• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
neilyadig

neilyadig

Nov 13, 2017
Update: She figured it out!!

Thanks to ERA for walking her through the process

lNWQIdS.png

Pacify

Oct 30, 2017
If you check her next two stories she eventually got it and was impressed by being able to play with someone far away.

unrealist

Oct 27, 2017
I guess Ariana Grande, like a normal gamer outside of Era, is seemingly less concerned and edgy over online subs and friend codes than some people are in Era

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
nintendo getting real creative with these celebrity endorsements.

I guess Ariana Grande, like a normal gamer outside of Era, is seemingly less concerned and edgy over online subs and friend codes than some people are in Era
of course. there are very few people who would actually let the 20$ be the thing that stops them from playing online.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah that's not even remotely what I meant. Obviously I didn't make myself clear.
why else would you say: "I bet they didn't play MK8 that evening."?
edit: nvm you already answered to someone else. you're making it seem like it's a 2 hour project tho, but it doesn't matter since she figured it out.

Last edited:

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
I can't remember exactly what the sign up process was like presumably she went through a couple of walls

-create Nintendo ID
-input credit card info
-locate her friend code
-get friend code of friend
-friend request
-finally play online

I wonder if she will touch the NES games

jariw

Oct 27, 2017
The annoyance of being ready to go and play and learning they need to jump through hoops before getting to do so? Then losing interest and doing something else?
Yeah, I thought it was obvious what I meant, sorry.

Jump through hoops? For me, it was pretty to set up a family account:
1. Buy it from the eShop
2. Log in to MyNintendo and send invites to the other members

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Grande is playing Mario Kart and Gaga is playing Bayonetta

What a time to be alive

Oct 25, 2017
I know, but sometimes that's enough to make a decision to go see a movie instead, you know.
Just that one tiny hurdle. Depends on the person I guess.
You realize she's a multimillionaire pop singer that's had previous marketing deals with video game companies including Nintendo, yeah? She's done enough in life to at least know how to sign up on the store and buy a subscription and exchanged user info with a friend if that is what she needs to do with a shiny new thing she bought.

If you really want to be cynical, you can say she had her agent sign her up for 3 years on the spot and did the info exchange for her.

Last edited:

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Is this real?
Especially the last one.
I want to believe that this is real.
yeah seriously, the rest i was like 'sure, rad', but name dropping the gooch? is there a video? lol
I'm so sorry to crush all of your dreams and tell you that this is fake.

Anybody who would name drop King Goochi like that would have been on my radar immediately though.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
I don't have MK8 nor am I subbed to Switch Online. How do you invite someone to play together in MK8? Is there an invite feature build-in for the game or what? It's something I've been wondering about given how Switch is very lackluster when it comes to interacting with your friends.

Oct 25, 2017
It's something I've been wondering about given how Switch is very lackluster when it comes to interacting with your friends.
You choose Online Play, you choose Friends, you choose the friend that is online in-game, you race with them.

Alternatively you can set up a Vs. room and have them come to you, and vice versa.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
You choose Online Play, you choose Friends, you choose the friend that is online in-game, you race with them.

Alternatively you can set up a Vs. room and have them come to you, and vice versa.
Say someone chooses me to play Online, do I get an invite, do I get a pop-up message or how do I either accept or decline playing with them?

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
Technology Crazy
lol
When you think about it, it's pretty crazy.

Yeah it's been a while that online has been a thing in videogames but still. I remember playing MK8 online on the WiiU with a long time friend I had been playing the original MK back in the day and it did elicit that kind of feeling. Even though I work in IT and have somewhat a grasp of what's going on behind it.

Status
Not open for further replies.