• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Agent 47

Banned
Jun 24, 2018
Discussion to you seems to only involve trying to convince me to enjoy this game by heeding your advice. I've established that I don't like it. I wanted to see what others thought, but specifically those who feel the same way. Why this is a problem to you, I have no idea.
So you just wanted so reaffirmation that others out there think like you? Great thread then, top discussion in here. Thanks for the hostile attitude as well. Maybe don't make threads if you don't want actual feedback or discussion and just a bunch of yes people coming in to pat you on the back.
e26.jpg

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
I've got on the boat multiple times only to jump off shortly after every single time. As a pretty big fps fan, this sub genre isn't for me.

OP
OP

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So you just wanted so reaffirmation that others out there think like you? Great thread then, top discussion in here. Thanks for the hostile attitude as well. Maybe don't make threads if you don't want actual feedback or discussion and just a bunch of yes people coming in to pat you on the back.
e26.jpg
lol hostile attitude
You're the one who's unrelenting in trying to have someone accept that this game has to be good if they follow your advice and that unless they do, they aren't participating in meaningful discussion. You're so worried about this thread being a waste of discussion yet here you are quoting me over a dozen times.

missing apex b/c no solo

I'd ideally like this or multiplayer that wasn't battle royale within Apex. Is that coming at all? I haven't followed anything involving the game, really.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Just play. People here make randoms out to be much harsher than they actually are.
I played about 6 games. The first one on launch was ok, one where both people talked was nice, the others I got unlucky with. Example, before I learned that I could pass on jump master, "this place? Nice, we're not going to have weapons for a while." Stuff like this just make me want to wait for the inevitable solo "wow he went for the floating ship. gg".

Also the skins in the boxes aren't that interesting right now, and the amount of boxes I'll end up unlocking will be limited. When newer things and characters come I'll have a tiny chance at something different.

Agent 47

Banned
Jun 24, 2018
lol hostile attitude
You're the one who's unrelenting in trying to have someone accept that this game has to be good if they follow your advice and that unless they do, they aren't participating in meaningful discussion. You're so worried about this thread being a waste of discussion yet here you are quoting me over a dozen times.

I'd ideally like this or multiplayer that wasn't battle royale within Apex. Is that coming at all? I haven't followed anything involving the game, really.
I know this is hard for you to grasp, but when you make a thread, people will quote you and reply to it with their opinions. If you don't want people to do that, don't make a thread.

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
I'm not a big mp guy so I'm nowhere near the boat.
If some of them had a good offline mode with bots with good ai I'd give it a go for sure. The concet seems great. Especially in the more grounded Pubg. Sadly they don't care about us single player folk.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I played about 6 games. The first one on launch was ok, one where both people talked was nice, the others I got unlucky with. Example, before I learned that I could pass on jump master, "this place? Nice, we're not going to have weapons for a while." Stuff like this just make me want to wait for the inevitable solo "wow he went for the floating ship. gg".
What system are you playing on? Maybe I am just lucky and have not had that many passive aggressive asses and everyone has been pretty tolerant. I am on PS4 though.

OP
OP

Deleted member 17402

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I know this is hard for you to grasp, but when you make a thread, people will quote you and reply to it with their opinions. If you don't want people to do that, don't make a thread.
Get out of here with this garbage. I never said I didn't appreciate the opinions of others. I don't appreciate the expectation to heed your advice and unless I do so there isn't a discussion to be had, which is how you have framed this entire "discussion." You're the one coming off as incapable of accepting another person's opinion here. I never had a problem with people enjoying this game, so I'm not sure where you get this nonsense that I don't accept other opinions. What I don't appreciate is you trying your hardest to reserve my opinion after I've already said my peace.

Agent 47

Banned
Jun 24, 2018
Get out of here with this garbage. I never said I didn't appreciate the opinions of others. I don't appreciate the expectation to heed your advice and unless I do so there isn't a discussion to be had, which is how you have framed this entire "discussion." You're the one coming off as incapable of accepting another person's opinion here. I never had a problem with people enjoying this game, so I'm not sure where you get this nonsense that I don't accept other opinions. What I don't appreciate is you trying your hardest to reserve my opinion after I've already said my peace.
I have never once said that if you don't heed my advice that there is no discussion. Simply trying to understand what you wanted out of the thread other than a pat on the back for not liking the current popular thing. Go back and please quote where I said these things.

OP
OP

Deleted member 17402

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have never once said that if you don't heed my advice that there is no discussion. Simply trying to understand what you wanted out of the thread other than a pat on the back for not liking the current popular thing. Go back and please quote where I said these things.
I never said you explicitly said these things. Quote me where I said that. I said the expectation to heed your advice which was the general impression from the few times you tried to insinuate that I would enjoy the game more if I did the things you recommended. And once I acknowledged what you said, it seemed as if it was over and that you understood that the game was simply not for me.

But you saw me quote someone else saying that I am not looking for advice on what to do differently in this game because it's simply not for me, and that set you off because suddenly to you there isn't a discussion to be had because as you said, I am looking for people with similar sentiments as my own. Yeah, no crap. I may be looking to hear from people with similar experiences so that I know I'm not alone, but I never had a problem with other people enjoying this game and expressing as much.

You're the one being antagonizing here. For someone like you who thinks this discussion is pointless because I want a "pat on the back," you waste a lot of god damn time arguing with someone who has *nothing to say*.

LowParry

Oct 26, 2017
Never cared for BR games. Apex looks neat but just really don't care. It is fun to watch streamers play them from time to time.

Nov 1, 2017
Eh, I don't think BR is my thing. Apex and Blackout I've enjoyed in spurts alongside Tetris 99 but I don't think I'll ever dedicate long game sessions to these games the way those that really enjoy the genre do.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Unfortunately I feel like this is the direction of multiplayer FPS and if I don't get with the program, I won't be playing any for another decade
there are plenty of shooters that aren't battle royale games. and there will always be. just like how we still have traditional controllers despite the Wii. just like how we still have 2D TVs despite 3D TV. just like how we still have consoles despite mobile gaming.

Deleted member 18400

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know if I would call it missing the boat.

I don't enjoy Battle Royal as much as everyone else does. I usually find the games slow and boring except for a few minutes of excitement. This leads me to not playing them very often. Also, playing the same map every time bores me after awhile. I have a problem getting bored with FPS map selections let alone one with only one map.

I get why they are so popular, but I would never pay for a battle royal game. Luckily they are mostly free haha.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
I have no interest in getting back on the boat but power to the people who enjoy those games.

I find the glacial pacing of most of them (barring a handful of brief, intense moments each match) more frustrating than fun.

Khrno

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I'm not missing the boat, I simply chose not to board it.

I've always hated the last man standing mode on multiplayers before the BR was a thing, so I'm not even touching any of these games.

Deleted member 8674

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I couldn't get into any BR game until I downloaded Pubg mobile. Playing with friends and family also helps.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm in on Tetris 99, but the shooter BR games (PUBG,Fortnite,Apex) I have zero interest in. That's a boat that can leave me ashore for sure.

Agent 47

Banned
Jun 24, 2018
I never said you explicitly said these things. Quote me where I said that. I said the expectation to heed your advice which was the general impression from the few times you tried to insinuate that I would enjoy the game more if I did the things you recommended. And once I acknowledged what you said, it seemed as if it was over and that you understood that the game was simply not for me.

But you saw me quote someone else saying that I am not looking for advice on what to do differently in this game because it's simply not for me, and that set you off because suddenly to you there isn't a discussion to be had because as you said, I am looking for people with similar sentiments as my own. Yeah, no crap. I may be looking to hear from people with similar experiences so that I know I'm not alone, but I never had a problem with other people enjoying this game and expressing as much.

You're the one being antagonizing here. For someone like you who thinks this discussion is pointless because I want a "pat on the back," you waste a lot of god damn time arguing with someone who has *nothing to say*.
Pretty sure you replied to me cause I agreed with another poster about needing a support group for gamers who dislike BR games due to the weekly threads about it, you must be confusing me with someone else, I've not once dived on you because I saw you saying you didn't want advice.

AustinJ

Jul 18, 2018
I don't feel like I'm missing the boat, because I usually try them at launch. But I don't stick with them due to the crazy skill level of the competition after just a few weeks. Between a full time job, a wife and a baby, I don't have the time to dedicate to actually get good enough to keep up.

Loved Apex the first couple days, just get frustrated by how good everyone is now.

Coxy

Oct 28, 2017
No interest in those type of games.

Single player or couch co op only please. If I was younger maybe I'd have liked them - but at 36 I have zero interest in stuff like that

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
What system are you playing on? Maybe I am just lucky and have not had that many passive aggressive asses and everyone has been pretty tolerant. I am on PS4 though.
PC, I found PSN to be pretty chill when I was on PS3 though. PC people may be a bit hardcore. I know not all people are as serious as the bad experiences. I would try turning off voice chat each match, but there's no way to do it like psn or xbox by going to a private party chat.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I've still never seen nor played any BR game. But I don't like online multiplayer (with Splatoon being the rare exception), so I was likely never going to get into it anyway.

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
I think what I miss most in BR is the game within a game that sometimes happens in TDM when there is that one asshole on the other team who snipes from that same window for the last 2 games and now my only goal is to piss them off and keep them from their sniper perch.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gimme all the BR's.

I think its a fun genre that was well overdue. I remember a friend created a sorta BR in Halo 3 Forge once. Random spawns, spawn with just a pistol, 1 life. Stuff on map. Last man standing.

I think there is room to innovate and expand within the genre.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah I felt like that for a week then started it up to see what was great about it and other battle royale games, but wow, I didn't expect it to be such an assault on the senses with a huge bombardment of information from the game. It's been overwhelming. Sure I could get used to it but the difference is I have no inclination in this instance unlike other types of multiplayer games. I really do wish I could get into this game because it's the hot new type of MP to be playing but fuck, I can't!

More than anything I feel disappointed that I'm missing out on the fun.

I find that there's a lot more information being thrown at the player in regular games of something like Black Ops 4. Those games are so much more chaotic than typical battle royale.

Apex is one of the faster battle royales, but if you think Apex is an 'assault on the senses' then you should play Titanfall 2 lol

Mazz

Nov 11, 2017
I'm sure they are a lot of fun if you can invest time on them and have a team of friends, but that's not my case, I don't really get them.

OP
OP

Deleted member 17402

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I find that there's a lot more information being thrown at the player in regular games of something like Black Ops 4. Those games are so much more chaotic than typical battle royale.

Apex is one of the faster battle royales, but if you think Apex is an 'assault on the senses' then you should play Titanfall 2 lol
I actually have Titanfall 2 and never played it. Maybe I'll boot it up lol.

thePopaShots

Nov 27, 2017
I definitely had my fun in Fortnite, Blackout, and Apex, but I do find myself playing less BRs and craving more single player experiences this year. I think there is a real burnout setting in.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So true.

Everyone at my office is playing Anthem even though none of them like it. I don't get it. It's like some kind of gamer obligation.
That will always be the weirdest thing to me, why play something you don't like. I have no problem just putting a game down if I grow tired of it or just don't like it.

gigaslash

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Never played any BR game and haven't played a multiplayer shooter since Modern Warfare 2. I'm good.