• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
pic_1128807927_6.jpg
I was thinking the same thing. Inuyasha somehow managed to get harder to watch.

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pissed that they use the halls of government as some fucking frat house and they get to pay off the victims with no accountability it's no different in fact it's worse than the entertainment scandals. That's our money and trust down the gutter. Expose them all. They knew this was coming and it's long over due. They have been fucking with women's right for so long and it's time they get payback.

Usagi

Oct 25, 2017
Hope it's a taped vid of him having sex with a man while discussing the pros of abortion and immigrants rights.
Speaking of GOP and men...

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...er-faces-calls-to-resign-after-calling-fellow

A Republican state lawmaker in Pennsylvania is reportedly facing calls to resign after lashing out and insinuating a Democratic colleague who touched his arm during a meeting might be gay.

"Look. I'm a heterosexual. I have a wife. I love my wife. I don't like men as you might, but stop touching me all the time," Rep. Daryl Metcalfe said Tuesday after Rep. Matt Bradford placed his hand on Metcalfe's forearm.

"Keep your hands to yourself. If you want to touch somebody, you have people on your side of the aisle who might like it. I don't," he said.

Brakke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That statement... two brief sentences on how it's important to believe women, then a big ole rant about how evil and unfair media is. Some priorities.

I'm pissed that they use the halls of government as some fucking frat house

What frat houses are you hanging out in where the brothers are trying to get kids...

Oct 26, 2017
Asking female coworkers to be a surrogate? That's a new one.

Speaking of GOP and men...

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...er-faces-calls-to-resign-after-calling-fellow

A Republican state lawmaker in Pennsylvania is reportedly facing calls to resign after lashing out and insinuating a Democratic colleague who touched his arm during a meeting might be gay.

"Look. I'm a heterosexual. I have a wife. I love my wife. I don't like men as you might, but stop touching me all the time," Rep. Daryl Metcalfe said Tuesday after Rep. Matt Bradford placed his hand on Metcalfe's forearm.

"Keep your hands to yourself. If you want to touch somebody, you have people on your side of the aisle who might like it. I don't," he said.

""I'm the straightest straight man ever. I definitely love having sex with my wife. I don't even look at other men because I am so hetero.""

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
Man I wonder what stories Pence is hiding he can't even be left alone with women unless mother is there too.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
YOU SAT ON THIS FOR A WEEK, RYAN?

Ryan actually followed protocol to the letter it seems. Setting himself up for that presidential turn. >_>

Sounds like he not only sexually propositioned several staffers, but that there was some form of retaliation. The "it was a misunderstood religious rite" spin is as classless as can be.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
There have been sexual harassment claims that have surprised me, but this is the first that just baffled me.
Like... what? Maybe he thought he was closer to those female staffers than he thought, or for whatever reason thought it was ok to bring up? And just asking I feel wasn't enough to warrant leaving. Republicans could have easily weathered it. There has to be something more going on with regards to the way he acted that we're not being told.

Deleted member 11157

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There have been sexual harassment claims that have surprised me, but this is the first that just baffled me.
Like... what? Maybe he thought he was closer to those female staffers than he thought, or for whatever reason thought it was ok to bring up? And just asking I feel wasn't enough to warrant leaving. Republicans could have easily weathered it. There has to be something more going on with regards to the way he acted that we're not being told.
He's using his wife and their inability to conceive as a shield from criticism and a point of relation. He's defninitely hiding something more sinister.

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is so bizarre. I'm sure this isn't the full scoop, this one is going to get really strange. That's what I'm assuming, at least.

I mean talking surrogacy is a bit strange, but I don't believe it's anything to resign over? Context matters. I'm curious to see where this goes.

Also: Good riddance, dude is a fucking clown.

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
This is so bizarre. I'm sure this isn't the full scoop, this one is going to get really strange. That's what I'm assuming, at least.

I mean talking surrogacy is a bit strange, but I don't believe it's anything to resign over? Context matters. I'm curious to see where this goes.

Also: Good riddance, dude is a fucking clown.

"Pro-life" surrogacy = no IVF = I'm raw dogging you with my actual penis, sweetheart. You down?

Deleted member 6949

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's like you can't even fuck a baby into your subordinates anymore. This country is seriously in decline.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is that comfirmed or alleged somewhere or are you assuming it?
The pro-life part actually makes sense in context (surrogacy process normally destroys embyos at multiple stages.) However, specifying that the prior surrogates weren't genetically related is really weird considering that's going to always be the case unless the surrogate is a family member.

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The pro-life part actually makes sense in context (surrogacy process normally destroys embyos at multiple stages.) However, specifying that the prior surrogates weren't genetically related is really weird considering that's going to always be the case unless the surrogate is a family member.

I do realize it's technically not surrogacy but the whole thing smells suspicious.

He also shared details about the difficulties he and his wife had had conceiving a child, including three miscarriages and two failed attempts to adopt a child before a "wonderful and loving lady" acted as a gestational surrogate for their twins. He said the process was a "pro-life approach that did not discard or throw away any embryos".

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...ngress-trent-franks-resigns-sexual-misconduct

Why on earth would this be as bad as they are treating it if it were normal. It's certainly not appropriate to ask staffers to consider being (normal) surrogates but it's also really, really hard to imagine a Republican resigning over that and that alone.

Then again he might just be lying about no embryos having been destroyed.

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Also, on what planet is it difficult for two wealthy white "traditional" married people to adopt? That doesn't make sense either.

Brakke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"Pro-life" surrogacy = no IVF = I'm raw dogging you with my actual penis, sweetheart. You down?

This makes for the juicier story for sure, but even if we take him at his word, it's wildly inappropriate.

Very much objectifying, exerting undue influence on subordinates to subjugate their bodies to his desires, etc.

Deleted member 11157

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I do realize it's technically not surrogacy but the whole thing smells suspicious.

Why on earth would this be as bad as they are treating it if it were normal. It's certainly not appropriate to ask staffers to consider being (normal) surrogates but it's also really, really hard to imagine a Republican resigning over that and that alone.

Then again he might just be lying about no embryos having been destroyed.
Probably insisted on eating the unused embryos. I'd be surprised, but not too surprised.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah this story so far sounds like "he discussed using surrogates" which in itself isn't THAT bad, definitely not "quickly resign before the news gets out" or "Ryan of all fucking people pushed this through Ethics" bad. I definitely also think there's something more, either he suggested to the people he was talking to that they should be surrogates which would be real bad or his "pro-life" surrogacy is raw dogging.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
20 bucks there is a text message with a variant of "Girl you looking good, I want to get you pregnant"

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah this story so far sounds like "he discussed using surrogates" which in itself isn't THAT bad, definitely not "quickly resign before the news gets out" or "Ryan of all fucking people pushed this through Ethics" bad. I definitely also think there's something more, either he suggested to the people he was talking to that they should be surrogates which would be real bad or his "pro-life" surrogacy is raw dogging.

It's definitely raw dogging.

OP
OP
MrRob

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Exactly. It's inappropriate definitely, but enough to make a House GOP member step down ahead of allegations coming out? No way

There is almost certainly more to the story. Keep in mind that we have only heard his side of the story so far. The only thing out as of now his the statement crafted by him. Even in that statement he alludes to there being more to it with this line about the media creating "Distorted and sensationalized versions of this story....."

devilhawk

Oct 27, 2017
The only thing I can ascertain about "pro-life surrogacy" is if the couple and surrogate agree to not to undergo multifetal pregnancy reduction. Apparently, since twins, triplets, etc. are common in IVF and reducing the number to a single or double fetus is sometimes done.

But it could also be he just wanted to have sex with them.

LOCK

Oct 25, 2017
Good. Higher standards are needed all through government.

I hope more are exposed and got rid of.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No way this guy resigned and is hiding from the ethics committee because he asked someone to be a surrogate

Deleted member 2533

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is spin. Feels like spin. It's inappropriate, but I definitely feel like it could just be a "sensitivity training" moment if it were just him going, "my wife and I want another child, but cannot conceive and have been asking people in our lives who we trust and think are good people if they are willing to be a surrogate."

FeliciaFelix

Oct 27, 2017
Twenty bucks that surrogacy talk was actual bizarro sex act out of "Handmaiden's Tale". Chanting and praying may be involved.