• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DonMigs85

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
(Now, this is assuming humanity hasn't been wiped out somehow.)
Chances are none of us know what our great great great grandparents looked like unless they were famous enough to get a portrait painted. But now things are different.
All your crazy antics might still be up on Facebook or YouTube for your great great great great grandkids to see

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
No I'll be dead and they'll be living through a climate apocalypse so will have bigger things to think about.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I've always thought it would be a fascinating and awe-inspiring experience to be able to look through the annals of history and, via digital fingerprints left behind, get irrefutable evidence that your direct ancestors of ages past were, in fact, blithering idiots.

OP
OP
DonMigs85

DonMigs85

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I've always thought it would be a fascinating and awe-inspiring experience to be able to look through the annals of history and, via digital fingerprints left behind, get irrefutable evidence that your direct ancestors of ages past were, in fact, blithering idiots.
yeah, you'll never know if one of your ancestors was a respected tailor or the town drunk

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Can't have decedents if you don't have kids.

giphy-downsized.gif

Oct 25, 2017
湘南
I find it incredibly unlikely that any of my great great great great grandkids would give a single fuck about what I did. I honestly hadn't thought about what my ancestors had done until now and quickly lost interest lol

Temp_User

Oct 30, 2017
Forget about your descendants. You know that time you went to that white supremacist rally by mistake back in college, facial recognition software will tag your face in the news and HR managers would be able to link that to your LinkedIn and FB profiles. There is a reason why people wear white hoods to conceal their face. You could probably explain once or twice as a mistake and that you have improved for the better but if your face kept getting flagged in the database, its gonna be hard to dig yourself out of that hole.

Deleted member 11626

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'll be dead and long forgotten. Even if they did discover me, they wouldn't give two shits about me. I'm wholly unremarkable to all but my closest family and friends. My great grandkids likely won't know me or anything about me. Most of us don't get remembered behind two generations...and even if we do, no fucks are given.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
I don't make videos, but it's weird to think they will see my facebook page.

I would stalk my great great grandparents if I could.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
No but this gives me an idea to take a picture of me mooning the camera and leaving that one photo in a box for them to see.

Deleted member 8861

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The idea that one of my (hypothetical) descendants would care about me enough to look me up and learn who I was, long after I'm gone, actually sounds nice

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't have any videos of me out there and I have maybe 3 photos of myself out there.
But I just don't really care since I'll be super dead.

Deleted member 20284

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Read this and tell me again what to be worried about.

Wormholes allowing images and video and pathfinding of individuals and events throughout time, completely undetectable while being accessible by the general public.

The_Light_of_Othe_Days_Book_Cover.jpg

Deleted member 4434

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No because I'm not planning on having any descendants. Also I'll be dead. And also in the very few pictures of me that are online, I look great.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
Nope, i've always considered that in the back of my mind. I learn from other people's mistakes as well as from my own.

Blent

Oct 26, 2017
East Midlands, England, UK
No, I find it exciting.

And the fact that everything from this era will be in HD or 4K quality is the best part. Unlike our recent history where old footage and images are poor quality or black and white which makes it really feel like a different time, footage from our time is going to look almost exactly like it does in real life.

It's going to be mindblowing for future people to look back on.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
(Now, this is assuming humanity hasn't been wiped out somehow.)
Chances are none of us know what our great great great grandparents looked like unless they were famous enough to get a portrait painted. But now things are different.
All your crazy antics might still be up on Facebook or YouTube for your great great great great grandkids to see

I Just hope both of my kids have children.

Deleted member 2109

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've got some full body nudes out in the wild so I'm more worried about my kids finding them somehow. Don't care if future family sees my junk when I'm dead.

Plainswalker

Apr 14, 2018
Canada
ignoring the fact that I'm not going to have descendants because I'm not going to have kids (am gay) i really couldn't care less of what some jabronis in a century or two think of me

go ahead, marvel at my nudes, see if i care

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Looking back, and I think my brother's kids will look at me as the creepy uncle who likes to bake confectionaries, and often sees anime. Also, for always speaking to himself.