• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I'd take a Dark Messiah remake/remaster, for all consoles of course. Played the Dishonored games on PS4, so i'm not that interested in a port of those games. But Dark Messiah ... that would be neat.

But with Ubisoft having the M&M rights, i doubt this can happen...

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
That sure sounds like something Dishonored! A port of the first one would be sweet

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
I'd take a Dark Messiah remake/remaster, for all consoles of course. Played the Dishonored games on PS4, so i'm not that interested in a port of those games. But Dark Messiah ... that would be neat.

Yeah the physics of this game was so fun ! This game was something special. I loved the structure of the game. (But not a fan of some mid-game levels.)

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah if Zenimax owns Arkane now I don't see Ubisoft contracting them for anything Might and Magic. Sadly.

OP
OP
mutantmagnet

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
Dishonored 2 and Dishonored Death of the Outsider ?
They don't have made that much games, 6 games. 3 are Dishonored games.

I was thinking of saying Dishonored notwithstanding because it was the only game to get any sequels but I sort of implied it by saying mostly. My actual mistake was not considering that 2 of their games are sequels to ip they don't own which might be the biggest reason for their number of unique titles.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
I was thinking of saying Dishonored notwithstanding because it was the only game to get any sequels but I sort of implied it by saying mostly. My actual mistake was not considering that 2 of their games are sequels to ip they don't own which might be the biggest reason for their number of unique titles.
True ^^
I think a Prey sequel could be likely. But a new IP also is, of course.

HyGogg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like if they were porting one of their old games (and Dishonored 1 is the only one I'd consider a possibility), they would job it out to another dev. More likely they're tinkering with multiplat for their next game.

Hopefully that means they're building on idTech 6 this time. Dishonored 2's mutant idTech 5 implementation wasn't well optimized, but idTech 6 is both beautiful and very Switch friendly.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
I'd buy all of Arkane's games on Switch again. With joy!

dooeeti9f8q.jpg

Last edited:

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
Outside of maybe Fallout: NV, Dishonored is the Bethesda port/series I've thought would do very well on Switch. Are there even any other non-indie stealth games on Switch?

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Given how Dishonored 2 and Prey performed, I expect their next game to be neither franchise.

But then, this is the publisher giving us RAGE 2, so anything is possible I suppose.

Oct 26, 2017
Dishonored 2 did not sell well at all so a several years late port of that would be bizarre.

Maybe they'll add a Switch SKU to their next game.

Oct 27, 2017
yea that always seemed like such a no-brainer to be the companion to/while-we-wait-for Metroid Prime 4 and let it stand out on the platform in the meantime.

It's CryEngine though, which is only in its earliest stages of support for Switch. And considering it's Bethesda's only game that uses it (and it's not an internal engine like idTech), I don't think they'd want to undertake the significant work required to port it themselves.

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
I would be happy with Prey - not because of the comparisons to Metroid Prime (I didn't even know it was compared to MP) but because of the comparisons to System Shock, one of my favorites back in my PC days.

Aaaand I just saw the post above mine. Well, Prey 2 then. :-)

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Oh, missed this, but nice to see them seemingly adding Switch to their development pipeline!
I really doubt they're hiring for a port regardless, it's probably to add a Switch SKU to their next project.
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking as well. They aren't due for a new game until like 2020 or later what with Prey releasing last year. At that point, the Switch should have been easily included in the pipeline, assuming they want to include the Switch (for which this listing suggests they do).