• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
Shitty ass cop is shitty but can't shake the feeling this guy filming only made things worse. I dunno how I would've reacted but it wouldn't be like that.

Still, shitty cop.
What the fuck with this bullshit. had this guy not filmed this occurence you wouldn't even know about it, unless the cop killed the guy (then maybe, MAYBE you would have seen the body cam footage years later) . People (mainly Black people) have been killed for less than this guy was doing. him filming and NOT complying with this cop's orders likely saved his life. Not to mention cops with Body cams doctor and obscure cameras all the time, or delay their release until months, if not years after they are considered relevant. I feel like it should be protocol now for any person to turn on Facebook live and start streaming for any traffic stop in America.

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
But I thought we had the freedom(!) to have guns 🤔 maybe the cop never heard of the 2nd amendment. That must be it

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
I'd be the dumb mothafucka that would actually reach to turn off the car and end up with a full clip of bullets inside of me. Then someone on ERA would be, like, "he should've defused the situation."
And then someone would've gotten the most aggressive picture off of your instagram to promote you across all of media even though your hobby is skipping in fields of lillys or some shit in order to portray you as some vicious monster who deserved to be shot while all the while ignoring the fact that said cop has had several infractions in the past that were clear and obvious indicators that they were a piece of shit who shouldn't have been a cop longer than it takes to take an actual shit.

Then they'd move to another county and continue like nothing happens.

But no, you turning off the car is ultimately the issue, not everything else that's fucked up.

Oct 27, 2017
What it say about police and this officer in particular that none of the other cops seem to react when he says "He's got a gun!"?
Exactly. For fuck sake, it's so transparently covering himself because after all, he's "recording too".

There's no question what the cop was trying to do here, and those of you defending are just as fucked.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
Yes and that was a clean cut cop in the wrong. This event I feel is different. The cop was wrong to say he had a gun and the guy driving used that as an excuse to refuse to comply to any further instruction.

Reminder that up till the point they physical restrain him, the cop is aiming his gun on the guy in the car.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
... How is there even debate on this?
I don't want people to misunderstand me. I'm not debating the cop wasnt wrong here. All I'm saying is that the kid continuing to smack talk back at the cop pointing a gun at his head might not have been the best decision under said horrible circumstance. A circumstance that shouldn't have happened in the first place, but talking shit at a cop, dirty or not, will never help you. That's all.

That cop deserves to be fired and put on trial.

Oct 26, 2017
Another racist cop trying to murder another black man.
Thank god he was streaming all of it. Cop needs to get fired and charged for attempted murder.

Oct 25, 2017
Man was about to killed for NO FUCKING REASON and you still have two bit pricks trying to argue about his behaviour and how ''hE cOUlD hAve aVoiDeD tHiS".
Man alive, we'll never get passed this.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I love that people are putting it on civilians with how to act around police so they don't murder you.

iUwFU8I.jpg

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I though the video was live streamed. How would they cover the killing?

...we have fucking video footage from other murders by police officers and all they got was a slap on the wrist and paid administrative leave. I bet you even if he was killed live, they'd still find a way to say it wasn't their fault and that he indeed had a gun.

Get that naive act out of here.

Oct 27, 2017
Can't believe I'm seeing some people in this thread excuse this shit. Innocent civilian's shouldn't have to walk on egg shells in the presence of law enforcement. It's not our fault they're trigger happy scum.

Nov 30, 2017
He did the best thing he could do not listen to the cop and not resist arresting. He should have just said cuff me I'm willing to go freely so they can't charge him with resisting arrest as well.

But I don't know how bad the court system is down there if they are just as racist as cops are
or not. They didn't even read him his rights. That shit would get thrown out of court in Canada. Even if the guy was guilty.

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's not "whoops I made a mistake." That's the difference between someone living or dying for no reason

For fucking real. The hand wringing about him "escalating" the situation? Dude recognized the cop was willing to shoot him from the get-go. I would legit be terrified of not showing them my hands or doing something that could be construed as "reaching" for a "gun" that doesn't exist.

GTFO out of here with these copified "be civil and respectful plz" takes.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
Shitty ass cop is shitty but can't shake the feeling this guy filming only made things worse. I dunno how I would've reacted but it wouldn't be like that.

Still, shitty cop.

This is some crazy take. Its a near roundabout way of blaming the victim. Can you imagine the potential outcome if he wasn't filming? The cop was power tripping and looking for an excuse.

Uno Venova

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't want people to misunderstand me. I'm not debating the cop was wrong here. All I'm saying is that the kid continuing to smack talk back at the cop pointing a gun at his head might not have been the best decision under said horrible circumstance. A circumstance that shouldn't have happened in the first place, but talking shit at a cop, dirty or not, will never help you. That's all.

That cop deserves to be fired and put on trial.
What quotes specifically are talking smack though? How was he disrespectful to the man pointing a gun at him?

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
All I'm saying is that the kid continuing to smack talk back at the cop pointing a gun at his head might not have been the best decision under said horrible circumstance.
There is no best decision to make in these circumstances.

Black people get shot for every excuse, every demeanor, every action.

Maybe put some of that energy worrying about the brother's attitude towards rectifying the fact that we have to act like cops are fucking rabid bears and be responsible for "diffusing" supposedly trained professionals.

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
I would also have trouble following instruction after being directly lied to. What do you want me to? Sounds like you want to put me in a position to pin the whole thing on me and then shoot me. Bad cop, no donut.

Bad_Boy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ada you have got to trolling. How can you be so dense. If that guy moved to turn his car off it would have been the cops "i feared for my life moment". Driver would of just been another stat without filming and not moving his hands.

Earthstrike

Oct 28, 2017
I though the video was live streamed. How would they cover the killing?

The cops don't necessarily know that it's livestreamed. Cops have attempted to destroy video evidence before. Additionally, your take that he should've explained he is putting it into park is fucking stupid. The cop shouted gun when the guy didn't have one. From this, we know the cop is lying. Why in god's fucking name would you trust someone who just lied about something that could put you in a life threatening situation?

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
Yea because he quickly moved his hand out of frame, guessing the cop freaked out and assumed the worse.
The cop literally told him to shut his car off and when he tried to the cop screamed GUN, which is what police officers do before they shoot someone. That's why he didn't move to shut his car off from that point and decided to just show his hands the entire time.

Oct 25, 2017
Remember black people, be civil and courteous to those who want us dead for no reason.
The only thing standing between you and a pig wanting you dead is good behaviour, always be nice to the pig and you may yet live.
/s

Fuck that cop but nope, that "acab" mentality is idiotic and destructive. I cringe whenever I see that shit sprayed on somewhere, usually by some soccer hooligans.

Edit: Germany here, btw. We probably have a better good-cop-ratio than you but still.
Not even from the States myself, but I'm not arguing with you here. ACAB, think of that what you will.

Oct 27, 2017
In a country where anyone can legally buy a fucking gun in any Walmart? Nah man, that doesn't work.

Cops can get away with not using guns in countries with proper gun laws but not in the US. Fix that shit first before you could ever fantasize about gun-less cops.
People are fixing it, by recording pigs so they can't execute them for bullshit and fuckery.

DonMigs85

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
minorities should have Facebook live enabled in all such interactions. Can't count on their body cams anyway

Blackflag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yes and that was a clean cut cop in the wrong. This event I feel is different. The cop was wrong to say he had a gun and the guy driving used that as an excuse to refuse to comply to any further instruction.

Right...he used it as an excuse. It couldn't be that young dude was terrified for his life.

There are recent videos of cops telling suspects to do something and when they comply with exactly what they were told to do they were killed on camera or did you miss those?

FusionNY

Oct 25, 2017
Aztec and Ada are fucking buggin right now. How can both of you acknowledge that this pig tried to splatter this dude's brains for complying with his orders, yet sit here and try to both sides this fuckry. Ya some fucking clowns.

Mr. X

Oct 25, 2017
Ada you do realize that "he has a gun" and then on trial "i feared for my life" works 99% of the time.

There's at least 3 videos I can think of off the top of my head with black men complying and getting shot anyway. You want them?

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
I'm half impressed the 'he's got a gun!' wasn't immediately followed by a hail of bullets.
I can only imagine what went through the dudes head and heart at that moment. He must have nerves of steel because I would freaked the fuck out and got killed. And people here want him to try and deescalate the situation after that lol. Okay. Lemme just do your job while you point a gun at my head.

I'd be the dumb mothafucka that would actually reach to turn off the car and end up with a full clip of bullets inside of me. Then someone on ERA would be, like, "he should've defused the situation."
You and me both. It's a fucked up world we live in when complying with an officer's demands is a 50/50 coinflip for whether you live or not.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
Shouting out 'He's got a gun' when that is provably false should be a criminal offense.

Aiming a gun at someone while barking out contradictory demands should be a criminal offense.

Removing someone from a phone they are using to record an arrest should be a criminal offense.

Listening to orders is no guarantee you won't get killed. Acting against orders might be the only way to save your life. It's fucked.

Oct 25, 2017
holy fuck people unironically defending the cop in this video

fucking yikes

i find the 'acab' stuff beyond cringey but there's no way you can watch the video and think the cop was in the right here

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Some people have video evidence and are still in here defending this cop.

Simply astounding in the worst way possible.

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
JFC that moment when he yells out "He has a gun."

Imagine dying just because some racist, panicky, dumbshit motherfucker couldnt do the job he was getting paid to. Its terrifying to thing this pos is gonna be out patrolling the next day.