• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BADMAN

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Norwegian author Ari Behn, the ex-husband of Princess Märtha Louise and one of those accusing actor Kevin Spacey of sexual assault, has died in an apparent suicide, his family says. He was 47 years old.

"It is with great sadness in our hearts that we, the family of Ari Behn, must announce that he took his own life today," the family said in a statement to NTB on Wednesday night. The circumstances of his suicide were not immediately known.

Behn made international headlines in December 2017 when he accused actor Kevin Spacey of groping him after a Nobel Peace Prize concert in 2007. Behn said the two had been talking for about 5 minutes before Spacey put his hand under the table and touched him.

Behn's suicide comes just a day after Spacey re-emerged on social media with a video to mark Christmas, telling viewers in his 'House of Cards' character that it had been a "pretty good year." Spacey had previously been charged in the alleged groping of a young man at a bar in Massachusetts, but the charges were dropped on July 17. Another case in California was dropped after the accuser died.

This would be a lot less suspicious if Spacey hadn't just released a quasi-threatening video that seemed to gleefully reference his other accusers dying or dropping their case. I'd assume this was a coincidence, but after a whistleblower was killed by a hit and run and a victim who accused Spacey of sexual assault mysteriously died before his trial it starts looking fishy.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019

rudeboyoslo

Jan 5, 2018
That being said, Behn was a complicated person. I'm not sure there is a Spacey connection to be honest. But who knows.

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017
this was reported as cancer, though idk if that's been confirmed. in any case, people die for very normal, explainable reasons all the time. i don't think you can rightly call a private individual's death "mysterious" simply because we, the public, were not told of that person's medical history.

anyway between this and the epstein shit i get the impression people are way more into daydreaming about pizzagate-adjacent conspiracy theories than they actually care about victims of abuse or mental illness

Last edited:

TojoT

Oct 30, 2017
I find the OP pretty tasteless. The family just released this tragic information a few hours ago and the OP goes right onto a conspiracy theory. His close ones have barely gotten to digest the news.

RIP

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
I really don't think Kevin Spacey has the power and clout to order the assassination of a royal.

Selbran

Oct 25, 2017
Saying "Hit and Run" is deceiving since it implies an incident where she was struck, and the driver fled. The article explains what happened, and it doesn't sound intentional. Also, I could have sworn the Massage Therapist's death was initially reported as cancer-related, but now I can't find any articles verifying that.

It's tasteless trying to spin this all into "Kevin Spacey has the clout to assassinate three people" theory. I saw a thread on r/conspiracy talking about this, and I wouldn't expect it out of this site.

OP
OP
BADMAN

BADMAN

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I find the OP pretty tasteless. The family just released this tragic information a few hours ago and the OP goes right onto a conspiracy theory. His close ones have barely gotten to digest the news.

RIP
Feel free to report the thread. If the mods find it tasteless they can lock it.

Hot Priest

Alt-account
Banned
Oct 11, 2019
i get the impression people are way more into daydreaming about pizzagate-adjacent conspiracy theories than they actually care about victims of abuse or mental illness

Yup. The people who peddle this stuff (the dirtbag left and right wingers) are usually profoundly clueless about mental illness and flatly don't give a fuck about disability at all (one of the favored forms of comedy among the dirtbag left revolves around mocking the disabled and calling people the R word).

JeTmAn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This whole thing is so bizarre and otherworldly it's almost like it's an ARG for a movie

OP
OP
BADMAN

BADMAN

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yup. The people who peddle this stuff (the dirtbag left and right wingers) are usually profoundly clueless about mental illness and flatly don't give a fuck about disability at all (one of the favored forms of comedy among the dirtbag left revolves around mocking the disabled and calling people the R word).
This is uncalled for needlessly hostile.

Hot Priest

Alt-account
Banned
Oct 11, 2019
This is uncalled for needlessly hostile.

More than happy to back up what I said. There's a long tradition of the dirtbag left (Chapo) being ignorant or often times outright mocking of disabled people and the mentally ill, and those are the same people on the left who are all in on the Epstein/Spacey/Clinton kill list stuff.

To be clear, I'm a Bernie supporter, but those people are fucking awful.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
Are you serious OP?

I find this thread pretty tasteless but also pretty fucking embarrassing in how completely out of touch it is

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
Without a documentary to tell us all how bad a guy he is, it's hard for the public to be influenced to care about this

OP
OP
BADMAN

BADMAN

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
More than happy to back up what I said. There's a long tradition of the dirtbag left (Chapo) being ignorant or often times outright mocking of disabled people and the mentally ill, and those are the same people on the left who are all in on the Epstein/Spacey/Clinton kill list stuff.

I'm not interested in justifying individual examples of Chapo saying something stupid. Just know that CTH reddit makes up a very small portion of the fanbase and, on an anecdotal level, me and everyone I know who listens to dirtbag left stuff are very respectful to people with mental illnesses or disabilities. Taking a hostile stance against people who enjoy podcasts you don't like (and generally share your same political interests) isn't a great thing to do imo.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not going to outright say it's all just coincidence, but the OP is pushing some false info. One accuser died of cancer, and the whistleblower death was not a hit and run. The whistleblower stepped into a busy intersection and got hit by a woman who stuck around.

Hot Priest

Alt-account
Banned
Oct 11, 2019
I'm not interested in justifying individual examples of Chapo saying something stupid. Just know that CTH reddit makes up a very small portion of the fanbase and, on an anecdotal level, me and everyone I know who listens to dirtbag left stuff are very respectful to people with mental illnesses or disabilities. Taking a hostile stance against people who enjoy podcasts you don't like (and generally share your same political interests) isn't a great thing to do imo.

I'm not talking about the subreddit, I'm talking about the actual hosts. Amber said any Chapo fan who doesn't listen to Cumtown is suspect, and AFAIK the rest of them have done nothing to distance themselves from that point of view and have Nick Mullen on several times a year. A guy who's comedy routine revolves around calling autistic people "stupid r**ards" and mocking the way people with down's syndrome speak. Mocking people with a life situation far worse than yours because it makes you laugh isn't what I'd call respect, and no amount of "it's just jokes" hand waving is going to change that.

Snowy

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
this was reported as cancer, though idk if that's been confirmed. in any case, people die for very normal, explainable reasons all the time. i don't think you can rightly call a private individual's death "mysterious" simply because we, the public, were not told of that person's medical history.

anyway between this and the epstein shit i get the impression people are way more into daydreaming about pizzagate-adjacent conspiracy theories than they actually care about victims of abuse or mental illness

Epstein was a conspiracy though.

Box

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lancashire
Never forget.
KMDTD7Q.png

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
I agree, it sucks that we're so quick to go down the conspiracy hole. I hate the Epstein suicide basically became a meme, I feel like that stuff erodes our collective perception.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Not a fan of the OP's weak conspiratorial framing of this thread.

Snowy

Banned
Nov 11, 2017

This is not a remotely accurate description of the Chapo hosts or very many of their fans. There's some overlap with the idiotic Cum Town shit that the hosts, unfortunately, invite via their association with them, but that's hardly a defining feature of either their podcast or their personal character.

OP
OP
BADMAN

BADMAN

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not talking about the subreddit, I'm talking about the actual hosts. Amber said any Chapo fan who doesn't listen to Cumtown is suspect, and AFAIK the rest of them have done nothing to distance themselves from that point of view and have Nick Mullen on several times a year. A guy who's comedy routine revolves around calling autistic people "stupid r**ards" and mocking the way people with down's syndrome speak. Mocking people with a life situation far worse than yours because it makes you laugh isn't what I'd call respect, and no amount of "it's just jokes" hand waving is going to change that.
This is getting way offtopic, if you really want to talk about Cumtown then PM me. You're free to not like CTH, but don't project the stuff you don't like about them on people who listen to their podcast.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

yes, being suspicious about the death of jeffery epstein, a convicted pedophile with a fuck island who has demonstrable connections to people in incredibly high positions of power, is exactly like people assuming that there is a basement of children chained up in a pizza joint based on a spiral logo and some floor plans. people just jump to crazy conclusions these days huh

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
I should qualify my earlier post a little and say that powerful abusive people leave a massive wake of trauma wherever they go, which does sometimes contribute to their victims taking their own lives. It's also not ridiculous to consider that some of them might have the power and willingness to try making their accusers go away.

While it has reached meme status for some, the Epstein story has so many blatant holes in it that it made me, a nearly lifelong anti-conspiracy guy, think that something is up. That suspicion is something I now generalize to a lot of the other well connected and influential monsters out there.

Oct 25, 2017

Oh absolutely

OP
OP
BADMAN

BADMAN

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some folks are so focused on conspiracy-denial that they loop around and end up looking even more ridiculous that the conspiracy theorists they shit on
Worse than that, they wind up inadvertently protecting the people and system responsible for denying the victims justice.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
How did this thread devolve into a discussion about left wing icon and head of the DSA Nick Mullen

3 dead accusers and you guys are telling those raising their eyebrows crazies?
And the video itself is Spacey not subtly saying "I'll kill people who cross me". It's either a conspiracy or a massive fucking coincidence, either way it's worth talking about.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For like a decade plus if you alleged that MLK, JFK, RFK, Malcolm X's killings were conspiracies you'd get laughed at in your own thread, mocked, and your thread would close.

Some wack shitty ass pedophile gets merked and all of a sudden we do a 180 on conspiracy theories. Like really?

Oct 25, 2017
Some folks are so focused on conspiracy-denial that they loop around and end up looking even more ridiculous that the conspiracy theorists they shit on
no unlike some of you were just not stupid enough to think things with very simple and obvious explanations are part whatever random conspiracy you saw on Twitter that day. especially with the intentionally misleading framing for events that the op decided to go with

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So, two victims died prior to this...and then Spacey released a video where he essentially threatens any other accusers...and then one more victim dies.

Yes, this sounds normal and is just all coincidence.

Zero83

Oct 29, 2017
Oslo
Ari Behn has been a celebrity in Norway for decades, was part of the royal family, and was a respected author and artist.
I find this thread in bad taste. Kevin Spacey? What

He had struggled with depression for a while following his divorce.

Status
Not open for further replies.