the gen we start seeing more and more console ports of legacy game collections and strategy titles to consoles. I have supported these efforts and am happy about this.

For next gen, I might only get one of three console for the first time due to time constraints.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
I bought Mass Effect Andromeda at 60 dollars twice at launch. One for PS4 and one for PC. I still believe it to be my favorite game of 2017 if it weren't for Mario Odyssey.

Jafku1

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Mostly regret getting an xbox one. But MS is turning around and the pc support lately has been awesome

mgrimble2

Aug 21, 2019
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Jumped in day 1 with PS4, bought a Switch in 2017 and then picked up an XB1 in 2019 because of the sick Game Pass deal.

Happy with all 3 purchases and putting in time with each console.

One thing that sums of this generation for me is not finding enough time to play all the awesome games. I think that's due to the quality of games but also getting older and adulting. =/