• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Yay or nay?

• Yay

Votes: 385 39.4%
  • Nay

Votes: 560 57.4%
  • Undecided

Votes: 31 3.2%

• Total voters

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I am not being in a theater on opening night with all of those clowns that call themselves "people".

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
MMarston makes a beautiful OT to have conversations like this in, but y'all can't help making new threads, can you?
source.gif

Rickelodeon

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing the thursday night before actually, wouldn't miss it for the world

crowds are why you see these movies at the premiere imo, The Last Jedi was one of the best opening night experiences i ever had, crowd was mad into it and hyped during it, hope this movie and audience is as lit

darkazcura

Oct 25, 2017
Are people watching this on the 19th really not saying yes on this poll? 😂 I think the intent of the poll captures Thursday as well.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
We're probably gonna see it the day after Christmas, honestly. Earlier seems like a mistake. Star Wars has awful fans.

Huggy

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely not watching it opening night. Probably gonna wait til it's out On Demand or Bluray, don't really got to movie theaters that much and prefer watching at hime.

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
Couldn't get tickets for a showtime that worked for me and the people I want to see it with. Got a Saturday morning IMAX showing though, so the trade-off is a good one, I think.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Not sure, to be honest. Feeling pretty meh about it. I'll see it eventually probably but I'm not going to actively try to see it opening weekend. Maybe some friends or something will want to go though.

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
Taking my kid to a Dolby atmos screening at 4pm then going to eat Hot Pot or Dim Sum as an early birthday dinner for myself

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The question is really specific so it isn't an indicator of how popular it will be really. I think the movie is going to gain mad traction if it's a satisfying conclusion.
I also think an issue is 12/20 isn't the opening day anywhere lol. It open the 18th in Europe, the 19th in North America.

OP
OP
Zen

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
I also think an issue is 12/20 isn't the opening day anywhere lol. It open the 18th in Europe, the 19th in North America.
Teeeechnically opening day is the 20th, but my poll says opening night which is also technically the 19th. I should have just left the date off haha

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely not on opening night. Perhaps not at all in theater.. I still want to see it eventually, but I might just wait until it shows up on Disney+

shoptroll

May 29, 2018
Went with nay. Traveling for the holidays the following day. Will probably catch it when I return. Not really in a huge rush to see this one.

JetBazooka

Banned
Jan 25, 2018
Nope not going to see it. I have something a million times better I can watch right now. The Mandelorian chapter 6.

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
First possible showing for me is Wednesday at 10:00AM, and I've got a ticket :D

Cruxist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm going. But treating this one a little differently. The last two I went in with blinders on. This time I'm immersed in spoilers.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Out of my hands - my buddy already bought a row of seats for the crew.

I'm more excited to hang out with my friends than the actual movie, though.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I never watch movies opening night. Spoilers do not matter to me, so I am never in a rush to see a movie.

Davilmar

Oct 27, 2017
Hell naw. Even if I wasn't completely deflated by spoilers, I have seen enough MCU films to understand how obnoxious audiences can be.

GuessMyUserName

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
I never bother with opening night viewings so that answer would be insignificant.

Whether I see IX in theatres at all is still a question though, one that mostly comes down to if my dad drags me to it.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing it at 6 pm on Thursday and then again on Friday. Will see it a third time with a younger cousin that I've taken to see all Disney era Star Wars films.

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
I've got opening night and within 24 hours I've got another viewing right after work the following day.
Depending how I feel my first viewing I'll attend the 2nd one or cancel.
I look forward to it.

Elderly Parrot

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 13, 2018
Probs. Tickets are still available and I'm one of those people who have to see it opening day

Br3wnor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not opening night, have the office Christmas party. I'm off the week of Christmas so I'll probably check it out the Thursday or Friday after Christmas, catch a matinee with a buddy.