• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
If I have never read a marvel comic and don't know hulk to well besides MCU will I enjoy reading this? Really enjoying watchmen right now and can see me jumping into another graphic novel right after!!

OP
OP
Sibersk Esto

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
If I have never read a marvel comic and don't know hulk to well besides MCU will I enjoy reading this? Really enjoying watchmen right now and can see me jumping into another graphic novel right after!!
I think you still can although there are many callbacks. I cover some backstory in the OP

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
No, not Devil Hulk, but The One Below All. The green cloud from the hell arc. The one who used Bruce's dad as a host. The one who took hold of Sasquatch. The one who infected Absorbing Man and opened the Green Door. The one who made the girl in #3 die. That One.

Some time between the current time and the end of the universe he got inside Banner and killed all his different personalities, using the hulk as his shell. Then the end of #24 happens, then #25 after that.

Oh, that makes more sense. Thanks for clarifying.

Goat Mimicry

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I'm pretty much in the same boat as you and I still enjoyed it immensely. There are references I wish I got, but even without understanding them it's been a great read.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
I haven't read comics in a while but this has me intrigued. Is this available on any apps on iPad?

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
2LgEdCh.jpg

X8c2LTv.jpg

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Of course not. I didn't see an option for buy though. Is this similar to the Amazon Kindle app where you couldn't buy books through the app to circumvent paying Apple?
That's exactly that, with the same cause (the shift happened after Amazon bought CMX). You should be fine buying from their website or from Amazon (which usually sells Kindle + Comixology versions).

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Read up until Book 4 and man....
giphy.gif

Next volume/book is in December so will be looking forward to reading that if not grab the issues soon :P

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
The first two volumes are a viable for free to read on the Hoopla app. All you need is a library card tied to the app.

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just caught up after someone recced this in the X-Men thread, and man, this is so disgustingly good. I haven't been interested in the Hulk for a very long time, but this whole series has really turned the tables on that. What a breath of fresh air for an arguably stagnant series.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
I really hate the change to Marvel Unlimited where they send out a new 15% off code on Monday. It used to be a standing code (and I get why that didn't work) but it blocks purchases now.

Was going to grab the rest of the Hulk issues Saturday when I had some time but didn't have a code and not going to pass up 15% off.

JeTmAn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I read the first few issues. Whew. This thing starts off real dark with that
little girl getting shot

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It's monday at the beginning of the month, I think this is the day Unlimited gets the newest (six months behind) issue.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm bumping this because I just read #26. I love where this is headed and how Ewing is reusing an Aaron creation that works really well for this story.

Time to seize the means of Smash.

SRG01

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder where they're going to take Immortal Hulk with this current plot line. Seems like a marked departure from the horror stuff prior to this.

Genryu

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad I finally saw this thread, I started reading after seeing this and went through all of it last night. It's been a while since a comic has made me unable to stop reading until I was forced to by there being none left so far.

Of course now I'm paying for it because I only got 3 hours of sleep last night.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
You know, I always hate when people necrobump threads but fuck it, this thread is Immortal, and we were gushing about the book earlier in a thread about a hate movement, of all places.

So, if anyone wants to give the best book they're not reading a shot, every digital trade is 75% off on Comixology (with the HULK promo code). It lasts until Thursday 11PM.

Rapture

Oct 26, 2017
How many issues did this series have? Did anything happen in this series that had some sort of wide reaching ramifications to the greater Maveel universe? Been meaning to catch up with this but I ended up forgetting about it, so thanks for the necrobump!

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How many issues did this series have? Did anything happen in this series that had some sort of wide reaching ramifications to the greater Maveel universe? Been meaning to catch up with this but I ended up forgetting about it, so thanks for the necrobump!

Issue #32 just released.

It's totally self contained, telling its own story with the classic Hulk supporting cast.

Oh and Alpha Flight is there too.

OP
OP
Sibersk Esto

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
You know, I always hate when people necrobump threads but fuck it, this thread is Immortal, and we were gushing about the book earlier in a thread about a hate movement, of all places.

So, if anyone wants to give the best book they're not reading a shot, every digital trade is 75% off on Comixology (with the HULK promo code). It lasts until Thursday 11PM.

Thanks for the heads up. Kind of curious to see the original discussion thread lol

It's an ongoing with 32 issues. I guess the only wider ramifications have been resurrecting a few characters but mostly it's been self contained.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017

So far nothing too big impacting the Marvel universe, but Hulks plan is to destroy human civilization, so my guess it's only a matter of time before this boils over into an event.

But yeah, this series is so fucking good, well worth catching up!

Temperance

Oct 25, 2017
[NO 2FA]
How much can i read on unlimited? not currently subscribed

+missed that promo reply somehow, thanks to both of yous.

Last edited:

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
For the past 2 months or so, it seemed like this was coming out every week. It's fabulous, and I really dug the exchange between Samson & Charlene this week

Also, that ending.

And next issue is 750, so it's going to be a rush.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly feel like we should have a thread dedicated to the entire Marvel Comics Universe, because the entire line is super strong right now. But yes, Immortal Hulk is among the best of the best, and Ewing and Bennett continue to kill it.

Reizzz

Jun 19, 2019
Great thread OP Though I've come to realize that a lot of super heroes date their rivals daughters lol

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I was actually just catching up on it on M Unilimited today. Man that art is so perfect for the title. Without Joe Bennett, it wouldn't work as well at all. And I like how, in the quieter talking head moments when all creepy horrendous hell isn't breaking loose, his faces actually kind of look like Gary Frank's faces. A fucked up creepy version of Gary Frank.

Gary Frank - 90's TIH:

images

Joe Bennett - current Immortal Hulk

ud4YulH.jpg

Something about the facial proportions, the shape of the eyes, mouths etc. I notice it all the time in Immortal. But then he can also do the completely nasty horror that has already been shown a lot in this thread.

I love that both the writer and the artist are managing to make this book seem both totally new and cutting edge, and yet familiar and consistent too.

Last edited:

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
This series is brilliant, I'm pretty sure I've said something similar in this thread already, but it can't be said enough.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Looks like Unlimited only has the first five issues. But as Palette Swap said there's a sale for 75% off the digital trades with the promo code HULK
Temperance

This is wrong. Immortal hulk is up to #24 on MU. General rule of thumb for all Marvel comics (excludes outside licensed stuff, hence no Conan) is they hit MU 6 months after hitting Retail shelves. For instance I am reading HOX/POX and they hit weekly in order same as release, just six months behind.