• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017

What's up, Arizona-Era? We had quite a following on the older site, so why not continue it here? Go ahead and introduce yourself, whether you're a native, long term resident, or just a visitor wanting to know more about this wonderful (yet sometimes maddening) state.

Deleted member 7130

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dude, you made this thread @ 2AM. I went to bed an hour earlier. I only saw this now because I checked on the AZ hot as hell thread. šŸ¤£

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
None of my cars that work have AC. I'm hating life this time of year. When I for work this morning around 8:15 it was already over 90.

OP
OP

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
I've gotten used to it. I've spent the majority of summers without AC. Hopefully next weekend I'll have it fixed in one car, just need to see when my friend is free since he has all the equipment. I think AC is probably the only car related repair I don't really know how to do on my own.

I don't know how to do any car repair.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone go to Little Miss BBQ? I finally had it and I see the hype but man, waiting outside sucks ass.

OP
OP

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone go to Little Miss BBQ? I finally had it and I see the hype but man, waiting outside sucks ass.

I want to check it out. It's Central Texas BBQ and one of the people who runs it is from Austin (so you ain't gettin' some shitty knockoff made my somebody who doesn't understand it), so it sounds right up my alley.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
I want to check it out. It's Central Texas BBQ and one of the people who runs it is from Austin (so you ain't gettin' some shitty knockoff made my somebody who doesn't understand it), so it sounds right up my alley.
It's weird the BBQ scene is here, I tried 3 places before Miss and the only one that stood out was Trap House.

Deleted member 7130

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
JalapeƱo Bucks is a remote little spot in Mesa with mighty good bbq. They're in between citrus fields and everyone seems to stop there for lunch. EMTs, firefighters, cops, construction. They give me free pork sammiches when I deliver there and I don't even care if I'm running behind. I gotta eat that goddamn sandwich. It's soooooo fucking good!

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
JalapeƱo Bucks is a remote little spot in Mesa with mighty good bbq. They're in between citrus fields and everyone seems to stop there for lunch. EMTs, firefighters, cops, construction. They give me free pork sammiches when I deliver there and I don't even care if I'm running behind. I gotta eat that goddamn sandwich. It's soooooo fucking good!

I live like 3 miles from there and used to drive by every day for years and didn't know that was there. I though that whole place just sold oranges or something.

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Haven't been posting that much on Era the last month due to moving (locally) but things are settling down now and now I see we have an AZ OT. Nice!

I've lived in AZ basically my entire life, save for a few years in Texas as a child. As such, I don't so much mind this time of year - I'm okay with the weather until we get to about 115 and then that's a bit hot for me.

I drove by that place hundreds of times before finally going with my sister late last year. It was a mixed bag for me. I think I got one of the burritos... with red sauce, I think. It wasn't great - way too runny, so it fell apart too easy and there was way too much cheese in it.

On the other hand, they had a special, which was a peanut butter and jelly brisket sandwich, which was excellent! Such a unique combo of flavors but it was really "heavy"... I ended up just splitting it with my sister.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
Nice and rainy in the EV atm

edit: dat thunder and lightning

Last edited:

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
So I dunno if this is OT worthy but Ducey just elected Bill Montgomery to the AZ Supreme Court and he's somehow still the County Attorney of Maricopa?

Ducey rigged the court to do this.

OP
OP

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
Jesus christ I fucking hate the people in this state sometimes...

CthulhuSars

Oct 25, 2017
So I dunno if this is OT worthy but Ducey just elected Bill Montgomery to the AZ Supreme Court and he's somehow still the County Attorney of Maricopa?

Ducey rigged the court to do this.

This is not true. Allister Adel is the new County Attorney and happens to be the first female to hold that position as well.

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
What's up everyone? Phoenician checking in! Looks like we're gonna get some rain this Christmas. I'm driving up to the cottonwood area tomorrow, really hoping there isn't snow.

BTW, 202 south mountain is open and it's super nice! No more taking baseline from Lavern to get to the tuke.

bye

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
What's up everyone? Phoenician checking in! Looks like we're gonna get some rain this Christmas. I'm driving up to the cottonwood area tomorrow, really hoping there isn't snow.

BTW, 202 south mountain is open and it's super nice! No more taking baseline from Lavern to get to the tuke.

love the 202. it doesn't really help getting to parts of south Phoenix faster but getting to laveen now is great

OP
OP

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
LMAO. I can't believe some people are bitching about the rain we're getting. There is never such a thing as too much rain here, jesus christ.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
I'm cool with it, I just hate it when cars splashed on me on my way to getting gifts.

OP
OP

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
I couldn't find a decent place to watch the Super Bowl this year. There just isn't a public realm here.

Oh wait, I went to Westgate and Desert Ridge.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
I only go to there for Cards games LUL and Yotes games and by then I get tired.

OP
OP

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
Scottsdale is having first world problems again :P

CthulhuSars

Oct 25, 2017
Scottsdale is having first world problems again :P

I can never wrap my head around Scottsdale city planning in general. They always get dragged kicking and screaming to do shit and then when the revenue kicks it everyone acts like there was never an issue in the first place. Actually that generalization can be used for pretty much all of the metro area city. Things have always been assbackwards when it comes to development in Arizona.

OP
OP

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
I can never wrap my head around Scottsdale city planning in general. They always get dragged kicking and screaming to do shit and then when the revenue kicks it everyone acts like there was never an issue in the first place. Actually that generalization can be used for pretty much all of the metro area city. Things have always been assbackwards when it comes to development in Arizona.

Phoenix's real estate industry is pretty much all we got, well that and tourism. This whole region is all about selling out the Valley for real estate and tourism.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
It's something when your state is shown on 2 different Friday Night Mystery shows in 2 different cases as the main setting.

OP
OP

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
It's going to be 87 degrees on Friday.

Here we go.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Next month it will be time for my yearly charge up the AC on the car and hope it lasts through October. At least below 90Ā°F with the windows down in manageable.