• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

LordDraven

Banned
Jan 23, 2019
Done with work for the day so I head back to the hotel to watch a Netflix movie only to find it playing with that true notion setting on. The tv menu doesn't even allow you to turn it off everywhere. I can't watch the movie based on how awful this setting is

Pelao

Banned
Jan 7, 2020
Chile
Can't you activate game mode? Pretty much every modern TV has it and it doesn't require you to change video settings.

I like frame interpolation in movies and shows, though

Gibbo

The Fallen
Nov 20, 2017
Not a major gripe since we hardly watch TV in the hotels. But why are most hotels not televising movies or tv shows in 1080p output? This is also true for 5/6 star hotels that I've stayed in

Dwight

Dec 4, 2018
Try googling the name of your hotel and the TV. There might be a secret combination you plug in using the remote to get to a hidden menu that lets you change settings.

useful keywords like "hotel mode" might help

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can't you activate game mode? Pretty much every modern TV has it and it doesn't require you to change video settings.

I like frame interpolation in movies and shows, though

Hotels don't give you the oem remote because they usually have custom hotel software - sometimes to sell you ppv - and deliberately don't want you to mess with the menus so you don't screw it up for the maid/next guest.

I watched Coppola's Dracula last week in Budapest and it's absolutely surreal at 60fps - basically as if it doesn't know it's camp.

nampad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For me it is overscan and sometimes they limit the volume way too much when you plug in a device.

Not to mention the hotels where the HDMI is not accessible. I usually bring my GPD Win 2 mini laptop on my business trips, which I am on half of the year.