• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
still torned between wanting to support the series and the genre and not wanting to encourage microtrasaction on 60 bucks games
Hmm what if you bought the game but didn't buy any microtransactions?

DMC is an endangered series in an endangered genre. If you actually care about it, buy it. Or wait to hear opinions on whether the MTs affected the progression design, and if they did, take your stand then.

Majukun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hmm what if you bought the game but didn't buy any microtransactions?

DMC is an endangered series in an endangered genre. If you actually care about it, buy it. Or wait to hear opinions on whether the MTs affected the progression design, and if they did, take your stand then.
every game with microtransactions bought is a vote pro microtransactions,doesn't really matter if you sue them or not.
microtranactions are a 0 effort cashgrab that can be inserted in 2 working days, so if them being inserted in the game doesn't actually hurts sales, we will just see more and more examples of it because it's basically free money with no bad repercussions. vote with your wallet and all that.

but that being said,the genre is not in the best shape and needs support.

that's why i said i was torn..if this wasn't a spectacle fighter action game i would not consider buying it with microtransactions in it.

Scarlet Spider

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
After a decade of being missing, I'm sure as fuck getting this game. I'm not interested in micro transactions but will never abandon this endangered genre. Especially this particular series.

Oct 25, 2017
every game with microtransactions bought is a vote pro microtransactions,doesn't really matter if you sue them or not.
microtranactions are a 0 effort cashgrab that can be inserted in 2 working days, so if them being inserted in the game doesn't actually hurts sales, we will just see more and more examples of it because it's basically free money with no bad repercussions. vote with your wallet and all that.

but that being said,the genre is not in the best shape and needs support.

that's why i said i was torn..if this wasn't a spectacle fighter action game i would not consider buying it with microtransactions in it.
Not buying a game is not an interpretable vote. They have no way of knowing why you didn't buy it. They don't even know that you didn't buy it. All you're actually doing is saying you don't want more DMC. The only votes that count are positive ones i.e., buying things you like. If you have a personal principle you want to uphold, fine, but if you're doing this because of the effect you think it will have on the marketplace, there will be no effect besides DMC5 selling one less copy.

There would literally have to be a full-blown internet outrage movement about the MTs with extreme, persistent and widespread messaging coupled with bad sales of the product for Capcom to believe that the issue is microtransactions. Most people don't care about MTs so this isn't going to happen.

Majukun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not buying a game is not an interpretable vote. They have no way of knowing why you didn't buy it. They don't even know that you didn't buy it. All you're actually doing is saying you don't want more DMC. The only votes that count are positive ones i.e., buying things you like. If you have a personal principle you want to uphold, fine, but if you're doing this because of the effect you think it will have on the marketplace, there will be no effect besides DMC5 selling one less copy.

There would literally have to be a full-blown internet outrage movement about the MTs with extreme, persistent and widespread messaging coupled with bad sales of the product for Capcom to believe that the issue is microtransactions. Most people don't care about MTs so this isn't going to happen.
they have people whose entire job is to understand why something sells or doesn't sell.

of course one single copy unsold isn't gonna do shit, but you have to be the change you wanna see, otherwise you have no right to complain