• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Yay or nay?

• Yay

Votes: 385 39.4%
  • Nay

Votes: 560 57.4%
  • Undecided

Votes: 31 3.2%

• Total voters

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
My hype has been building for the past few days. I'm hoping to see a battle matching the quality of Rogue One's Battle of Scarif, as well as seeing the characters get to be more of a team now that they've each come to terms with themselves and what they're fighting for from TLJ. I'd like to see Rose get to be more of her own character because she could be really cool as the resident mechanic and her kind of awkward quirky self. I'm actually hoping C3P0 and R2D2 stay in the back seat, y'all had two trilogies, let BB8 keep this one. Are you hyped? What are you excited to see in Episode 9?

Please keep this from turning into another TLJ battleground. That's over and done. Let's look forward to what's coming next.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Opening morning, 6am showing before work. Gotta get up at 3am to catch a train into the city. What am I doing?

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Over the past two months I've gone from wanting to see it opening weekend to not wanting to see it in theaters at all.

Birbo

Oct 25, 2017
Got IMAX tickets for Saturday night because my son works Friday nights. :( Not sure what to expect, but I'm there!

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Fuck no, TFA on opening night was one of my worst theater experiences ever. Apart from being kinda tepid on how familiar the film felt, the constant shouting and clapping made me miss a ton of dialogue for each 15 second window after a character made a joke. People seemed like they were trying way too hard to enjoy it, I've had similar experiences at Marvel films. Some of that energy can be fun but oftentimes a heavily nerdy audience can just ruin the experience with the noise.

Adder7806

Dec 16, 2018
It'll be weeks later. Only mildly curious to how it ends. This trilogy has been very lackluster.

Dean

Oct 27, 2017
Well, evening of 12/19. Going to a 6 pm Dolby showing and then a 9:45 IMAX showing the same night.

Radd Redd

Oct 27, 2017
No. I might see it in January. My hype is near zero. Would rather watch Frozen 2 if given the choice.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Nope, didn't even try to get tickets. I won't lie and say that I am not going to see it in theaters at all- i'll probably see it the following Monday or Tuesday in the morning cause i'll be on break the rest of the year- but the last 4 movies have not inspired the confidence that I need to see this the first chance I get. Also, the LAST people I want to be in a theater with are people who rushed to their computers to buy the tickets the instant they went on sale.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Wednesday, prime time showing. I like that the movie comes out on December 18th here in Germany. ^^

If i was younger, i even would've gone to a midnight showing the night between tuesday and wednesday.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing a movie opening night has never been a great experience for me. I can wait a few weeks and miss the crowds.

Ideally I would just forget it came out and wait for digital rentals.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
No.... I'm seeing it on opening night on the 18th.

Silly Americans and their different premiere dates.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Family is coming over for Xmas the day before. If they want to see it fine. Otherwise I don't think I will.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Hell no. People are way too obnoxious on opening nights for big movies like this.

jml

Mar 9, 2018
Nah, probably gonna see it during a matinee the following week. I prefer less crowded theaters.

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
We're seeing it in a private event at noon on Friday. Invite only, family friendly. Should be fun.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Probably a week or so after it comes out, if even that. I'm in no rush to watch this thing.

Oct 2, 2018
bought tickets ages ago. Might as well but not super hyped.

at least there won't be another movie for a couple of years.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
Opening night: no.

Opening week: probably.

Opening night is just too much hassle. Plus my usual theater doesn't do assigned seating, even if you pre-purchase tickets. I just want to get my ticket, get food, sit down without standing around in a huge line.