• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Did I take the cop's side? For fucks sake I called him shitty, twice. I'm saying that in a bad situation the kid put his life at risk even more by responding like that to a cop pointing a fucking gun at you.

Others are saying things apparently happened differently but truth is on that video we can't clearly see what the kid was doing with his hands other than hold a phone.
There is nothing that this man could do to appease the officer. The cop wanted violence from the start. Filming this saved his life.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Police said they found a gun in the back of the car, which Truitt never denied having with him.

Truitt said the gun wasn't in his reach, and officers had nothing to worry about.

Geist 6one7

Oct 29, 2017
MASS
I'm sure the cop will be on paid leave by the end of the week only to be quietly reinstated when we stop paying attention.

Bad_Boy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just know my black ass would have been swiss cheese if i reached to turn the car off.

Watching the first 15 seconds of this video made my heart rate go up.

Oct 27, 2017
Shouting out 'He's got a gun' when that is provably false should be a criminal offense.

Aiming a gun at someone while barking out contradictory demands should be a criminal offense.

Removing someone from a phone they are using to record an arrest should be a criminal offense.

Listening to orders is no guarantee you won't get killed. Acting against orders might be the only way to save your life. It's fucked.
For these to happen cops would have to have accountability and have to answer for their actions, and that is just not going to happen in the USA.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There is no best decision to make in these circumstances.

Black people get shot for every excuse, every demeanor, every action.

Maybe put some of that energy worrying about the brother's attitude towards rectifying the fact that we have to act like cops are fucking rabid bears and be responsible for "diffusing" supposedly trained professionals.
I agree with you 100% on all you said, and it shouldn't be in the civilian to defuse the situation! Of course some cops use every excuse to kill African Americans! But if there's a slight chance something can be done to better your chances, if ever so slightly, in your favor of not provoking the cop and shoot you then I'd take it. Talking back at the asshole with the gun pointing at you I don't think helps in that department. That's all I'm saying. I'm there with you calling out this asshole!

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
Police said they found a gun in the back of the car, which Truitt never denied having with him.

Truitt said the gun wasn't in his reach, and officers had nothing to worry about.

They argue out of one side of their mouths: "the right to bear arms shall not be infringed blah blah blah"

They argue out the other side of their mouths: "well, of course he got shot, he had a gun!"

TrafficCoen

The Fallen
Feb 22, 2019
IF HE REACHES TO TURN OFF THE IGNITION THAT'S ALL THE COP NEEDS TO JUSTIFY A "I thought he was reaching for a gun" DEFENSE

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
I agree with you 100% on all you said, and it shouldn't be in the civilian to defuse the situation! Of course some cops use every excuse to kill African Americans! But if there's a slight chance something can be done to better your chances, if ever so slightly, in your favor of not provoking the cop and shoot you then I'd take it. Talking back at the asshole with the gun pointing at you I don't think helps in that department. That's all I'm saying. I'm there with you calling out this asshole!
You're helping like Alyssa Milano is helping.

All you're doing is putting the burden on the people getting shot and not the people doing the shooting. Whatever your intent is, your words are counterproductive.

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
IF HE REACHES TO TURN OFF THE IGNITION THAT'S ALL THE COP NEEDS TO JUSTIFY A "I thought he was reaching for a gun" DEFENSE

Like two years ago some dude got shot while reaching for his ID IMMEDIATELY after... Being asked to reach for his ID. Like no reaction delay, just "I need to see your ID, OH SHIT MOVEMENT SHOOT."

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Are some people in here really trying to say the civilian was in the wrong here? He wasn't being antagonistic towards the officer. He was making sure he didn't get killed. And it sounds like this was about being asked to leave private property? How is a cop that amped up about fucking loitering? Jeez.

D i Z

Oct 25, 2017
Where X marks the spot.
I don't want people to misunderstand me. I'm not debating the cop wasnt wrong here. All I'm saying is that the kid continuing to smack talk back at the cop pointing a gun at his head might not have been the best decision under said horrible circumstance. A circumstance that shouldn't have happened in the first place, but talking shit at a cop, dirty or not, will never help you. That's all.

That cop deserves to be fired and put on trial.

Yo, you are on crack. That dialogue saved him and his passengers lives. He had the tools that would get him dragged out off the car, but nobody got shot.

Last edited:

TheOMan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit yall are some dumb mother fuckers. The Cop is standing at the door with a fucking flashlight. He sees exactly what he's doing with his hands. The dude is holding the phone in his Right hand and his left hand is right by the window. The cop gives him the order and he has to reach with his left to get to the ignition. Are yall blind?

How is it that civilians need to know better protocol for dealing with Law enforcement than Law enforcement with civilians?

This right here is why anybody saying "Oh he should have de-escalated with the police" needs to have their head examined. Should be bannable by now to say that rubbish with a straight face.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shitty ass cop is shitty but can't shake the feeling this guy filming only made things worse. I dunno how I would've reacted but it wouldn't be like that.

Still, shitty cop.

You might be more likely to get shot that way. Assuming you're black. The guy filming probably saved his life from this racist piece of shit cop

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017

Good thing he didn't try to explain that while the officer had a gun pointed at him. You can't say the second half of "There's a gun on the backseat" faster than a bullet.

Oct 25, 2017
You basically rolled up in the thread on some weird fuck shit about how the dude didn't handle the potentially deadly situation with a motherfucker clearly looking to light his ass up the "right" way. Your entire comment chain in this thread is fucking sketch as hell and comes across like offering a lame fucking defense of this pig.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
Cops needs to be fired but won't be. Just the approach to this is all wrong. What if this person was mentally ill and couldn't follow those orders? He was ready to go as soon as dude slipped up and did anything. So fucking scary and had he killed him he would've gotten off, of course.

Wreck We Em

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Cop: "Put the car in park"

Black Guy goes to put the car in park

Cop: "HE'S GOT A GUN!!!!!!"

How can any reasonable person expect the guy in this video to trust ANYTHING the cop orders him to do. The fact that Ada is sincerely trying to defend this is fucking disgusting...

Glad this guy didn't end up a hashtag for all the fucking thoughts and prayers

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
Yep, that's about as close as you can get to getting shot. Filming it almost certainly saved his life.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
You're right but that's not the reality. If you have a shitty bloodthirsty cop in front of you you should try to deescalate and this kid did none of that and put his life even more at risk for it.

Of course it shouldn't have to be like that but it is what it is.
The only reason he wasn't shot was that he had both his hands in the air like that.

If he moved his hand to shut the car off, the cop would have fired. He already shouted "he's got a gun."

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cop: "Put the car in park"

Black Guy goes to put the car in park

Cop: "HE'S GOT A GUN!!!!!!"

How can any reasonable person expect the guy in this video to trust ANYTHING the cop orders him to do. The fact that Ada is sincerely trying to defend this is fucking disgusting...

Glad this guy didn't end up a hashtag for all the fucking thoughts and prayers
The only reason he wasn't shot was that he had both his hands in the air like that.

If he moved his hand to shut the car off, the cop would have fired. He already shouted "he's got a gun."

Just for the record, the guy did have a gun. BUT guns are legal (without a permit) in Arkansas.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You basically rolled up in the thread on some weird fuck shit about how the dude didn't handle the potentially deadly situation with a motherfucker clearly looking to light his ass up the "right" way. Your entire comment chain in this thread is fucking sketch as hell and comes across like offering a lame fucking defense of this pig.
You didn't read correctly if you think I'm at all defending that pig. I'm going to leave this thread now but not before repeating, again, that that cop was 100% wrong, should be fired and should stand trial for this.

Oct 25, 2017
You didn't read correctly if you think I'm at all defending that pig. I'm going to leave this thread now but not before repeating, again, that that cop was 100% wrong, should be fired and should stand trial for this.
Yo maybe read what you wrote, think about how it looks, take the L and stop posting.
There is no right way or more correct way to handle these situations. These people are looking to shoot motherfuckers.

Seneset

Oct 27, 2017
Limbus Patrum
So much wrong in that video in just under two mins of watching it. Even the little stupid stuff the cop didn't have to lie about he did. Like saying the guy was pulled over for coming back. With we know is a lie because right afterwards the cop said he never left.

I agree. The filming defence works for the first part "hes got a gun" fine keep your hands up but after that he should have explained to the cop that he was going to turn off the ignition and defuse the situation. Instead of waiting to be pulled from the vehicle while the car was running.
The cop gave conflicting commands. He said turn the car off and don't move your hands.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
But if there's a slight chance something can be done to better your chances, if ever so slightly, in your favor of not provoking the cop and shoot you then I'd take it. Talking back at the asshole with the gun pointing at you I don't think helps in that department.
You're still not understanding that respectful black people get shot and killed too.

Again, there are no best decisions to make outside of the comfy confines of Internet thought experiments.

He did nothing wrong.

Euler.L.

Alt account
Banned
Mar 29, 2019
What kind of situation was that even supposed to be that it would justify that the cop arrives with a pointed gun?

Wreck We Em

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Just for the record, the guy did have a gun. BUT guns are legal (without a permit) in Arkansas.

And that is the set up right there

The cop would use the defense that he was reaching for a gun which is already legal to own in the state without a permit. So he get's off scot free simply because of reasonable doubt

This was the best and only move for him to make. You want the car off? You come do it...I'm keeping my hands in plain sight at all times

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
And like clockwork, there are people here suggesting that the black guy who was about to be falsely executed by a white police officer is somehow in the wrong. He was 100% right to keep his hands out in the open there, especially when the cop is waving a gun in his face and screaming that he's armed.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
I agree. The filming defence works for the first part "hes got a gun" fine keep your hands up but after that he should have explained to the cop that he was going to turn off the ignition and defuse the situation. Instead of waiting to be pulled from the vehicle while the car was running.

I'm going to assume you're interactions with police officers are few and far between, and that you don't follow the news very regularly.

The cop tells him to turn off the car because he wants him to move his hands too quickly. Period. He has a gun drawn, shouts "He has a gun" and as soon as he realizes that the man is filming, he changes his demeanor. This wasn't the cop trying to diffuse anything, or solve anything, it was a cop who was out for blood, plain and simple. If the cop kills him, he gets a free vacation and his cop buddies will say "well we thought he had a gun, so it was justified, he feared for his life".

Everything the citizen did here was absolutely correct. Everything the officer did required that response. If a cop has a gun on me and asks me to do something that could give him an excuse to shoot me, I'm not doing shit.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Truitt says he plans to file a complaint against the officer in the video. Hopefully the officer is fired but I'm not holding my breath