• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yea because he quickly moved his hand out of frame, guessing the cop freaked out and assumed the worse.

motherfucker, if you instruct someone to turn off the car, what do you expect him to do?? turn it off with his mind?!

of course he moved his hands to turn the car off, and the cop used the oportunity to scream "he got a gun!"

I agree. The filming defence works for the first part "hes got a gun" fine keep your hands up but after that he should have explained to the cop that he was going to turn off the ignition and defuse the situation. Instead of waiting to be pulled from the vehicle while the car was running.

wat, of course he is moving to turn off the car the cop just told him to

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Shitty ass cop is shitty but can't shake the feeling this guy filming only made things worse. I dunno how I would've reacted but it wouldn't be like that.

Still, shitty cop.
Made things worse how? He didn't move his hands because he was scared that if he moved them then he would be killed and the cop would lie and said he was reaching for a gun. He kept his hands in clear view so this couldn't happen.

The cop, at no point in time, tried to make the situation better. It's all thanks to the guy that this didn't end up with him being another statistic.

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
You're right but that's not the reality. If you have a shitty bloodthirsty cop in front of you you should try to deescalate and this kid did none of that and put his life even more at risk for it.

Of course it shouldn't have to be like that but it is what it is.
What are you talking about? The dude asked the Cop what he did wrong, like most would. Cop doesn't tell him anything just to shut the car off. Dude goes to do that and then we have the gun fuckery. If I were the kid in the car I would be scared shitless to move my hands after that bullshit because who knows what theyd do to me. From the RIP it was the officer that boosted the situation.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I agree. The filming defence works for the first part "hes got a gun" fine keep your hands up but after that he should have explained to the cop that he was going to turn off the ignition and defuse the situation. Instead of waiting to be pulled from the vehicle while the car was running.
That's my opinion. The cop was wrong in the first place and the kid opting to film all of this was a smart move but to continue to talk shit back to a cop pointing a gun at you is never a good decision.

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
have you seen that video of that guy on his knees crying trying to do everything the cop told him to do and then they shot him anyway lol

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
Turn off your car
Also dont move your hands
Open your car door
Also let me see your hands
Get on the ground
Also keep your hands in the air
He's got a gun
Also guns are legal without a permit in Arkansas

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
That's my opinion. The cop was wrong in the first place and the kid opting to film all of this was a smart move but continue to talk shit back to a cop pointing a gun at you is not a good decision ever.

the cop show his intentions the moment he started to comply and turn the car off just for the cop to scream "he got a gun"

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
If the guy goes to turn off his car, he's getting shot. Choosing to keep his hands in the air while filming saved him here.

Conciliator

Oct 25, 2017

A young black man being terrified that a cop with a gun pointed sideways at this head screaming falsely "He's got a gun!" will come up with any excuse to shoot him is a completely reasonable response. Philando Castile complied and died

Oct 27, 2017
The second his hands went outta sight, his fucking head was getting blown off.

What exactly was the safe move here? He's immediately yelling "HE'S GOTTA GUN!" when his hands are in plain view, the second they're not "He was reaching for it man, feared for my life". Putting his hands back in the car was a near guaranteed death sentence. This was his best chance at not getting unloaded on.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
If you believe that, then why did he repeatedly refuse to turn the ignition off even in front of the other cop right there watching?
Because if he moved his hand then he would possibly be shot. This guy did the right thing by keeping his hands outside the car so the situation that the cop tried to create couldn't work.

He didn't "refuse" to turn off the ignition for shits and giggles, he did it so he wouldn't die.

You're asking for this guy to rub his belly, pat his head, do his taxes, solve global warming and do an open heart surgery all while he has a gun pointed at him, a cop is screaming that he has a gun, and if he fails he's shot.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry, but that's a carny ass bullshit response. The asshole in question yelled "GUN." At that point, when you have a guy, who is armed, and is clearly looking for justification to unload a magazine and a half in your face, would you do anything else that could put your life at risk? Why?

He was already threatened with instant death by complying with demands; saying anything and moving his hands would've gotten him killed regardless.

Regardless.

There was no other correct move other than throwing his arms up and remaining fixed in place while calling for other officers to turn off the car and to open the door.

Anything else would've ended in an unnecessarily early funeral and paid administrative vacation.

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not disputing that. Its the reaction he had for the rest of the video I have an issue with.

I'm confused, you want the person held at gun point who has been told if he moves his hands he will be shot to put his hands back in his vehicle the cop accused him of having a gun inside and reach for the stick to put it in park and the ignition?

Ada

Nov 28, 2017
have you seen that video of that guy on his knees crying trying to do everything the cop told him to do and then they shot him anyway lol
Yes and that was a clean cut cop in the wrong. This event I feel is different. The cop was wrong to say he had a gun and the guy driving used that as an excuse to refuse to comply to any further instruction.

Uno Venova

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you believe that, then why did he repeatedly refuse to turn the ignition off even in front of the other cop right there watching?
What does the other cop watching have to do with it? You think they won't just all watch him execute this man and then cover for their partner?

Conciliator

Oct 25, 2017
Ada said:
Yes and that was a clean cut cop in the wrong. This event I feel is different. The cop was wrong to say he had a gun and the guy driving used that as an excuse to refuse to comply to any further instruction.

That's not "whoops I made a mistake." That's the difference between someone living or dying for no reason

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
Others are saying things apparently happened differently but truth is on that video we can't clearly see what the kid was doing with his hands other than hold a phone.
Holy shit yall are some dumb mother fuckers. The Cop is standing at the door with a fucking flashlight. He sees exactly what he's doing with his hands. The dude is holding the phone in his Right hand and his left hand is right by the window. The cop gives him the order and he has to reach with his left to get to the ignition. Are yall blind?

How is it that civilians need to know better protocol for dealing with Law enforcement than Law enforcement with civilians?

Oct 25, 2017
He 1000% was gonna shoot this nigga if he put the whip in park.

Holy shit.
Yeah, man was ready to kill him im
Shitty ass cop is shitty but can't shake the feeling this guy filming only made things worse. I dunno how I would've reacted but it wouldn't be like that.

Still, shitty cop.
giphy.webp

Some of you would excuse anything, ffs.

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
nah man, the guy driving is aware of decades of American cops looking for any excuse to murder black people, and almost always go unpunished and unconvicted. This kid new what's up, that cop would have shot him for sure if he reached in to put the car in park and shut off the ignition.

phazedplasma

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ACAB

That cop wanted to shoot that kid so bad.

He said "hes got a gun" like he was trained to say that before pulling the trigger.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I'd be the dumb mothafucka that would actually reach to turn off the car and end up with a full clip of bullets inside of me. Then someone on ERA would be, like, "he should've defused the situation."

ibyea

Oct 25, 2017
You are a naive fool and if you were in his place complying to his order, you would have died.

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
I hope that dude's alright and free.

I hope that pig doesn't have family at home that he definitely also takes this anger out on.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
What it say about police and this officer in particular that none of the other cops seem to react when he says "He's got a gun!"?

Allforce

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why the fuck are cops so freaked out that any old (black) person in a car they pull over is just going to start firing off rounds at them? I want to know just how often that really happens in this country. We should be hearing about cops being murdered multiple times a day during routine traffic stops by the way they react to these situations.

"OH WELL THEY GOTTA ASSUME THE WORST". The worst is statistically improbable. You'd be just as safe walking up with a bear trap because "he could have a bear in there!"

Ms. Virion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Frozen Hoosier Wasteland

You're right, it was clearly just a misunderstanding. Happens to the best of us. I'm sure they'd have laughed it off later.

And by they I mean the cops while standing around the guy's body.

Oct 28, 2017
When he screamed, "Gun, he's got a gun," I was amazed that the rest of the cops on the scene didn't rush over with their guns drawn.