• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
i am but have a feeling parts of ERA aren't so hyped because its not another Dragon's Dogma/DmC

DarKaoZ

Oct 25, 2017
Hell yeah I'm hype! I reserved the SE already, been playing the demo at least twice a week and I can't wait to see all the cutscenes and story.

Because I believe the game will give me enough material to make a awesome music video, like I used to do when DMC3 came out.

I already did one, but its more of a Fan Trailer with a track by Blue Stahli.

NewportShort

Jan 14, 2019
Third gif is a Beowulf move, Hyper Fist, but the gauntlets have been modded out. There's an option for it in the style switcher mod for the old Steam version.

The kick attack is contextual, and happens when you press the analogue stick in the opposite way Dante is facing + the attack button, without lock-on, to attack an enemy behind you, and without turning Dante around to face the enemy first.
Word.

Ohhhh I get you, like the average back attack in most beat em ups.

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have a link to the longest available uncut gameplay on YouTube? I'm honestly on the fence about this one.

DanteLinkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hell yeah I'm hype! I reserved the SE already, been playing the demo at least twice a week and I can't wait to see all the cutscenes and story.

Because I believe the game will give me enough material to make a awesome music video, like I used to do when DMC3 came out.

I already did one, but its more of a Fan Trailer with a track by Blue Stahli.

Awesome! Keep them coming.

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure where else to post this, but Itsuno and lead writer Bingo Morihashi (writer for DMC3, 4, 5, and Bayonetta 2) are really happy with how this story turned out.

Translation: "I think so too!"

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure where else to post this, but Itsuno and lead writer Bingo Morihashi (writer for DMC3, 4, 5, and Bayonetta 2) are really happy with how this story turned out.

Translation: "I think so too!"

Ofc it's his best work. After all, it'll give us the return of the legend himself.
tumblr_inline_pk1lqpoFP11rai8zy_500.gif

NewportShort

Jan 14, 2019
Since I've been playing DMC4 extensively lately trying to sharpen my skills, I went back to rewatch the Dante Gameplay from TGS last year. There is an immediate sharp damn near exponential increase in visual quality. Raw textures to animations, everything is hot butter SAUCE. I can't even watch the full play through again like I did last year because I can feel it in my hands. You just know it's good. We're sooooo close. I really wonder what new wrinkle they've added to dante's gameplay. Maybe his DT is expanded besides new devil arms.

Gilver

Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Costa Rica
Morihashi the writer of the game tweeted that this is his best work. This game is going to change everything.
The TIME HAS ALMOST COME.

NewportShort

Jan 14, 2019
Like from watching Dante style on this boss and dodge attacks through basic dodge rolls and jumps, you could infer that the timings for things like this and certain parries (or even things like the acceptable range for enemy step) have been made more "accessible". It'd be true I'd say just seeing how everything flows and every onscreen action just makes sense visually, it moreso just an overall quality of life increase, game wide. It just LOOKS like it feels great.

ejo

Oct 27, 2017
Hawaii
i played the Xbox One X demo for the first time yesterday and was blown away. i'm all in now.

toad02

Banned
Oct 10, 2018
I am not one to get hyped. Just two or three series had the capacity of getting me pumped up and I thought one of them was dead and buried until the announcement of this game.
Now I am so hyped is even sexual.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I hope the second demo is a lot better than the first one we got on Xbox. I was very disappointed by it. It lowered my hype and expectations some.

Oct 28, 2017
I've gone dark on the game since maybe November or December last year. I don't want to overexpose myself. I've got Resi 2 and Yakuza Kiwami on PC to keep me company until release.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
Shame blood palace isn't at launch. Hope there aren't any shit puzzles

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly knowing that this takes place after DMC2 makes this the most excited I've ever been for the story in a DMC game. They have the freedom to take the story in whatever direction they want.

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
Grabbing all the merch for this game that I can. I've already preordered the game twice.

NewportShort

Jan 14, 2019
Ok... I'm sold

Not that action games are ever a hard sell for me...I just wasn't crazy about dmc4 and Bayo kinda won my heart as my favorite character action game.

But yeah I need this.
Glad to have you with us. Had my collectors edition preordered since like November

Honestly knowing that this takes place after DMC2 makes this the most excited I've ever been for the story in a DMC game. They have the freedom to take the story in whatever direction they want.
Right. I read an article saying the story jumps to different times mission to mission. There's a chance to play as DMC3 Dante again. An incarnation of Dante never seen before. Nero in the future. [sigh]DMC2 Dante. Etc. There's all kind of possibilities for story developments not even counting Vergil. I'd just hope they finally show some of this Tony Redgrave/Gilver stuff for once

Right. I read an article saying the story jumps to different times mission to mission. There's a chance to play as DMC3 Dante again. An incarnation of Dante never seen before. Nero in the future. [sigh]DMC2 Dante. Etc. There's all kind of possibilities for story developments not even counting Vergil. I'd just hope they finally show some of this Tony Redgrave/Gilver stuff for once
What? No way they will pull that kinda stunt. There may be some jumps in time back and forth, but we're talking about weeks here, not years.
They have to divide all the missions between 3 characters. There are so many new chars to be introduced (the whole secret around V as the biggest one). There is so many old stuff they should explain to end the arc of the sons of Sparda (the mystery behind Nero's conception e.g.). I'm already not sure how that is meant to fit in the game.
Will it be put into that ingame notepad in Nico's van? Will they drop a strange novel afterwards? A half canceled Manga? Naa good sir, I learnt my lesson.
Better to keep our feet on the ground.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
I have three pre-orders ready, that's how ready I am.

Deluxe Edition is too tempting to pass on (DAT alternate cover), the other two are standard versions at €40, still deciding what I'll do with them.

Majukun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
still torned between wanting to support the series and the genre and not wanting to encourage microtrasaction on 60 bucks games