• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which Resident Evil are you more hyped for?

• REmake 3

Votes: 423 48.3%
  • Resident Evil VIII

Votes: 453 51.7%

• Total voters

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
Assuming REmake 3 is coming, which I believe Dusk Golem said it was.

Since neither game has been announced and we have zero details on any concepts that do exist, I suppose the question is entirely conceptual in nature. Do you want to retread old familiar ground with a new coat of paint, or see something entirely new?

Personally? REmake 3 for me by a long shot. I always loved this game and felt it was very underrated even compared to Code Veronica, which I think is a far worse game. People often skip over it, praise the others while forgetting this one, or claim that it feels like a side story and not a full game.

Let me talk about that last remark. Everyone's heard the story that RE3 started off as a gaiden game while Code Veronica was the "real" RE3 or whatever. While this has since been proven untrue (the details are a bit complicated but all you need to know is that there is no "real" RE3) it wouldn't matter even if it was.

-It shares very few locations with RE2 despite taking place in the same city around the same time, and even the re-used locations (the police station) feel great to visit because you're seeing them at a different time, under different circumstances

-Despite initially taking place before RE2, it still advances the story throughout the game by showing us more of Umbrella and its special forces/Nemesis, and giving us a conclusive end to the outbreak with the city being nuked

-It feels much more fast paced and frenetic than RE2, which took place entirely within closed environs; RE2 was indoors, RE3 is outdoors, at the very heart of the outbreak

It has a very unique identity and feels like both a companion piece to RE2 and its own beast entirely. I can't wait to see it remade. I feel like Nemesis, especially, can be done a lot more justice with modern hardware, especially after seeing how they handled Mr. X in REmake 2.

Last edited:

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For now RE8 because of the rumor about RE3R not being made by the RE2R team.

ZeroCDR

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
While I don't hate RE3, it's not one of my favorites either. I think a REmake will really elevate it especially in the new RE2 style.

I'm looking forward to RE8 of course but RE3 excites me more right now.

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
That's really a tough one for me. RE7 was one of the biggest gaming surprises for me this generation.

On the other hand, RE2 was such a perfect reimagining.

I think RE8 wins out in my eyes, but just slightly

Ninjimbo

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
If RE8 is first person, definitely RE3. I don't ever want to play another first person RE for as long as I live.

Ms.Galaxy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yes.

You can't make me choose one since, after RE7 and RE2 Remake, I trust the team completely with the direction of the franchise and am extremely excited about both.

banter

Jan 12, 2018
I'm not a fan of stalker enemies because I like to explore the extent of maps in games, therefore it is difficult for me to be excited about RE3, so REVIII gets my vote.

denpanosekai

Oct 28, 2017
It's going to be a close one but RE3 for me by far. Give RE8 at least one more year of dev time, make it great not a shadow of itself.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
R3make!

I still want to believe it will be announced in this E3 but it's an uphill battle at this point.

RE3 is the only RE game which I have an emotional attachment to, even if I like many other titles in this franchise. So if/when they remake it, it will be a dream coming true.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
RE8. Capcom got so close to perfection with RE7, but the game started to fall off after Marguerite. A better thought out new RE in 7's mold would be amazing.

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017
I need to know more about 8. If it's first person then pass. If it's more like 2 remake then give me the new game.

Akuma-san メカ豪鬼

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Philippines
I am excited for RE3 but then the rumors of it being outsourced is kinda weird considering the success of RE2, though in the other hand this just means that Dino Crisis is being remade inhouse and maybe the same vein as RE2. So RE8 for me.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Plus, who isn't excited for an RE3 where Jill will be punching Nemesis like this?
4099396-5128188959-Raide.gif

DarthBuzzard

Banned
Jul 17, 2018
RE8 because it will support VR. Capcom are stubborn and don't want to support VR for their remakes because they don't think 3rd person is a fit, despite being wrong as proven by Hellblade.

And new games are always nice because, well it's uncharted territory.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
If RE8 is going to be similar to 7, then I'm definitely looking forward to Remake far more. That game made me laugh and groan more than anything else. Not for me.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
The one that will be in third person, doesn't matter if it has 3 or 8 in the title.

lowlifelenny

Oct 27, 2017
I'm looking forward to RE3 mainly because it's the weakest classic RE (despite its charms), and there's an opportunity to remake it into something truly great.

RE8 is completely unknown territory though, which excites me more than the best possible R3make could.

DarthBuzzard

Banned
Jul 17, 2018
I wouldn't be so sure, It wouldn't surprise me to see RE8 be completely different from 7.
Jun Takeuchi from Capcom seems to have an interest in what Sony have in store for PSVR2, so an interest in VR for the franchise in general? RE8 is also further out, so there's a chance that if it were 3rd person, Capcom would have learnt by then that they can make it work.

I'd be really concerned if VR isn't a standard of mainline entries from now on to be honest. That would be doing the horror genre a disservice.

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
Which ever comes first, I'm indifferent, both are pretty exciting and the one that comes later will get next gen benefits.

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
After REVII I'm down with the one that is in VR.
And if they don't go to the VR route again I would be more excited with a PS5/PSVR/PSVR2 patch than both R3make and 8 combined!

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Excited for both but a bit more excited to see where the series pushes out with 8 than the revisit 3. I know there's been a lot of defense of 3 but I still haven't revisited the game since the Dreamcast version came out, and between the original PlayStation release and the Dreamcast release, I never got super attached to it. It had some fun ideas and pushed the formula out in interesting ways, but besides the Nemesis chase, I don't particularly hold it near and dear. I will gladly get and play the remake of 3, but I'm more excited for the new frontiers possible with VIII.

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
Assuming REmake 3 is coming, which I believe Dusk Golem said it was.

Since neither game has been announced and we have zero details on any concepts that do exist, I suppose the question is entirely conceptual in nature. Do you want to retread old familiar ground with a new coat of paint, or see something entirely new?

Personally? REmake 3 for me by a long shot. I always loved this game and felt it was very underrated even compared to Code Veronica, which I think is a far worse game. People often skip over it, praise the others while forgetting this one, or claim that it feels like a side story and not a full game.

Let me talk about that last remark. Everyone's heard the story that RE3 started off as a gaiden game while Code Veronica was the "real" RE3 or whatever. While this has since been proven untrue (the details are a bit complicated but all you need to know is that there is no "real" RE3) it wouldn't matter even if it was.

-It shares very few locations with RE2 despite taking place in the same city around the same time, and even the re-used locations (the police station) feel great to visit because you're seeing them at a different time, under different circumstances

-Despite initially taking place before RE2, it still advances the story throughout the game by showing us more of Umbrella and its special forces/Nemesis, and giving us a conclusive end to the outbreak with the city being nuked

-It feels much more fast paced and frenetic than RE2, which took place entirely within closed environs; RE2 was indoors, RE3 is outdoors, at the very heart of the outbreak

It has a very unique identity and feels like both a companion piece to RE2 and its own beast entirely. I can't wait to see it remade. I feel like Nemesis, especially, can be done a lot more justice with modern hardware, especially after seeing how they handled Mr. X in REmake 2.
I say RE3 for the reason is i want capcom to give us true hordes of zombies this the perfect game for it. being a whole city the start of RE2Make was pretty infested but i feel it should go beyond that. bring back the threat of being outnumbered even if you are heavily armed.

Aadiboy

Nov 4, 2017
Let RE3 Remake come out as soon as possible on current gen hardware, and take as long as you need to for RE8 to be as good as it can on next gen hardware.

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
RE8.

Now if they were doing CV, that might be my pick. I just don't think RE3's area aged/encounters as well as 2 or CV. The only amazing thing was Nemesis. If they change it up like they did for REmake or how they apparently did for REmake2(I haven't played REmake 2 yet) then I'll be down with it. I'm also really interested in seeing a modern take on CV's locations. I feel it has the most room to gain in terms of atmosphere compared to RE2. At the end of the day I'm looking more forward to seeing how they can take the series forward.

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
I know what RE3 will be like, I have no clue what RE8 is so the safe bet is RE3 but I'll take the one that can be something really special.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
R3make.

1. It stars Jill.
2. Classic RE3 is BiS.
3. Worried RE8 will be first person again, I didn't like RE7.

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
let me customize Nemesis's appearance and I will be
put a cute hat on that b